Danger! Will Robinson!!! Danger! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:06 pm
You know, I think there's a general rule about nuclear bombs; if you can see the mushroom cloud, you're WAAAYY too close.

Also, the thing that most people don't know about Chernobyl is that the reactor itself didn't explode. The molten fuel hit a pocket of cooling water, which converted into steam, blew outwards, and carried a bunch of radioactive material with it. All of the explosions that occured there were steam explosions. Fuel-grade uranium and plutonium isn't capable of causing an actual nuclear explosion without further enrichment.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:09 pm
Anima_Raptor
Yay for WWIII

Well, time to buy the gas masks off of the surplus stores and army/navy supply depots.

Good point-How do we know that the bombs will be chemical or biological, and not nuclear?  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:40 pm
Requiem6661
You know, I think there's a general rule about nuclear bombs; if you can see the mushroom cloud, you're WAAAYY too close.

Also, the thing that most people don't know about Chernobyl is that the reactor itself didn't explode. The molten fuel hit a pocket of cooling water, which converted into steam, blew outwards, and carried a bunch of radioactive material with it. All of the explosions that occured there were steam explosions. Fuel-grade uranium and plutonium isn't capable of causing an actual nuclear explosion without further enrichment.
IIRC, the 2,000 ton reactor head blew its bolts and literally rocketed through the containment ceiling and landed outside. Impressive as hell, in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:30 pm
OberFeldwebel
Requiem6661
I think I'd be fine, unless they choose Sacramento because it's the capital. Considering we've got San Fransisco and Los Angeles, there are bigger targets out there. Though if they hit 'Frisco, my aunt's ********. Other than the fact that it's the capital of the state, the only things Sac's got that are military targets are two National Guard bases, and MacClellan and Mather AFBs- and MacClellan's shut down.

MAYBE ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER'S AWESOMENESS WILL PROTECT US FROM TEH BOMBS!!!!!

Don't worry, Arnold's rippling biceps of German Steel, forged in Austria, will deflect some of the ICBMs.
Bruce Campbell's chin will deflect the rest.

Chuck Norris has Southern United States covered.

As for the north... I don't know.
Canadaas coverd, we have pamala Andersons knockers to keep us safe.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:52 am
Fresnel
I hear nobody's ever gotten a verifiable report about mutated wildlife in the Chernobyl Zone of Alienation. Interesting to think that even with that much radiation, nobody's seen the effects in animals (besides death and such, but whatever). Also, there are still Ukranians living in there that the government gave up on evacuating. They're incredibly old, too. Eighties, nineties easy. They drink from streams, eat their own crops, hunt local animals...

i was reading something about mutated horses, and children, generations of children... that are mutated, disfigured... retarded. I'll search for the link again later.

but it did effect the locals...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:57 am
Crash Maniac
Fresnel
I hear nobody's ever gotten a verifiable report about mutated wildlife in the Chernobyl Zone of Alienation. Interesting to think that even with that much radiation, nobody's seen the effects in animals (besides death and such, but whatever). Also, there are still Ukranians living in there that the government gave up on evacuating. They're incredibly old, too. Eighties, nineties easy. They drink from streams, eat their own crops, hunt local animals...

i was reading something about mutated horses, and children, generations of children... that are mutated, disfigured... retarded. I'll search for the link again later.

Disfigured, retarded, and cancer-ridden, yes, but there's been nothing like Blinky the Three-Eyed Fish from the Simpsons.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:21 am
Fresnel
Crash Maniac
Fresnel

Disfigured, retarded, and cancer-ridden, yes, but there's been nothing like Blinky the Three-Eyed Fish from the Simpsons.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Russian three eyed sturgeon... that would win.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:14 am
Requiem6661

True but it was still an explosive force.

All the Ruskies there called it an explosion.

Whether they knew it was a reactor failure/explosion or not, the firemen had big ******** balls.
I'm sure they knew something was up when they heard, "Fire at Chernobyl", or "Fire at reactor # 4."  

OberFeldwebel

Rommel_Desert_Fox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:50 am
Speaking of nukes and Chernobyl and all that stuff has anyone seen Shadow Over Chernobyl lately? I wonder what happened to him.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:39 pm
Rommel_Desert_Fox
Speaking of nukes and Chernobyl and all that stuff has anyone seen Shadow Over Chernobyl lately? I wonder what happened to him.

Hmm, I wonder whAt he is doing. I hope That he has a good reason For not being active. ?  

Barru

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:12 pm
OberFeldwebel
Requiem6661

Whether they knew it was a reactor failure/explosion or not, the firemen had big ******** balls.
I'm sure they knew something was up when they heard, "Fire at Chernobyl", or "Fire at reactor # 4."
It was a steam explosion. Hundreds of gallons of water instantly flashed to steam. There was nowhere for the expanding steam to escape, so it MADE a route by ripping 3" thick bolts in half and putting the 2,000 ton reactor head through the ceiling. There was no fire involved at that point. The fire began when superheated radioactive carbon from the control rods spattered all over the walls, floor, ceiling, and roof. Flaming radioactive carbon chunks are not something you want to ******** with.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:13 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Requiem6661

It was a steam explosion. Hundreds of gallons of water instantly flashed to steam. There was nowhere for the expanding steam to escape, so it MADE a route by ripping 3" thick bolts in half and putting the 2,000 ton reactor head through the ceiling. There was no fire involved at that point. The fire began when superheated radioactive carbon from the control rods spattered all over the walls, floor, ceiling, and roof. Flaming radioactive carbon chunks are not something you want to ******** with.

Yeah, steam explosion.

So what were the firemen called there for? An explosion or fire?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:46 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Requiem6661

Yeah, steam explosion.

Flaming carbon chunks. Think napalm, but hotter and more radioactive.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:04 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Requiem6661

Yeah, steam explosion.

Oh ok.
Yeah I heard that when they were taking a break or when they first arrived, some of them warmed their hands over the carbon chunks.

Also, in the video I saw, some of the firemen reported pain as if needles were poking them in the face.

Apparently that's what, "You're seriously ******** now." levels of radiation indicates.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:13 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Requiem6661

Yeah, steam explosion.

Oh ok.
Yeah I heard that when they were taking a break or when they first arrived, some of them warmed their hands over the carbon chunks.

Also, in the video I saw, some of the firemen reported pain as if needles were poking them in the face.

Apparently that's what, "You're seriously ******** now." levels of radiation indicates.
I'd believe it. It's been twenty years and the reactor room is still to radioactive to enter AT ALL. They can't even go in the hallway.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff