Edward
eek
Jacob neutral
Mike neutral
Eric stare
Angela talk2hand
Seth talk2hand
Bella emo

To be honest, Rob surprised me. As soon as i saw who was cast as Edward, i wanted to go and strangle somebody. I honestly didn't think he could do the part. He definately didn't look like the Edward that i had imagined. But i guess that's what is so unique about books. Only you can imagine who's who and if theyr'e going to make the book a film, they cna't always get it right.
But i was deeply disapointed with Kristen Stewart. She made everything look so hard. She didn't have the nice bubbly Bella-ness in her acting. She kind of looked how i imagined Bella but her acting was poor, and that's what ruined it for me. The meadow scene was awful.

And i didn't imagine Seth to look so.. Indian-like? I knew they were hippy-ish but still... talk2hand
Oh, and i thought that Jacob's hair was supposed to be.. shoulder-legnth, and up in a ponytail? Not long enough to reach his elbows.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:43 am
RejectedLimpet

To be honest, Rob surprised me. As soon as i saw who was cast as Edward, i wanted to go and strangle somebody. I honestly didn't think he could do the part. He definately didn't look like the Edward that i had imagined. But i guess that's what is so unique about books. Only you can imagine who's who and if theyr'e going to make the book a film, they cna't always get it right.
But i was deeply disapointed with Kristen Stewart. She made everything look so hard. She didn't have the nice bubbly Bella-ness in her acting. She kind of looked how i imagined Bella but her acting was poor, and that's what ruined it for me. The meadow scene was awful.

I totally agree! i mean when i first heard the cast i wanted to scream at something. how could they do that to such a great book? all these no names that pry didn't know what they were doing and the two main ones with no acting skills at all. well i was surprised with Robert, very, very surprised. Kristen i hoped would have gotten better but indeed she hadn't. I agree with everything you said quoated above!  

Aradia Helevorn

RejectedLimpet

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:09 am
Aradia Helevorn

I totally agree! i mean when i first heard the cast i wanted to scream at something. how could they do that to such a great book? all these no names that pry didn't know what they were doing and the two main ones with no acting skills at all. well i was surprised with Robert, very, very surprised. Kristen i hoped would have gotten better but indeed she hadn't. I agree with everything you said quoated above!

Yeah! I know what you mean!
I was SO annoyed with the meadow scene though. And i know it's a film, but they hadn't really stuck to the script from the book. I'm pleased they got the Lion And The Lamb quote in. But they missed out LOADS of good scenes. We should've had mroe of Edward in Bella's room at night and them both in their classes at school. Although, they portrayed the baseball scene VERY well. That's my ultimate favourite scene in the film. And the music made it so much better, Supermassive Black Hole - Muse. 4laugh

Edit:Well.. Ok, i'll be fair. I had just finished re-reading Twilight the night before i saw the film. So i was a bit more of a critic when i saw the film than i would normally have been... But still... burning_eyes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:13 pm
Oh thats fine with me. i'm always a terrible critic when i see movies. i'm just one of those people who really apreciates the details of a novel and it bothers me when important things are taken out. my biggest peeve is actually the fact that they took out carlisle and alice"s stories. thats major character profiling they took out! but indeed the baseball scene was my favorite. i'll never look at the sport the same again. lol. not that i really liked it much to begin with. I think they focused more on their physical relationship than their emotional one which sux. there's just so much more to it. >_<  

Aradia Helevorn

covo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:26 pm
Alice and Carlisle were the closest in my opinion but everyone else was also pretty good. Overall, it was great casting.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:21 pm
For me :-

Alice - best-looking..exactly how I pictured her.
Jasper - He's a little too stiff..but I still like Jackson Rathbone.
Carlisle - I thought he would look a little younger like what the book says.
Esme - She looked older than I thought.
Edward - He's okay..Except for the sparkly part.
Bella - She's a good Bella.
Emmett - I had always like Kellan Lutz. So, I would consider this perfect.
Rosalie - She's not the "most beautiful" character in my opinion.
Jacob - He's looks handsome without the long hair.
Charlie - He's a perfect dad.. biggrin
Billy - He looks so different from Jacob..but it was alright.
Mike - He's really cute..
Tyler - I didn't expect him to be black. But he's cool.
Eric - If he was a little taller, I would like him.  

Etzlenos Belliveau

Dapper Phantom

Myakachii

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:08 pm
I loved Jasper, Alice, Carlisle, and Rosalie. I think they all fit their character perfectly. At first, Edward sounded a little awkward, but he got better as the movie progressed...

Another thing about Edward was that when he's in the forest, and he's showing her what he can do and stuff, when he said, "As if I need it!" I always imagined him kind of laughing, but in the movie, he sounded all mad and stuff. D:

But Alice was my number one favorite. <3 I love how she was always dancing around, and Jasper just stands there looking all serious. Or, "O_O"

And... Charlie, when I imagined him, he was always balding. xd But, Stephanie wrote the book, she made the characters, so I think she knows what they should look like, better than we do. ^_^;;;

At my school, Eric is everyone's favorite, just because he's so random. "IT'S LAH POOSH, BABEH." xd And Mike, when he's dancing outside the window.

When I went to the movie, I thought that Edward would be my favorite guy. Nope. It was Carlisle. xd He was pretty.

Bella, I was disappointed with. D:

And the end was wonderful. biggrin Except, I felt bad for Victoria. D;  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:47 am
I think Alice and Esme were the best for their characters. Oh, and Charlie.  

NorthEastFire

IntotheDestiny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:52 pm
I thought that Jasper, Alice, Rosalie, Emmett, Charile (can't forget about good old Charile), and Bella's friends along with Billy Black were awesome.

The girl who played Bella: not so much
Robert Patterson: He did a good job but I didn't see him as Edward.
Carlisle: O_o I thought he was going to look a bit different than that but I liked it.
Esme: >_< I thought she was going to have a more motherly look.
Jacob: Poor Taylor....has the skin tone and the body but not the actual features of the character Jacob. I didn't like it at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:35 am
kristen stewart looked the part, but she cant act for s**t and it annoyed me to no end. robert pattinson looked really close to what i pictured edward like. i liked alice too, but her voice seemed..off. carlisle didnt look anything near what i saw him as, emse was good, rosalie wasnt pretty enough, emmett....there was just something wrong about him idk what. i think his face maybe. jasper fit perfectly, excpet for his hair burning_eyes and i really liked charlie's casting too  

Gilded Crows

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:45 am
User Image

I think Rob might have been too focused on imitating an american accent to hide his english accent.... which was annoying for the movie. At least that is what I felt was one of the problems with him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:39 pm
Either the actors for Jasper (Jackson Rathbone) Carlisle (Peter... something starting with an 'F') or the actress for Bella (Kirstin or Kristin Stewart I forget which it is) looked like they fit the best and played the part the best. When I saw those three I was sooo glad they were spot on. Infact Peter even SOUNDS like Carlisle in his interviews and he is always talking about his family.  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

pink_sushi15

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:31 pm
probably carlisle or emmet!  
The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items