Steph's Response to leaked M.S. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:53 pm
i was bawling.
and thats not an easy thing to make me do.

i was looking forward to this more than anything else.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:16 am
Jellycones
Aqua Anjel
vanny_jae
Yeah, i feel bad for her D':
well, she might not be finishing it for a while, but at least she gave us the first 12 chapters. I don't know how i feel about reading it, but it was her gift to us as an apology. I am still debating on actually reading it though. It was released for bad purposes and i hate the person who released it. They might not have done it on purpose, but someone who was given it to them by stephenie meyer obviously had her trust, and had no right to show it to anyone else. If she wanted it shown, she would have released it already. Well, i hope whoever did it is full of guilt and is miserable right now. They better hide under a rock, because i'm gonna hunt them down. Who's with me? *grabs pitchforks and torches*

oh and if you do want to read it, here's the link...(although i don't know why you would)
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_partialdraft2.pdf

You feel bad and still you're going to post the freakin link that did this to us in the first place? mad

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF SENSE DOES THAT MAKE IN YOUR WORLD, WOMAN?!
If you look where the link came from..it came from Stephenie Meyer herself...she posted it in her blog so people who wanted to stay faithful to her, but still read midnight sun they could because SHE published it online.

I didn't see if it was the first chapter or all 12. I know she posted Chapter one on her website years ago. nevermind. sweatdrop  

Aqua Anjel

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:17 am
Pubic Genital Lice
I am not jumping to any conclusions, I am trying to jump into some sort of conclusion. For me, those are the only two people that I know have the manuscript besides Stephenie's publisher or agent. But those people's jobs aren't the type who do that. They're professionals.

Now, I am not saying Rob isn't a professional, but he's still some what a small actor. He's only gotten famous by being Twilight. Before that, he wasn't in many other movies besides Harry Potter. He still has professional learning to do.

He has done othe movies besides Harry Potter. They weren't huge but it's not like Harry Potter was his only job.....  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:23 am
Aqua Anjel
Pubic Genital Lice
I am not jumping to any conclusions, I am trying to jump into some sort of conclusion. For me, those are the only two people that I know have the manuscript besides Stephenie's publisher or agent. But those people's jobs aren't the type who do that. They're professionals.

Now, I am not saying Rob isn't a professional, but he's still some what a small actor. He's only gotten famous by being Twilight. Before that, he wasn't in many other movies besides Harry Potter. He still has professional learning to do.

He has done othe movies besides Harry Potter. They weren't huge but it's not like Harry Potter was his only job.....

Hmm, I knew that. But Harry Potter is about the only serious movie I've seen him in.

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:16 pm
It's so sad that someone betrayed Stephenie like that. It really is a great tribute to her character that she is being the bigger, better person by not releasing the person's name to get revenge on them. (Because she has to know that if she revealed who did it, we fans would make the rest of that person's life miserable.) Still, I am hopeful that she will eventually finish the book. If she is as passionate about the characters as she says she is, I doubt that she will be able to simply leave the story unfinished like that forever.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:52 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
Aqua Anjel
Pubic Genital Lice

Hmm, I knew that. But Harry Potter is about the only serious movie I've seen him in.

nonetheless, why are you trying to figure out who it was? Stephanie said it was accidental, so it really doesn't matter all that much. mistakes happen.  

pinkcatminht

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:08 pm
T-T I feel so sorry for her.

I just hopes she gets better and can write more.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:51 pm
This sucks a**. I'm both angry and sad. Angry that SM isn't finishing the book that we all need, and sad that someone leaked it....but--there COULD be a glimmer of hope. Maybe SM will somehow realize that punishing us isn't the right way to go about this and complete Midnight Sun? You never know, it DOES happen. And about the leakage thing....maybe it wasn't the person SM gave it to.....maybe it was someone the person knew and THEY leaked it? That's also a possibilty.  

Rancid Cupcakes

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:29 pm
So its true then.No MS?!
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! *cry* *falls*
Oh nooooooooo!
I was really looking forward to this. Why is this happening? Other books were also leeked onto the internet why do this with MS?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:34 pm
As if I didn't have a crappy enough week with band camp and school starting, MS being leaked online really f*cked my week.
Like everyone else, I don't know if the leak was accidental (like someone put it online while drunk) or on purpose (to really tick off a whole legion of people). Hell, for all we know, someone could have hacked into someone's computer and finding the manuscript, posted it online.

By the way, I have no idea while a lot of people who posted in this thread is blaming Robert. But I don't think he had anything to do with it. I just don't.  

stareyed_in_LA

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:52 am
Dia Dementia
Pubic Genital Lice
Aqua Anjel
Pubic Genital Lice

nonetheless, why are you trying to figure out who it was? Stephanie said it was accidental, so it really doesn't matter all that much. mistakes happen.

Well, for some reason I don't believe it was an accident. I feel she said that to ease us. She's obviously upset. If it was accident then she'd most likely continue Midnight Sun. Purposely done stuff does stuff like this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:20 am
I feel so bad for Stephenie Meyer--I mean, she must feel so betrayed. What if it turns out it was someone in her family? What if it was someone she was close to? I know we could go on for forever with what if statements, but, honestly--obviously she'd given it to someone she'd trusted and she was betrayed by that person. Normally I'd say I'd love to be Stephenie Meyer, but not now. I feel so terrible for her. It's so terribly sad that this happened.

But you know what's amazing? The way she took it and made it seem like it wasn't such a big deal to her. Sure Midnight Sun is on hiatus--but when she started the series it wasn't going to be published in the first place. I'm in awe on the way she presented it to everyone on her website. She is an amazing role model. She didn't tell anyone who it was, didn't throw herself a pity party, and didn't ask for anyone's apologies--sure it might be different for her in real life... but... whoa. This just proves that Stephenie has got to be a good person, not some snooty little writer.

hospitalflowers

3,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100

EvilWarlordGu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:55 am
Is it just me, or did it sound like she meant she wouldn't be writing ANY more of the twilight series? cause she WAS supposed to write more in the Twilight universe (Not centered around edward/bella, but still in the same universe). We'll, not SUPPOSED to, but she sounded like it was a definate possibility (I was personally thinking she would continue with their daughters story...). Her letter sounded like she was DONE with that universe...

at least she'll probably work on host more? maybe?

damn...this sucks monkey balls...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:43 am
Pubic Genital Lice
Dia Dementia
Pubic Genital Lice
Aqua Anjel
Pubic Genital Lice

Well, for some reason I don't believe it was an accident. I feel she said that to ease us. She's obviously upset. If it was accident then she'd most likely continue Midnight Sun. Purposely done stuff does stuff like this.
i don't think she'd lie to her fans like that. && she really doesn't like spoilers, so that might be why she's so upset.

but really, the people to blame here are the ones who didn't have enough respect for Stephenie Meyer to NOT pass around the leaked copy. it's just a big mess all around.  

pinkcatminht

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:45 pm
Dia Dementia
Pubic Genital Lice
Dia Dementia
Pubic Genital Lice
Aqua Anjel
Pubic Genital Lice

i don't think she'd lie to her fans like that. && she really doesn't like spoilers, so that might be why she's so upset.

but really, the people to blame here are the ones who didn't have enough respect for Stephenie Meyer to NOT pass around the leaked copy. it's just a big mess all around.
THANK YOU!

If people weren't flaunting it around all over cyberspace, it wouldn't be a big deal. That chick on youtube still pisses me off...  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff