Well Of Wishes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x__CrimsonRegret

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:52 am
Wu Shu
Hmm....this is a prayer thread, yet this page is all non-prayer discussion. Oh well. Guess it's up to me to bring it back. Although it has already been done, I offer prayer to the victims of the tsunami. May those who lost family find a way to move on, and may those who lost shelter and food be helped to recover their losses.

Yeah, screw the fact I'm trying to help my Aunt who could lose her unborn daughter and her life, because that just PALES in comparison to rules.

In any case, I pray for my friend Mark now.. I hope he chooses a path most suitable for him, and not be swayed by his friend's influences.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:58 pm
I pray for this guy I know whose finger broke off and for my family and all who is still going through grief over the death of my grandpa. I pray for my friend Rachel whose going through tough times as well as Alex since she's gotten caught up in it as well. I pray that my brother Kyle will find a girl who likes him for who he is in time for Prom....lol. I pray for Debbie, who I know is going through tough times and for me to start to see her in a better light. I pray that the school board will arise from its funk so we can get decent funding and I pray that the whole gang thing at school will calm down quickly. I pray that my brother will start being nicer to my mother since she really takes his mean jokes seriously. And I wish I could find a good job or a place to volunteer since I need something productive to do...and I pray that all these other prayers on the board will be answered.  

Kireal

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:24 pm
I pray my bf and for my self, we both yearn very badly to see each other and sometimes, it turns into very emotional times, to the point where we cry about it.

I also pray for my bf because people at his school bother him and he doesnt nothing to anyone. He is a very kind person and shouldnt be alone the way he is in school.

I also pray for my self because I am having problems making friends because I am a little shy, and i'm aready having problems with the friends that I already have. I just want to be able to go to school, stop being judged, ad be happy.

I am new to this Praying thing, but I am willing to try it, if anyone can help me. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:25 pm
I would like to wish/pray for Kireal's friends safety and hope that they have learned their lesson. I wish that those who may have been offended have pitty on the young spirits, who did not fully understand what they were doing and the forces they have disturbed.  

Aloyseus_Wolf

toboetsukasa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:49 am
I pray/wish for my great aunt to get better. She has a form of cancer that will slowly kill her. There is noway to treat her or remove the canerous tumor. She lives with us now and we have to just sit and watch her die.. T_T  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:45 pm
I pray for my friends father to have a peaceful death.

The doctors said he probably won't live past next monday. He's been like a 2nd father to me, and I hope that when he does go, it will be peaceful.

I also pray to the family. I hope they can all make it through this horrible time.  

Quadadiddle
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:04 pm
I pray I don't go nuts working on the guild. xp I also pray the new help will really help make things less stressful.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:51 am
I appologize for not being around much... I want everyone to know that I'll try and be here more often. Know my prayer, now, is for the world to work itself out in a way that's best for those with good karma.
I also pray that Jameta doesn't go nuts working on this Guild. ^^;;

Winter Black
Crew

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:36 am
I pray that I eventually become strong. Emotionally: to learn not to become obsessed with what other people think. Physically: to stop having body pains, illnesses, etc. so I can stop missing so much school.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:29 am
Praying, Kiwi, is only the first step, and I should know. I just got over the flu. The only difference between you and myself is that I'm not going back to school till next year, and haven't been in school for years.

The becoming obsessed with other peoples opinions is a purely mental thing, and perhaps I can give you some things to say when they tell you their opinions. You could try "Who are they to judge?" or "What does the opinion of me that comes from someone who's not me, and doesn't know me as well as they think, really matter to me?"
I used to become obsessed to the point of ridiculousness. One day, I simply stopped caring. Hahah. Not a lot that bothers me, anymore.
But it's not something that just happens, Kiwi, you have to work for it. You have to want, so badly, not to care of others opinions.

As for the sickness... If you are a sickly person, I don't think that can be helped. If not, try washing your hands more often when you are in public. At least five times a day is the preventative measure for any cold germ, and even flu germs. If you really want to be safe, wash a few extra times. It would really help. It helps me not get sick every couple weeks. [laughs] I don't get sick very often. Some peoples immune systems are stronger than others. Sometimes it cannot be helped. Try, also, eating healthier. More ballanced meals, no take-out at all, a glass of milk or bowl of cereal in the morning is great, and try not to eat potatoes and beef at the same time. (This includes hamburgers and french fries, or steak and mashed potatoes, ect.) Try having a snack of fresh fruit twice a day. And apple, an orange, banana, or maybe even a handful or two of berries. It really makes a difference in my diet, I find.

Anyways, you don't have to listen to me, I'm only trying to be helpful. I maybe be butting in where I'm not welcome. I just wanted to get that out, so people know that their prayers for themselves largely depend on themselves to help set them in motion.
It's like walking with a straight back on purpose, after a while, you don't even notice you're walking that way anymore. Your posture improves immensly. It really helps with making yourself more presentable, it would help with getting a job, and many other things. Poor posture can hurt ya later in life. I learned that from some older people when I was younger. I still slouch, slightly. XD

Anyways, my prayer today is that some time in the next little while, I do find a job through the resumes I put out. I pray that I do get a part-time, and have money to help me. And I pray I get accepted into it when I apply for fashion school, after I get my GED, and a few extra credits. [laughs]

Winter Black
Crew

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:53 am
Thanks, that did help a lot. I try really hard to make myself better, mentally and physically. Mentally, I feel like I'm not surrounded by the right people. It's not my family, they're great... but it's the people at school. They all judge so easily, which really affects my over-sensitive mind. Physically, I will say that's my fault. I eat poorly, I'm underweight, and sometimes I don't eat all meals. So, that's something I need to change.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:28 pm
When you have no choice, there is nothing to do but grin and bear it. My advice to you is to do what I did, pretend you can't hear them. All people are born with a natural capacity for selective hearing. I have tapped it. I have also forgotten the face of my father due to using it too much, but that's a different story.
Anyways, when they start to judge you, remember that the people who really matter wouldn't be so quick to point out the bad in you. While those who care about you would tell you when you are being, say, snobby, or if you are, indeed, underweight, they would try to do it gently, and to help you fix it.
Therefore, those who simply judge you, and do not wish to help you overcome, are probably jealous of something wonderful that you have, and are therefore quick as sonic boom to point out your flaws. Their opinions are moot. They do not matter.

As for underweight, how much do you weigh, and what height are you? What some consider over or underweight may actually be Hollywoods views on those two afflictions, and you may be right where you need to be... Or a little over. Whether or not this is a bad things comes from your health. But that is mostly a mental thing. If you think your weight is making you sick, it will. Just like if someone with Cancer thinks "That's it, I'm going to die.", they die regardless of therapy (whereas, there have been cases of people thinking "I'm not going to let this kill me", being in an uncurable state, and still pulling through), so never doubt that you can pull through.

If it is your eating habits, may I suggest that you try something? I know it might sound crazy, given your current affliction, but there is a body-cleansing that may help you stay relatively healthy.
For week, do nothing but drink water. Halfway through, say, if you start on Monday, by Wednesday, add fruit juices as well.
The next week, drink water, fruits juices, and eat fruits and vegetables.
The week after, you may eat meat again, but try to steer away from red meat, and stick to mostly white meat, and fish. By the end of the month, you should feel a lot better.
If not, you can feel free to tell me I'm full of myself. But trust me when I say that most of the time, when a person feels hungry, they just want a drink of water. I learned that one on my own.

Anyways, if that helped, let me know. I'll try and do a little prayer for you sometime in the next week or so. In the meantime, you're in my subconcious thoughts.

Winter Black
Crew

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 pm
I'm not sure about the body-cleansing thing, I've been known to faint if I don't have enough food. About my weight, I am anywhere from 90-96 pounds (it depends on the day) and my height is about 5'4''
I've never judged it on my height and weight though, I just know I'm skinny because you can see my bones.

It's nice to hear your comments about the people that point out the bad in me, but most of the time it's someone like a teacher who does it. I have one teacher who is really bad at that, they yell at me all the time to the point where I am almost afraid to do anything in that class. But, that's life I suppose.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:51 pm
Your teachers should be encouraging you to do better, not yelling at you for not doing it right. They should be trying to help you to learn how to do it, not telling you to get it done, and yelling at you because no one told you how. Your teachers you can completely ignore. Don't take s**t. Only learn what they have to teach, and then be done with them. If they are nice, you can trust them a bit, but don't open up to a teacher too much. For the most part, they are only there to teach you what they know. Most of the time, I found, and especially in grade school (when I was young), I knew more about things than my teachers did.

As for your weight... If it's because you are skinny, that is just your metabolism. You can't control that very much, if at all. Try being a bit active. I'm 5'7 and I weigh 215 lbs. Big gut. But I've been walking more often, and I've been losing weight. My advice, become more physically active. Try going for a walk for roughly an hour every day after dinner, or whenever you have the time during the day. It also helps clear your mind, and relieves stress. [smiles] So it will help you not be so hurt/upset about what people say.

If you don't mind my asking, are you a Cancer, a Pisces, or a Scorpio? The fact that you are hurt by the words of other suggests water sign, and I would know best of all, because I had to overcome my own signs emotional weakness.

Winter Black
Crew

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:13 pm
Actually I'm a Gemini, so I'm not a water sign. I have been trying to be active, but sometimes I just feel so tired, or I'm busy with school work. But, spring break is coming up so that'll give me a chance to get back in the groove.  
The Owl's Roost | Resources and Services |

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff