Did you enjoy the movie?
  YES.
  It was alright.
  No. It was a waste of money...
  gold!
View Results

SOM3BODii TOLD M3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:13 pm
omg it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! and i dont know about the sound they made when edward sparkled but.... still I LOVED IT!!!!

and no i didnt notice emmet saying "shes not one of us" now that i think about it

and I saw stephanie in there the sec they showed her.

IT WAS SOOOO GOOD  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:15 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
I must add things now that I realized it. I know for a fact that this is movie, but what ever.

Okay, in the movie the Cullen's house is modern, but in the book Bella explains it to be like one hundred years or so. They also kind of missed another important part, well, sort of. I kind of wish they had the scene where Edward takes a bit of pizza. And they didn't have much of a Lauren hating her. They also didn't have it where Tyler kept begging on her for prom, or had him go to her house or anything the night of prom

As I said, I know it's a movie. :[
I totaly agree! One of my favorite parts of the book was when tyler, eric, and mike all asked her for the dance...and how edward stopped traffic and later he laughed at bella... you know? and also, in the movie, bella said edward talked as if he were from another time....edward talked like anybody talked. atleast in my opinion..... and for the girl who posted above this post i agree with the glittering noise. that killed it for me... but yeah! those are some of my cons with the movie haha.  

Jellycones

Kayu Ryukai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:28 pm
I saw it last night at 7 p.m. and it was pretty enjoyable. When the characters showed up a whole section of girls screamed out, especially when lines from the book were recited. Someone yelled "Take it off" at the kissing scene. It was however akward at most parts, and I was a bit confused by some of the scenes. They cut out a majority of scenes that we saw in the trailers when I wished they didn't. I think the movie was just a bit too rushed. Like first it was the beginning, then them in love too quickly and then the end. But all in all it was still pretty good.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:30 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
I kind of sat alone in the movie, not be distracted. A friend ended up sitting by me who is really into Twilight. Of course, I read the book before I saw the movie. So, the book was fresh in my mind, everything memorized.

I think I annoyed her a tiny bit, I kept leaning over going, "That was a little different in the book...she's wearing a converse, she suppose to be wearing a high-heel...they drove Carlisle's car...they said something else...that didn't do that...ect."

It was a little rushed, and for someone who hadn't read the book, I don't think they would've really grasped the entire concept of the plot. They should had a scene with Alice talking about the venom as done so in the book. They should have saved the part where Edward in talking to Bella in Carlisle's study. And the scenes with Bella and Edward should have been a little more extended so they wouldn't have been so sort with talking about some important things they left out. Bella didn't cook, that made me mad, too. That made her seem lazy in the movie..

OMG! DID YOU GUYS SEE STEPHENIE IN THE MOVIE? IF YOU DIDN'T SHE WAS RIGHT THERE. IN THE CAFE ON A LAPTOP. DID YOU GUYS NOT SEE THAT PART?

In my town, the movie didn't start until 7pm, but I sat outside the movie theater at 4:40pm and just waited. I didn't want to miss the movie, or have it sold out. I was the eighth one to get my ticket. XD

Me and my friend did that too.

Especially when Bella meets the family. We're like, "Dude. She's supposed to be wear a skirt. *glare*"

Not that the little things really bothered me, I just liked to point them out.

Mrs Joe Trohman

_IceGoddess15_

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:53 pm
It was ALRIGHT! Major Dissappointment though...

Good: Jasper was perfect.

Bad: The Cullen Family didn't have alot of screentime, I felt like they were kinda pushed aside. The book isn't JUST about Bella and Edward.

Good: Robert did a good job acting like he was 'in pain' when he first smelled Bella.

Bad: Bella looked like she was having a freaking wet dream when she was laying in bed all weird, and breathing hard. "That was the first night i dreamt of Edward cullen." ...yeah that was strange.

Bad: Edward didn't shave his chest. And he didn't work out. And he was just...really awkward at some points.

Good: Edward did a good job with the glare.

Bad: Once again, Cullen family didn't have enough lines.

Good: Emmet was awesome :] and so was Rosalie.

Bad: The cut out alot of important parts...it just felt Rushed.

Bad: Edward and Bella kissed in his meadow, not in her bedroom while she wasn't wearing any pants.

Bad: Edwards sparkly skin was strange.

Bad: Edward's lines were kinda of weird, funny, but weird. Edward wouldn't say "Google it." He just wouldn't.

Bad: I wanted to See Rosalie and Alice's prom dress!!! Why didn't they show it? :/

Okay there, there are more little things...but yeah. there's my opinion. I didn't LOVE but I didn't HATE it either.
Jacob was cute O_o he had a better body compared to edward.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:04 pm
OMG! So I did go to see it a second time and I really do truely love that movie. It was so awkwardly funny!  

covo

Literate Dork

Witty Flatterer

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:17 pm
Mrs Joe Trohman
Good: It was funny. Kellan was perfect as Emmett. Esme, amazing. Alice, almost perfect. Rosalie, very good. Edward, great. Carlisle, amazing. Jasper, very good. Bella, exactly as I've always pictured her to be: Kristen Stewart.

Bad: Not. Enough. Detail! Not enough story. If any one had gone into this blind, as in watching the movie without reading the book, they wouldn't have known how much Bella and Edward are really in love. They hardly touched each other!

Good: When they did kiss it was nice.

Bad: They skipped out on so much, and so many important things. Where is the meadow scene?

Good: The They did James, Victoria, and Laurent perfectly.

Bad: Edward is not a monkey. Edward does not fly. Edward does not say, "Hold on tight, Spidermonkey."

OKay, I could rant on forever and ever, but I'm starving so I'll leave you with that. xD

That spidermonkey comment got me laughing, I'm not going to lie.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:13 pm
I LOVED IT! I knew it was going to be good! I never denied it for a second! Edward=EPIC WIN (I don't care what the hell you say!)  

Rancid Cupcakes

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:52 pm
Anybody else enjoy the part where the guy's singing, "My mama don't know how to make a cat...Meeeooww"?

[or something along those lines.]  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:17 pm
I ended up seeing it twice....Within 2 days. I thought it was phenomenal...ok some parts I had to make fun of like when Edward was sparkling I said with a gay lisp, "I sparkle." And when Bella was asking Edward if something was wrong with her at the restaurant I said, "It is cause you are brain dead, Bella."  

The Original Syn

Jellycones

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:28 pm
I do agree with some of the people in this thread that said the movie was too quickly together...like, they didn't spend enough time on the most important parts, and it was pretty rushed in parts.

They left out alot of cute things, alot of vital things, and alot of things that made the story more clearer...but oh well, I guess that's what the book is for haha.

Overall, I am pleased with how it turned out and it brings good justice to the book, though the book is a million times better....

I can't wait to see how the alternate New Moon...maybe they'll make that one more closer with the book. I know Edward obsessors are going to complain about the first half of the movie...but oh well haha. I don't mind. It makes New Moon, New Moon. And Taylor Lautner is adorable...so it all works out! :]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:29 am
~Meevs~
I think it was ok.
I was a bit disappointed with some of the acting and some of the visual effects (ex. sparkly Edward).
Some of the conversations between Edward and Bella seemed a bit more awkward than they should have been and a little too forced.
And I don't think they focused enough on the Cullen family.. Like some of the things that were funny for those who read the book wouldn't really be understood by those who havent.
I think the fight seen was amazing though.
And the little bits of humor were done pretty well.
-shrugs-
I guess I was overall a bit disappointed...

I really feel this way as well
the meadow scene was really disappointing as well...
I think I have a better backyard than the "meadow"
and they cut out the carlise story completely...
but it was okay... I'm giving it another chance, so I'll watch it again ^_^  

iJasper Hale

Jellycones

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:48 pm
iJasper Hale
~Meevs~
I think it was ok.
I was a bit disappointed with some of the acting and some of the visual effects (ex. sparkly Edward).
Some of the conversations between Edward and Bella seemed a bit more awkward than they should have been and a little too forced.
And I don't think they focused enough on the Cullen family.. Like some of the things that were funny for those who read the book wouldn't really be understood by those who havent.
I think the fight seen was amazing though.
And the little bits of humor were done pretty well.
-shrugs-
I guess I was overall a bit disappointed...

I really feel this way as well
the meadow scene was really disappointing as well...
I think I have a better backyard than the "meadow"
and they cut out the carlise story completely...
but it was okay... I'm giving it another chance, so I'll watch it again ^_^
They didn't even make the "meadow scene" the meadow scene. haha. it was kinda like, hey lets go hiking! then hey, i have to show you my glittery side....it lost the totaly romantic, "their meadow" kind of feel. and since they didn't emphasize "the meadow" in the movie, how is it supposed to work for when Laurent comes back and finds Bella in the meadow!? haha. i don't know...i'll guess we'll have to wait and see.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:30 pm
THAT MOVIE WAS PURE 100% PERFECTION!
I loved it so much! Where do I start. xD  

skiittle

Landon Grey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:39 pm
I can honestly say I hated it. My freinds say that i was doubting it from the begining and yeah I kinda was not wanting to be dissappointed Because I love the freakin' book. I did go in with an open mind but theres just so much i can take.

Where did the info for Alice go(the end of the book infor about her)?
I pictured the medow scene as more romantic then trying to scare her.... well right away anyway.
Jasper...there somthing I liked her kinda looked like Edward from Edward scissorhands.
Alice was what I pictured but needed to be shown a tiny bit more.
The conversations were all clipped and short.
And the freakin' shiny skin I mean really!
ALOT of parts missing.

One of my friends that went to see it was waiting till after the movie to read the book hoping not to be dissapointed by the movie. He had no idea what the heck was going on.

It just pissed me off in the end.

Sorry if it offends anyone who loved the movie to hear any of this but with all movies there will be one critic and I am he.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff