Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
doesn't feel like twilight anymore Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VanillaSugar11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:37 pm
I hate how many people just like Twilight for the movie. I'll try to talk to them about Twilight, and they totally don't care. They'll be all "whatever. The movie was sooo much better" on me. I think that they kinda killed the book that way.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:41 pm
Sam68xoxo
coldfrenzy
Eerie_Whisperer
god, its been like that for me for a while now. pretty much since i read breaking dawn. i loved twilight, new moon grew on me and eclipse was good. but breaking dawn ruined it for me. then i went to go see the movie and it was juts.. horrible. the part with edward sparkling was so b-movie and yeah. they messed up on a couple of parts that they really shouldnt have.
overall, im just not the same twilight fan i once was. like when i first joined this guild.

same here!
I was extremely disappointed with Breaking Dawn, I guess that's because all the exciting action with the volturi and Victoria was out of the way. But Things have just changed in the Twilight fanbase completely.
And I agree about the movie. They changed things and left stuff out that was spoken [that is used later in the series] that really didn't have to be left out or changed. Like you said. And the movie just gives the new-comers a totally different view on the series.
And i don't want to sound selfish or rude or whatever. But it's like Twilight is a trend now.

I feel the same way. I started reading twilight before it was "big." My close friends and i all read it and talked about it like crazy. People would always give us confused looks. (Our school was very small so everyone knew what we talked about.) Now all of those people are reading twilight. It has been like that since breaking dawn for me too. Although i still think that breaking dawn is a good book, it doesn't do justice to the rest of the series. The movie and how big it really became kind of ruined it for me. I'm kind of sad/mad about that.

Me too. I'll admit it, I read started reading Twilight after the movie stuff came. But I made sure to read it before I saw the movie. But still, all the stuff they did to Twilight in the movie is so bogus. Like they took out "Do I dazzle you?" and when Bella told Edward that her favorite gemstone was a topaz becasue that was the color of Edward's eyes. I think that Twilight lost some of its magic for me after that.  

VanillaSugar11

Phoenixliv

9,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:57 pm
I'm newer to the twihard cult but I would have read it earlier if someone had brought it to my attention. I read it when it virally hit my office at work ^_^ we've been transformed from employees to fangirls! It's awesome!

I think of all the people that are crazy into Twilight like Edward thinks of Jacob. They love something I love so I can't hate them. As for the people who refuse to read the books - HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA their loss! REally though, I'm a Twilight pusher - I'd make them read it or beat them with the books!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:56 pm
I so agree!!
It's such a trend now, ppl only see the movie, and think Edward (Rob) is cute, and they say they Loooveeee twilight,
I read the first 3 books, and loved them.
I became completely enamorated by the characters, and the story,
Twilight was amazing, got me hooked. Watched twilight vids on youtube, fan art, Books, read 3 times each
New moon, it was a little Emo, lol.. but i still liked Emo Bella.
Eclipse, was ok.
anyways, i talked to other ppl about the series, and they were like
Twi-what? , i introduced half my classroom to it.
But by the time Breaking Dawn came out, Twilight was more known, because of the movie. And ppl started talking more about ti, but only bcuz of the movie, and asked me, is it any good? and i said yes, then they started quizing me about it, so tehy didn't have to read the books.
But yes, i do feel a little different about twilight, it has turned into a trend.
It's very comercial now. but, hey, it's still twiiliiighttt..
coldfrenzy
Eerie_Whisperer
god, its been like that for me for a while now. pretty much since i read breaking dawn. i loved twilight, new moon grew on me and eclipse was good. but breaking dawn ruined it for me. then i went to go see the movie and it was juts.. horrible. the part with edward sparkling was so b-movie and yeah. they messed up on a couple of parts that they really shouldnt have.
overall, im just not the same twilight fan i once was. like when i first joined this guild.

same here!
I was extremely disappointed with Breaking Dawn, I guess that's because all the exciting action with the volturi and Victoria was out of the way. But Things have just changed in the Twilight fanbase completely.
And I agree about the movie. They changed things and left stuff out that was spoken [that is used later in the series] that really didn't have to be left out or changed. Like you said. And the movie just gives the new-comers a totally different view on the series.
And i don't want to sound selfish or rude or whatever. But it's like Twilight is a trend now.

Dgirl91

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:01 am
User Image

honestly... I thought the movie sucked and I hate that people base how they feel about it off the movie.

And Twilight is girlie, I don't care what anyone says, you can tell it was written by a woman with very woman-ish fantasies... twilight is the product
of someone's dreams.
Anyways, not the point.
I am one of those people who got into it after seeing the movie.
I had a friend who tried getting me to read the series two or three years before this thoguh.
But if anything I'm glad because if i had just seen the movie and not bothered
with the books I would have been missing out on much better stuff since the
movie leaves out a lot of good stuff... and their acting really wasn't that great.
Sure Rob played a cute Edward and now when I'm rereading the novels I
can only think of him when I read about Edward but for some reason I still
can't picture how Kristen portrayed Bella as being the real Bella.
Like I know many older fans think the newer ones are all crazy and stupid
(hell I think many of them are too)
I never claim to know more or anything, but I feel I know quite a bit
since I've read the first 3 books at least 3 times now (I have no life)
I mean... I gotta know something by now right? lol
Though obnoxious fans are annoying and I've met a few older fans
who are obnoxious too... so it's not just newer fans.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:38 am
I totally feel the same way!

Twilight used to feel special becuase at my school, only my small group of friends and a few other people had read them. So that was about 10 or 15 people.

Now, the same people who made fun of us last year for reading "vampire books" are obsessed.

I've tried explaining this to my friend but they say I'm just weird because I may not be the most obsessed person at school anymore.

I don't; I just feel that what used to make me special was taken away from me.  

piercing_golden_eyes

xScarlet Bellax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:57 pm
Oh yeah i totally kno what you mean... My whole school went threw that... i tried getting a few of my best friends to read the book. but none of them really thought to read it cause of the fact that it as about Vamp. and wolfs. but right when the movie came out and the fan population went up that when my friends started askin me. at frist i was excited cause i could have people to talk about it with....but then it just got annoying cause they started acting like they had been fans since the seris started( like i was )..idk it just pissed me off..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:09 pm
yeah i am so there i mean i still love the books and all but its getting so annoying! Twilight is every where now and everyone is like "OMG TWILIGHT!!!" its gotten so annoying. i miss how twilight use to be and how there were like tons of fans like us but not EVERYONE knew what twilight was. i miss the old way  

X-Freiheit93-X

Moonlit Scythe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:55 pm
it is weird cuz all these people are like heyy i bet u didnt no this...
and im all like yeh i did cuz read it like 2 years ago (i think...well before every1 was spax bout it)
but it is just weird (and i no i repeated it...)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:22 am
I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Yeah, I get that too.
It sucks. I used to really like it, but then all this crap happened.
-sigh- It doesn't feel like Twilight. It's just this stupid thing run
by fangirls and sparkles.

Mischief managed.

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:23 am
I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

But also, those people who've never even read it and hate it,
that's really annoying too. All those anti-Twi kill the mood too.

Mischief managed.

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces