Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Astral Selves Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clair Fay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:00 pm
WitchyBoy
i notice lately my vision and appearance when im astral has sharpened a lot more.

Lol Maybe because you're astral projecting almost every night, and so using your "astral sight" more and more often?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:47 pm
Clair Fay
WitchyBoy
i notice lately my vision and appearance when im astral has sharpened a lot more.

Lol Maybe because you're astral projecting almost every night, and so using your "astral sight" more and more often?

mayhaps you are right wink  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Mirenithil

9,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:08 am
Warning bells are going off for me as I read through this thread.

I observe that a lot of people percieve themselves in the astral as they wish to look in the physical, and it strikes me that it may be a kind of subconscious fantasy/wish fulfillment. Most people wish to look more lovely/mysterious/exotic/otherwise special; that is completely normal. However, I would be very, very careful at taking such a wish-fulfilling self image as Permanent Factual Truth without nakedly honest self examination first.

I never see myself in third person in the astral and never have. Everything is experienced first-person, and I am not aware what my astral body even looks like as I've never seen a mirror in the astral, heh. I'm sure I could go search one out, but it has never mattered to me. Not once in all these years has it ever occured to me to check to see if I look any different and, if I think about it, I suppose since I feel no difference to my consciousness of who I am while walking on the other side I assume I must look the same, too.

Then again, I am also of the firm belief that we can shapeshift in the astral as necessary, taking on, say, animal forms as necessary (as I do once in a while,) so making oneself appear more attractive is likely a very ordinary thing. In the astral, we're all exotic looking supermodels. XDD  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:25 pm
Mirenithil
Warning bells are going off for me as I read through this thread.

I observe that a lot of people percieve themselves in the astral as they wish to look in the physical, and it strikes me that it may be a kind of subconscious fantasy/wish fulfillment. Most people wish to look more lovely/mysterious/exotic/otherwise special; that is completely normal. However, I would be very, very careful at taking such a wish-fulfilling self image as Permanent Factual Truth without nakedly honest self examination first.

I never see myself in third person in the astral and never have. Everything is experienced first-person, and I am not aware what my astral body even looks like as I've never seen a mirror in the astral, heh. I'm sure I could go search one out, but it has never mattered to me. Not once in all these years has it ever occured to me to check to see if I look any different and, if I think about it, I suppose since I feel no difference to my consciousness of who I am while walking on the other side I assume I must look the same, too.

Then again, I am also of the firm belief that we can shapeshift in the astral as necessary, taking on, say, animal forms as necessary (as I do once in a while,) so making oneself appear more attractive is likely a very ordinary thing. In the astral, we're all exotic looking supermodels. XDD

too each there own i say *fabio hairflip*  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Sirrush_Grey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:49 pm
I use a seperate "avatar" when I go out to the astral plain. I use first person view most of the time I'm there. Going into third person view gives me a bad headache afterwards, so I don't do it often.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

When I project I'm usually a white male with long hair pulled into a ponytail.
Wearing a Medieval White poet shirt. I'm Thinner, Shaven save for my usual Goatee. My face is somewhat sharper, which might be due to the leaner shape. I think I see Wings, sometimes, on my back.

[edit] Whoray for Cleeeeshay~! But Seriously, I'm just a thinner version of myself.

Lucas Moonrose

Shapeshifter

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:24 pm
I look angelic in my astral self.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:41 pm
Tenrai Kado
I look angelic in my astral self.

How do you define "angelic"?  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:07 pm
Angel looking but with no wings. Like a well dressed long white haired projection of myself but with no wings.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:23 pm
Angel looking?

?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:20 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Angel looking?

?

xd

No way; angels are ALWAYS pale white folks.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 pm
For me, I'm no more..i guess (acording to others anyways) beautiful them i am here, my skin is a tad paler, my hair even blacker and longer like it was when i was younger, sometime braided. Main difference is my leg are now proportionate to my body(insted of being TOO short like there are in realy life due to injuries and medicine which stunted the growth)

my ears have abit more of a point then they have narutally (no lie my ear in Real Life already point i was born like that) i wear a red gown of sorts with black embroidery my eye color is red insted of green, but other then those tiny differances there isn't much difference.

Yes I did search out a mirror once or twice, not cause i'm vain or anything, just for the fact a mirror can be a tool as well.  

surukio

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:15 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Sanguina Cruenta
Angel looking?

?

xd

That's just plain ignorance right their. Angels can range in many different ethnicities. Not just one.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:22 pm
I look taller...my hair is longer...it's almost frightening...I don't think I look like myself at all.  

Aislin Artiers

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:17 pm
Tenrai Kado
Violet Song jat Shariff
Sanguina Cruenta
Angel looking?

?

xd

That's just plain ignorance right their. Angels can range in many different ethnicities. Not just one.

That was just plain sarcasm right there. You generally only see angels depicted as white people.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games