Deneris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:10 am

User Image

Throw back the shoulders,

let the heart sing, let the eyes flash, let the mind be lifted up,

look upward and say to yourself ...

nothing is impossible!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:13 am
:: Basic info | Family | Personality | History | RP log | Items | Growth | Art ::
User Image

User Image
Name: Maha
Meaning: Beautiful eyes (Swahili)
Nicknames: -

Species: Lion
Birthday: Nov 24th

Pride/Pack: Simbafutaji

Familiar: ---

Seer?: No

PR color: #5723c9

Obtained: From RP contest, 24/11/2008
Colorist: Kireiryuu

Song(s): Dare You to Move - Switchfoot

This is where I belong
Bryan Adams

I hear the wind across the plain
A sound so strong - that calls my name
It's wild like the river - it's warm like the sun
Ya it's here - this is where I belong

Under the starry skies - where eagles have flown
This place is paradise - it's the place I call home
The moon on the mountains
The whisper through the trees
The waves on the water
Let nothing come between this and me

Cuz everything I want - is everything that's here
And when when we're all together - there's nothing to fear
And wherever I wander - the one thing I've learned
It's to here - I will always....always return

User Image

Deneris

Deneris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:17 am
:: Basic info | Family | Personality | History | RP log | Items | Growth | Art ::
User Image

Mother's side
Grandmother: Hamsakili

Mother: Kamaria
Father: Jethro

Siblings: Kanzi, Kobe, Omoa (adopted)

Half-siblings:
By mother: -
By father: -

Mate: Udo'Tau
Offspring: -

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:18 am
User Image

Maha is energetic and adventurous. She is sweet and social, greatly enjoying the company of her family and friends. Full of infinite optimism, she takes every failure she suffers not as such, but as just another step taken to accomplishing herself as an individual and realising her dreams.

She has no special interest in being a hunter, like her father, she would rather play-fight than chase after prey. Swift on her paws, smart and a quick learner, Maha is more of a strategist in her way of thinking. However she more often than not tends to over think everything too much and thus lose her chance to do anything. She might be more suited for a Fighter position with her strength and skills, but she will need to learn to take faster decisions.

User Image

Deneris

Deneris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:20 am
User Image

Maha was born in the Simbafutaji pride. She lives there with her parents and her siblings. She has many friends, her closest ones being Lilavati and Kitandiko.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:21 am
User Image
User Image On-going|User Image Complete|User Image Abandoned|Used for breeding

User Image Sister Adventures
Omoa takes Maha to the beach and teaches her how to make shapes in the sand.

User Image I want adventure
Maha meets Lilavati, another brave little explorer.

User Image Searching for seashells
Maha and Kitandiko explore places they shouldn't.

User Image A Tag Extravaganza
Maha meets more of the pride's cubs during a game of tag.

User Image So...why are you in our pride lands?
Maha encounters a rogue for the first time.

User Image Story to tell
Excited about her rogue encounter, Maha rushes to her mother.

User Image Oh Huni, please! Pretty please!
Maha and Lila have a little request for the pride's crafter.

User Image Brave little fighter
While trying to practice for her future as a Fighter, Maha is in serious danger of permanently damaging her paws. Luckily, Sewelo shows up to save the day.

User Image It's...Spottie? time.
Udo and Maha take a walk on the beach.

User Image Stormy day
During a storm Maha and a lion by the name of Klahan find shelter together and share stories about their homelands.

User Image

Deneris

Deneris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:22 am

User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:24 am
User Image

Click for full-size art

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

User Image  

Deneris

Deneris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:25 am
User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:49 am
User Image

“Come children, we need to talk.”

Maha felt the weight of her sister lift from her chest and she rolled off her back and onto her paws. Kanzi had managed to pin her down again. ‘Sometimes you need to think less and act more, Maha.’ She thought to herself. But she did way better than last time. She was improving. A smile on her face and that special twinkle in her bluish-violet eyes, Maha hurried after her siblings.

“What is it Mother?” the cub asked once she reached her.

“It is about Omoa.” Jethro answered instead. “We think there is something about your older sister that you should to know.” Maha wondered where this was going and her tail flicked in anticipation.

“Though she is a part of the family and always will be,” Kamaria began “she is not your sister by blood.” Maha tilted her head to the side, not fully understanding the concept of blood relations as of yet.

“You mean she doesn’t have blood like ours?” Kanzi asked.

“Yes, she-”

“Is it green or something?” Maha asked wide-eyed, completely misunderstanding the meaning behind her mother’s words. It was one of those rare occasions that her words slipped out of her mouth before she could think them over and realize just how stupid they sounded.

“What? No!” Jethro laughed at his daughter’s silliness and her brother gave her a you-can-be-such-a-dork look. “What your mother was trying to say is that Omoa has different parents. She was adopted by me.”

“Oh!” Maha slowly nodded as it finally dawned on her. “Alright then.”

Going further away from where the other cubs were playing, Maha’s head was still full of thoughts about Omoa. She didn’t really know what to think about it. So she was going to try and distract herself with a little hunting. A rabbit caught her eye and she sneaked towards it as quietly as she could, hiding herself behind everything that provided some cover. She would have preferred a gazelle, but they were too large for her.

‘Okay, step there…’ she thought ‘No! It could see me if it turns. Turn away, rabbit!’ She mentally ordered. Maha froze in place as the rabbit looked around. After a while she tentatively stepped forward again. Paw after paw, silently as if she was walking on air. She stalked the long-eared creature like that for quite some time, always thinking trough every step before she took it. ‘Yes, finally!’ she thought happily and a smile spread on her lips. ‘Just a little more…’

And the rabbit happily hopped away, done with his food. Startled, Maha jumped after it, but the rabbit was too far away. “Man!” Maha frowned, tail flicking irritably. “I did it again- Oh!” Something bumped into her leg. The little cub looked curiously at the creature. Another rabbit, a younger one and it was so scared that it still hadn’t ran away to safety. It had come out of the tall grass, no wonder it hadn’t seen her.

“Ha! I’ve got you!” Maha cried happily and pinned the rabbit down to the ground with her paw. It was shaking so wildly that it made her regret her actions. She was such a softie. She had no problem fighting with teethed and clawed opponents, hell, even gazelles and antelopes had hoofs an horns to protect themselves. But small creatures like this one, mice, meerkats and the like – they made her feel bad about causing any harm to them. Maha carefully removed her paw.

“Hey, don’t worry, I won’t harm you!” she said softly, bringing her head down, in-between her paws. Now they were eye to eye. “Will you be alright?” The concern was clear in her voice.

“Y-you won’t eat me?” the rabbit squeaked fearfully. Was this a trick?

“No, I won’t.” Maha smiled warmly. Judging by his voice, her catch was a male. She laid down in a completely non-threatening position. The two stayed in silence for a few minuets, just studying one another. “Hey, do you have brothers or sisters mister Rabbit?” Maha suddenly asked.

“Uh…yes.” Surprise was written on the rabbit’s face, but he was visibly calmer now. “Why do you want to know?”

“Well…it’s just that…my Mom and Dad told me today that my sister Omoa wasn’t really my sister, well she is…but not a sister sister, because she was adopted. She is not blood-related, she is a part of the family like and older sister but not really a sister.” Maha said all that incredibly fast and the rabbit barely registered all the information. “What does ‘adopt’ mean anyway?” She should have asked her mother about it. Maha looked at the rabbit expectantly, obviously done with what she had to say.

“Well,” the rabbit began “it means that the parents of , how was it, Omoa? Weren’t there and your mom and dad took her to raise her as their own.”

“And now I don’t know what to think about it.” Maha confessed ” Mom and Dad told us for a reason. Should I feel any different? ‘Cause she’s not real? Not a real sister , I mean.” Maha looked away “’Cause…’cause I don’t. Is that bad?” she asked quietly, bluish-violet eyes full of worry. Imagine her surprise when the rabbit suddenly burst out laughing. “It’s not funny, you little rodent!” Maha growled, jumping to her paws.

“I- I’m s-orry!” he tried to calm down “It’s just that…oh man..” he took a deep breath of air “It’s not bad what you’re feeling.” the rabbit managed finally “Not at all! It’s a good thing. I think your parents want you to think of her as a true sister. They told you of her true origin because they wanted you to know the truth. Truth is very important, you see. You can’t have a good relationship when you keep secrets from your loved ones.” The rabbit smiled at the young lioness, hoping she understood what he wanted to say. She was so confused, the poor little thing.

“I know that.” Maha said, that special twinkle her eyes always held returning. She realized how silly she had been. Omoa would always be her sister in her heart. That was what mattered, not blood relations and the like. Things wouldn’t be any different between Omoa and herself, as far as Maha was concerned and she was sure her parents wouldn’t have it any other way. They had told her the truth because they did not want their children to think they had lied to them. That was all there was to it. She was getting worked up over nothing.

“Thank you mister Rab-“ A rustle reached her ears.

“Gotcha!” Kanzi suddenly jumped out of the tall grass, aiming for the rabbit. Thankfully she missed, the rabbit was warned by Maha’s actions and moved away in time.

“Hey, why didn’t you get it?” Kanzi asked.

“I was talking to him!” Maha said, frowning.

“That’s not how you catch a rabbit, silly!” Kanzi laughed “Come on, I’ll show you.” Her sister once again disappeared in the long-grass. Maha opened her mouth to say that she knew how to hunt but followed her instead. Kanzi was the better hunter anyway, it would be good to let her give her some lessons.

User Image

Deneris

Deneris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:29 am
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:54 am
User Image

Deneris

Deneris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:58 am
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:59 am