Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
An outside opinion on Gaia itself. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~prize_in_the_box~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:50 pm
i agree with the second half but the first one is a bit harsh... sweatdrop it only metions the bad things about gaia and makes it look as though they don't want anyone to use gaia... which is probably true  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:40 pm
Most of it is true, but it is a whee bit too harsh. Though the nOObs truly have the tendancy of doing stupid things like asking to do dirty things and spell terribly. -_-;
I admit that I used to do txt talk, but I don't think I am an extremist with it. I only use it for my class notes, but that would be shorthand wouldn't it?  

[-T h e a t r e.G e e k-]

~prize_in_the_box~

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:13 am
yeah... I blame n00bs...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:22 pm
My first post in the guild! Yay!

Okay, so on the subject.. Like just about all of the posts I have read so far, I think the way they made Gaia out to seem like a mating ground for idiots was kind of harsh. Sure, there are a lot of "noobs", "trolls", and the like.. But not all Gaians are like that. The same is true for Grammar Nazis. There are some of them, but most people I've seen post just type in the right way and don't scold others for not following their example.

As for the comment about all Gaians just being hungry for gold to get pixelated goodies, well.. In my case, it's just simply because the customization of your avatar on Gaia is so much better than most of the board sites out there. Another reason to collect gold? The Java minigames. I love virtual fishing, and even though I don't fish to collect hats (Well, except for maybe the tire one. It's too funny to pass up.), it's a nice game to play in your free time. Since you need gold to buy bait, though, well.. you get the idea why some people are always seeking out gold.

If you find the right people to talk to, this is a good community with some good message boards that cover good topics. So, even though wikipedia is one of my favorite websites, whoever made that article and bite my butt. 3nodding  

MeechDesu

Myriane

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:42 am
Most of it is true concerning the newbs... stare but the rest is kind of harsh... especially for those of us (like the members of some guilds) who do have a decent and intelligent conversation...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:37 pm
I'm not postive what I'm agreeing to, but I am. Nazis are common, and n00bs all the more common. It's sad that Gaia is defined as a bunch of sex-crazy, bad-grammar, insane n00b people.
I cannot stand all thses 'Be my B/F / G/F' crap threads. And txt tlk is SO ANNOYING! I can't even understand the text let alone write in it. Good Lord of the Rings.
But I will wrap my rant up by saying ther are a large majority of people on gaia that do use corrent grammar and aren't Nazi about it. If I ever use bad grammar, its either my keyboard (which is truth) or I'll sick (often true, too).
Okay, ranting over. ^,^V  

DarkRubberDuckyofDoom

ArgentoKittayh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:17 am
(Yay!! My first post in this guild!! )

About the Wikipedia-thing, sure it's a bit harsh. But the definition does make perfect sense when you surf around and try to dig into the minds of the persons who actually write a lot of the rubbsih you find on Gaia. Some threads do have an interesting topic... but mostly it's just poll whores and "golddiggers". I agree. I think. *walks off and consults brain*

I used to be a spelling nazi... but it didn't help a single soul. People just got angry with me. Keep your Grammar Nazi-behaviour hidden, show it during nighttime when you chat with other Nazis, and laugh unkindly at the silly people who ask you "wut r u doin?".  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:21 pm
The definition wasn't harsh in my opinion, it was just lacking the good qualities of Gaia. They only stated the bad things and none of the good things.
But I can understand where they're coming from. Our GD forum is beginning to look like a semi-literate clone of the chatterbox and most of the literate users are withdrawing into guilds because of the n00bs.
Though Gaia is still a good place if you can find a way past the n00bs and look at all the features we have. Of course we are gold-crazed. It helps us play games, dress up our avatars that represent us(people judge you because of you avatar. Y'know all those flaming pants/shirts=n00b and no clothes=newb and buck teeth with bangs over eyes=bitchy grammar nazi things.) It's also part of what makes Gaia fun. Buying things, playing games, and keeping us from getting bored when we can't find anyone to converse with.

Shrocomemos

Shrocomemos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:24 pm
metalmalzan
Most of the time, these users speak with smaller, centered, or colored texts for the sole purpose of being "different" or "intimidating".

O.O
Lies, I say! LIES!
I just think it looks cool. And I like orange. <___<

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:30 pm
Honestly now, the average post on gaia is probably a 'Bump' statement.

This is the only forum site I've been to that's obsessed with bump statements & bumpers.

Also, this site is obsessed with contests, and such. Most sites I've been to have rules against that.

Oh, and another thing that bugs the crap out of me is illiterate roleplays. Like "GURLS SIT ON BOIS LAPS" and "DEMON BOYS HUMAN GIRLS" and "CUDDLEBUDDYYY!!"

-shrug-

It's hard to find a nice roleplay on gaia.

I just am here for the art, now a days.

Misandry Mermaid

TanyaDawn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:43 pm
I.....honestly have to agree. This is what we, as Gaians, have become. Not all of us, of course, but as a generalization. I remember (and I'm sure many of you do, as well) Back when Gaia was still a young little thing.....before all the n00bs came and decided to ruin this amazing place. Grammar is a thing not very appreciated anymore, and when somebody attempts to point that out, they tend to get flamed for it. I was on the receiving end of that near the end of January of this year. In all honesty, there's nothing we can do about it except hope for the best.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:35 pm
Oh, great, I feel loved. They went to the typical idiots forum, if you go to ED or something, the people are great. We've been stereotyp'd!  

Dark Master Pineapple

Kavuu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:19 pm
i agree with it.. I suppose...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:55 pm
It's true. Too true. But I love Gaia nontheless. For my guilds and for the writers' forum.  

Ithaya

WellThen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:51 pm
I hate to, but I have to agree... I don't tend to visit much outside my guilds, and a few RPs as well. I must voice my complete dislike of all the illiterate RPs though. How can you do anything if you've only written very basic actions and one or two lines of dialogue?! Anyway, greed simply comes from society. It's ingrained in us from birth to be greedy, so it's bound to happen no matter what we're doing. I've always avoided the CB and GD, being that you can't really get a good discussion going without random people dropping in and either advertising, or just going on about randomness that is not at all related to the subject at hand. Even the ED is getting bad... As for Nazis, I usually put them in their place if I see them flamming. Of course, I do the same to n00bs who flame.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff