Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:15 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
I'm thinking five guys storming a building with cement floors, and shooting up a world of hurt in a narrow hallway. Then guy five trips on the spent casings of guys one and two, breaks his tailbone, and is carried back to the humvees by guys three and four.

What now? I'm lost.
Are you suggesting that the casings be retained on every type of weapon?
No, just the one weapon designed that way. But using it would mean you don't have a s**t-ton of casings rolling around on the floor. Rolling casings are a trip hazard, and you don't want to fall and break your a** in the middle of an op.

Now what type of weapon were we talking about? Wasn't it a type of scoped rifle? Who, other than COD and some CS:S players, would storm a building with a scoped rifle?
I was just referring to a rifle in general, not necessarily any specific type.

At first I thought we were talking about a long range rifle. Then any type, then a rifle, and now again we're back to any type?
neutral
Well, long range is included in any type. I mean yeah, you could invent some type of sniper rifle like this, and it would probably work fine, but it would truly come into its own in something like an SMG.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:18 pm
As long as you guys are still talking about ejected casing catchers, reffer to example 2 in the diagram XD

http://www.keiththompsonart.com/pages/arms.html

Besides the artworks and designs being badass, the guy has a thing going for the brass catcher, going upon the sae idea of further silencing the weapon with a closed bolt design  

Anima_Raptor

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:55 am
Anima_Raptor
As long as you guys are still talking about ejected casing catchers, reffer to example 2 in the diagram XD

http://www.keiththompsonart.com/pages/arms.html

Besides the artworks and designs being badass, the guy has a thing going for the brass catcher, going upon the sae idea of further silencing the weapon with a closed bolt design
That gives me an interesting idea. A helical magazine weapon that dumps spent casings into the buttstock. Eh?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:27 pm
Maelthra Reloaded
*Fap fap fap fap fapfapfapfapfapfap*

Dammit, you beat me too it.

This is from the same guys that made the Barret 50 cal?  

Xarich

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:16 pm
Soul Bain
Maelthra Reloaded
*Fap fap fap fap fapfapfapfapfapfap*

Dammit, you beat me too it.

This is from the same guys that made the Barret 50 cal?
Yup. I think all their weapons were designed "Because we damn well could".  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:21 pm
Bump because ******** you.

I got to shoot one once, it was glorious.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:21 pm
Gun's actually present in BF3, and from what I've seen it can be semi-auto (regular M9 cool or bolt-action (M98B).  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:06 pm
lol necro  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Rei Kuroniko

Hallowed Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:28 pm
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:30 am
Requiem in Mortis
Gun's actually present in BF3, and from what I've seen it can be semi-auto (regular M9 cool or bolt-action (M98B).
It was a giant piece of c**k in the campaign. They give it to you to use INSIDE A MALL. ******** that noise, AKs are accurate at those distances.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:01 pm
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
It was a giant piece of c**k in the campaign. They give it to you to use INSIDE A MALL. ******** that noise, AKs are accurate at those distances.
I don't think anyone else noticed, really, considering most players probably went straight to MP without even glancing at the campaign. Although I'm still going to get around to beating the campaign before my brother returns it to his friend (assuming I can drag myself away from Skyrim long enough to do such).

But the idea of a sniper rifle that can be both manual and automatic, while nothing unique in firearm design (see also: the two SPAS shotguns, although those two don't require any actual modifications to the gun), is still pretty cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:13 pm
Capt Buckner CTO
Bump because ******** you.

I got to shoot one once, it was glorious.
I only shot an m82  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:45 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
I don't think anyone else noticed, really, considering most players probably went straight to MP without even glancing at the campaign. Although I'm still going to get around to beating the campaign before my brother returns it to his friend (assuming I can drag myself away from Skyrim long enough to do such).

But the idea of a sniper rifle that can be both manual and automatic, while nothing unique in firearm design (see also: the two SPAS shotguns, although those two don't require any actual modifications to the gun), is still pretty cool.
It's only five-ish hours, just allocate an afternoon.

Quote:
most players probably went straight to MP without even glancing at the campaign.

...and that's why.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:51 pm
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis

Quote:
most players probably went straight to MP without even glancing at the campaign.

...and that's why.
You underestimate just how addicting of a game Skyrim is. It's hard to drag myself away from such an awesome game to play any shooter.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis

Quote:

...and that's why.
You underestimate just how addicting of a game Skyrim is. It's hard to drag myself away from such an awesome game to play any shooter.
You kidding? I own both Fallouts, I know how it is. But you can drag yourself away with a bit of willpower.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff