Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Classic - Old - Independent Movies
The "Wizard Of OZ" and "Return to OZ"(contains spoiler info) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bee Humble

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:03 pm
gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL
Overall I think the 1939 Movie was better

yay!! i also agree 1939 is better too  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:16 am
No doubt about it. There will always be 1 true "Wizard of Oz" no matter how many versions there are of it( i.e.: "The Wiz, Journey Back to Oz, etc.).  

veloxy

Fashionable Genius

13,125 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Full closet 200

Blue Eyed Wallflower

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:00 pm
xTx Monty xTx
Wizard of Oz was a kickass movie but i like the video cassette when it first came out due to the fact it had the suicide scenes in their if you guys watch closely it was awesome also watching it with pink Floyd

First of all, that wasn't suicide. It was a bird on the set. None of the actors playing munchkins hung themselves.
Also, I did the whole Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon sync-up with The Wizard of Oz and it was just meh. It didn't really go with the movie.

Return to Oz is awesome. The scarecrow is really cool, as is the little steam robot machine thing tickety. I think he's a clock of some sort. The Wheelers are also creepier than flying monkeys. And who wouldn't love to pick lunch from a lunch pail tree?!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:38 pm
The 1939 film is good on it's own accord, but had very little to do with Oz as it is in the series of books.
Return to Oz was a lot more relevant to the books, and caught a lot more of the darker aspects of the stories. Overall I prefer it, just because I spent so much or my childhood reading the series.  

We Have A Winnar

euphoriafish

3,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:00 pm
I thought Return to Oz was a lot more imaginative and ambitious than The Wizard of Oz. And did you know, the claymation of the Gnome King's rock minions was done by Wil Vinton, who also did the California Raisins? He was big around the time Return to Oz was made.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:55 pm
I love The Wizard of Oz.

I never heard that there's a movie Return to Oz.

redface  

nyx_pixie008

Classic - Old - Independent Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas