Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Classic - Old - Independent Movies
Willy wonka? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cteddiesgirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:38 pm
I'd go with the original version. While it might not have followed the book so much, I still prefer it. As previously stated, the remake was just too creepy. The way Johnny Depp looks in it just reminds me of the creepy modern version of Michael Jackson. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:08 am
cteddiesgirl
The way Johnny Depp looks in it just reminds me of the creepy modern version of Michael Jackson. rolleyes

blaugh You're right he does! Creepy!  

Atomic Pixie7

Artist89

Fashionable Dabbler

4,450 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:50 am
I prefer the remake with Johnny Depp for 2 reasons.
1) It's Johnny Depp man
2) I had to watch the original everday at day care for a week and a half. They kept playing it! It's like it was the only movie they owned and we couldn't go outside because it was "too hot out". >>  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:07 pm
I can understand that really well, I've been there. I still prefer the original ten times over. Because while Geen Wilder may have been a crazy Willy Wonka just like Johhny Depp, Geen Wilder was crazy in a kid sort of way not in a murderous "go get yourself killed in my funhouse" sort of way.  

Diana Ishtar

LunaSoulKeeper

4,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:07 pm
Wilder played a creepy character but it was ok because he kept his old life hidden and in the end we find out that he just wants to be around people who are trustworthy. Depp was beyond creepy and couldn't break away from it. The storylines were comparibly different and it ruined the recreation.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:31 am
LunaSoulKeeper
Wilder played a creepy character but it was ok because he kept his old life hidden and in the end we find out that he just wants to be around people who are trustworthy. Depp was beyond creepy and couldn't break away from it. The storylines were comparibly different and it ruined the recreation.

Pretty much.  

Clockwork Alchemist

Swashbuckling Bibliophile

37,325 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
Classic - Old - Independent Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash