Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Who was a better main character? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inferno1020

Blessed Seeker

6,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:49 am
haeo but mainly because he faced alot more chaos to me  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:40 am
Inferno1020

Yeah, I'm sure it was pretty hard for Haseo to fight his lover, Ovan. Kite never had to do anything like that.  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

FIynn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:02 pm
XxGrieverxX
Inferno1020

Yeah, I'm sure it was pretty hard for Haseo to fight his lover, Ovan. Kite never had to do anything like that.

*eye twitches then PKs again* I thought I comatosed you D<  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:54 am
Ovan Reborn
XxGrieverxX
Inferno1020

Well Haseo brought back all the lost ones like 2 seconds ago, so thar. D:<
Now go give Haseo a big kiss. ;D <3

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

yokaiy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:29 pm
XxGrieverxX
Ovan Reborn
XxGrieverxX
Inferno1020

Else you might lose him to Azure Kite. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:40 pm
I think it was Kite. Because everyone, on some level or another, could relate to Kite. Haseo was this...

"Blah Blah Blah, Shino"

"Blah Blah Blah, Ovan"

"Blah Blah Blah, Atoli"

"Blah Blah Blah, Skeith"

"Blah Blah Blah, Tri-Edge"

"Blah Blah Blah, Power"

"Blah Blah Blah, Revenge"

It just got old after a while. Haseo had his own objectives that no one could relate to. It didn't provide him with a backstory. While Kite, he had a backstory, and a life. And plus... Kite wasn't a total p***k to everyone he knew. I'm not saying Haseo wasn't badass, Just... Kite's better.  

Bonquchko

Dapper Conversationalist

5,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conversationalist 100

zawardo

Green Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:56 pm
Bonquchko
I think it was Kite. Because everyone, on some level or another, could relate to Kite. Haseo was this...

"Blah Blah Blah, Shino"

"Blah Blah Blah, Ovan"

"Blah Blah Blah, Atoli"

"Blah Blah Blah, Skeith"

"Blah Blah Blah, Power"

It just got old after a while. Haseo had his own objectives that no one could relate to. It didn't provide him with a backstory. While Kite, he had a backstory, and a life. And plus... Kite wasn't a total p***k to everyone he knew. I'm not saying Haseo wasn't badass, Just... Kite's better.

Wasn't the perpose of IMOQ to make Kite in your own image for the most part?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:49 pm
yokaiy
XxGrieverxX
Ovan Reborn
XxGrieverxX
Inferno1020

Else you might lose him to Azure Kite. :3

Tru dat. cool  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

haseo9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:42 pm
Za Wardo
Bonquchko

"Blah Blah Blah, Shino"

"Blah Blah Blah, Ovan"

"Blah Blah Blah, Atoli"

"Blah Blah Blah, Skeith"

"Blah Blah Blah, Power"

Wasn't the perpose of IMOQ to make Kite in your own image for the most
part?

Yeah really all you got out of IMOQ was kites age,What he liked to do*play soccer* and maybe where he lives THAT IS ABOUT IT. Everything else depended on the quests you waanted to actually do. Haseo was the one that had a backstory. Ryu- i mean Haseo/Sora went through alot of suffering and technically fought the really kite as skeith,Has had amnesia sense then, lives by himself in apartment. His family is rich but i dont remeber if they were either never there or if they were abusive or if it wasnt both. so he lived by himself. We got an age,actual picture,where he lives,how he lives,real name,what he likes, and a chances to make the haseo you like minus some of the other stuff that was permenant. Though haseo was little too REVENGE,EMO ,RAWR,SHINO!!!!!111!!!!!1,OVAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!! ALOT.

Kite was always nice and always had a resolute to save his friends with the power he had obtained from Aura. Haseo you actually got to see him progress from a newb,to a likeable person then becoming colder,darker,then into the PKK Haseo the terror of death then progressing into a human being with actual feelings that cares for his friends with a strong resloute to keep the peace in the world and save the INTERNETZ AND SERVERZfrom crashing causing another accident. he also showed that he could get along with his inner demon working together with it ancd controling it. See the part of skeith taunting Haseo. Kite was badass and was the classic nice person that has gone through a horrible accident but has gained a power that will save your world. Though Haseo does remind you of a certain anime character.

In the end Haseo let go off all if not most of his rage, and learned forgiveness. He forgived Ovan for what he did,Bordeuax for just being a obsessive p***k, not sure about sakaki since ima label him as dead.

At the middle or begining kite knew what he had to do. He had to fight the phases/morgana,and cubia a corrupted system to save his friends,orca in a coma, and the world from utter distruction.

Haseo was driven by anger at first to kill Tri-edge he confused Azure Kite with Ovan who was the real Tri-edge leading to Haseo Having to deal with 2 enemies then he had to deal with AIDA and it's forms,Sakaki, His abuse with AIDA, a corrupted system,the azure knights who were mostly just fighting annomalies, cleaning annomoulus areas, and randomly dealing with cubia having to fight copies of himself and his friends, also his inner enemy akahimself going berserk,Bordeuaz and her crew at first,. Haseo had ALOT more chaos then kite also had alot more crap and random crap to deal with.Only thing Haseo really had easier was that he was a pimp and a huge harem.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:23 pm
haseo9
Za Wardo
Bonquchko

"Blah Blah Blah, Shino"

"Blah Blah Blah, Ovan"

"Blah Blah Blah, Atoli"

"Blah Blah Blah, Skeith"

"Blah Blah Blah, Power"

part?

Yeah really all you got out of IMOQ was kites age,What he liked to do*play soccer* and maybe where he lives THAT IS ABOUT IT. Everything else depended on the quests you waanted to actually do. Haseo was the one that had a backstory. Ryu- i mean Haseo/Sora went through alot of suffering and technically fought the really kite as skeith,Has had amnesia sense then, lives by himself in apartment. His family is rich but i dont remeber if they were either never there or if they were abusive or if it wasnt both. so he lived by himself. We got an age,actual picture,where he lives,how he lives,real name,what he likes, and a chances to make the haseo you like minus some of the other stuff that was permenant. Though haseo was little too REVENGE,EMO ,RAWR,SHINO!!!!!111!!!!!1,OVAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!! ALOT.

Kite was always nice and always had a resolute to save his friends with the power he had obtained from Aura. Haseo you actually got to see him progress from a newb,to a likeable person then becoming colder,darker,then into the PKK Haseo the terror of death then progressing into a human being with actual feelings that cares for his friends with a strong resloute to keep the peace in the world and save the INTERNETZ AND SERVERZfrom crashing causing another accident. he also showed that he could get along with his inner demon working together with it ancd controling it. See the part of skeith taunting Haseo. Kite was badass and was the classic nice person that has gone through a horrible accident but has gained a power that will save your world. Though Haseo does remind you of a certain anime character.

In the end Haseo let go off all if not most of his rage, and learned forgiveness. He forgived Ovan for what he did,Bordeuax for just being a obsessive p***k, not sure about sakaki since ima label him as dead.

At the middle or begining kite knew what he had to do. He had to fight the phases/morgana,and cubia a corrupted system to save his friends,orca in a coma, and the world from utter distruction.

Haseo was driven by anger at first to kill Tri-edge he confused Azure Kite with Ovan who was the real Tri-edge leading to Haseo Having to deal with 2 enemies then he had to deal with AIDA and it's forms,Sakaki, His abuse with AIDA, a corrupted system,the azure knights who were mostly just fighting annomalies, cleaning annomoulus areas, and randomly dealing with cubia having to fight copies of himself and his friends, also his inner enemy akahimself going berserk,Bordeuaz and her crew at first,. Haseo had ALOT more chaos then kite also had alot more crap and random crap to deal with.Only thing Haseo really had easier was that he was a pimp and a huge harem.

haseo9
Though haseo was little too REVENGE,EMO ,RAWR,SHINO!!!!!111!!!!!1,OVAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!! ALOT.

Ok, I busted out laughing reading this, and he IS like that, way to much for my liking, actually.

haseo9
Yeah really all you got out of IMOQ was kites age,What he liked to do*play soccer* and maybe where he lives THAT IS ABOUT IT. Everything else depended on the quests you waanted to actually do.

Yes, in IMOQ that's all you got, but if you go deeper into the story, you learn alot more about Kite, granted in Haseo's expanded universe you learn more about him as well. Maybe I prefer Kite over Haseo because at the time of me actually PLAYING IMOQ, I was an outcast much like Kite was. But instead of all of the server admins, and some of the players hating me and my friend being put into a coma by a giant hunk of evil data...I was that kid at school that everyone picked on, almost no friends, I just walked around the field at recess and sat by myself at lunch. I could relate to Kite feeling alone and like an outcast. Hell, when I went to Animazment in 2005 I went as Kite, I was the only one there. No lie, Google Animazement 2005 Kite and that's me.

haseo9
Though Haseo does remind you of a certain anime character.

I'm gonna take a guess and say...Sasuke...Didn't like him much either, I'm a Shikamaru kinda guy.

haseo9
Haseo you actually got to see him progress from a newb,to a likeable person then becoming colder,darker,then into the PKK Haseo the terror of death then progressing into a human being with actual feelings that cares for his friends with a strong resloute to keep the peace in the world and save the INTERNETZ AND SERVERZfrom crashing causing another accident.

What I didn't like about that whole story was that you had to watch Roots or near the beginning you're kinda like WTF is going on? That's how I was atleast. But in Kite's Saga you get to experince his ENTIRE story in the plot of the games, instead of in some other form of media. Though if you wanted more of Kite there were the Manga and other stuff that featured him as a character.

haseo9
Haseo had ALOT more chaos then kite also had alot more crap and random crap to deal with.

Haseo may have had to deal with all of that but Kite had to deal with the Phases, as you said, but he also had to deal with Data Bugs, being hunted by the sys. admins, fighting The Wave and Cubia, which Haseo did as well, but in my opinion Kite's Cubia fights were alot harder than Haseo's. Kite had to fight Cubia quite a few times, Haseo only had to fight him one in...three segments I think, though I DID like fighting the Dopplegangers...

I can't think of anything else except to restate the fact that, as I said, I could relate to Kite very well when I played his series, being an outcast myself, which is why I, personally, prefer him...  

Bonquchko

Dapper Conversationalist

5,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conversationalist 100

haseo9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:32 pm
Bonquchko
haseo9
Za Wardo
Bonquchko

"Blah Blah Blah, Shino"

"Blah Blah Blah, Ovan"

"Blah Blah Blah, Atoli"

"Blah Blah Blah, Skeith"

"Blah Blah Blah, Power"

part?

haseo9
Though haseo was little too REVENGE,EMO ,RAWR,SHINO!!!!!111!!!!!1,OVAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!! ALOT.

Ok, I busted out laughing reading this, and he IS like that, way to much for my liking, actually.

haseo9
Yeah really all you got out of IMOQ was kites age,What he liked to do*play soccer* and maybe where he lives THAT IS ABOUT IT. Everything else depended on the quests you waanted to actually do.

Yes, in IMOQ that's all you got, but if you go deeper into the story, you learn alot more about Kite, granted in Haseo's expanded universe you learn more about him as well. Maybe I prefer Kite over Haseo because at the time of me actually PLAYING IMOQ, I was an outcast much like Kite was. But instead of all of the server admins, and some of the players hating me and my friend being put into a coma by a giant hunk of evil data...I was that kid at school that everyone picked on, almost no friends, I just walked around the field at recess and sat by myself at lunch. I could relate to Kite feeling alone and like an outcast. Hell, when I went to Animazment in 2005 I went as Kite, I was the only one there. No lie, Google Animazement 2005 Kite and that's me.

haseo9

I'm gonna take a guess and say...Sasuke...Didn't like him much either, I'm a Shikamaru kinda guy.

haseo9
Haseo you actually got to see him progress from a newb,to a likeable person then becoming colder,darker,then into the PKK Haseo the terror of death then progressing into a human being with actual feelings that cares for his friends with a strong resloute to keep the peace in the world and save the INTERNETZ AND SERVERZfrom crashing causing another accident.

What I didn't like about that whole story was that you had to watch Roots or near the beginning you're kinda like WTF is going on? That's how I was atleast. But in Kite's Saga you get to experince his ENTIRE story in the plot of the games, instead of in some other form of media. Though if you wanted more of Kite there were the Manga and other stuff that featured him as a character.

haseo9
Haseo had ALOT more chaos then kite also had alot more crap and random crap to deal with.

Haseo may have had to deal with all of that but Kite had to deal with the Phases, as you said, but he also had to deal with Data Bugs, being hunted by the sys. admins, fighting The Wave and Cubia, which Haseo did as well, but in my opinion Kite's Cubia fights were alot harder than Haseo's. Kite had to fight Cubia quite a few times, Haseo only had to fight him one in...three segments I think, though I DID like fighting the Dopplegangers...

I can't think of anything else except to restate the fact that, as I said, I could relate to Kite very well when I played his series, being an outcast myself, which is why I, personally, prefer him...

True i belive the phases in IMOQ were significantly harder. Problem is that we had a phase fighting another phase in G.U. making it significantly easier then a character with normal attack and the Twilight bracelet to kill. Basically saying fighting the phases Haseo got the better side of the end since he WAS a phase and since he fought everyone with his avatar aka the phase he had about 10x easier time then kite with fighting those. Kite got the s**t end and had to fight hte phases in a party and he was un allowed to do certain things during each phase fight.Example One fight he couldnt commnad people to do certain attacks on a boss. I think that was innis.

But of course Haseo had a way easier time. As his powers evovled so did his avatar which resembled his growth. Now Technically if Kite had to fight the Cubia Haseo fought Kite would have been raped for the simple fact that he isnt strong enough to deal the damage needed to kill every cubia alpha and get through cubia beta.Maybe once inside that diffrent. Like i said.
Haseo fought as a phase and was using skeith to fight something huge giving him a waaaay easier time. Put Haseo in kites place and if they combined all IMOQs Haseo could get through in a couple hours. Put Kite in G.U. and he'd last fine but would still get his arse kicked by maybe ovan or Sakaki if he didnt have enough skills. Regardless yes Haseo had an easier time from a actual playing point of view, but he actually had a harder timebecause he was easier to fight with, and may have been stronger then kite basically saying if you were like. Alkaid without the other stuff you'd basically be playing as kite minus Data drain.Now if kite had an avatar he'd rape IMOQ and would prob get through faster then haseo could but again the fact that he doesnt makes it 10x harder for him.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:12 pm
haseo9
Bonquchko
haseo9
Za Wardo
Bonquchko

"Blah Blah Blah, Shino"

"Blah Blah Blah, Ovan"

"Blah Blah Blah, Atoli"

"Blah Blah Blah, Skeith"

"Blah Blah Blah, Power"

part?

haseo9

haseo9

haseo9

haseo9

haseo9

True i belive the phases in IMOQ were significantly harder. Problem is that we had a phase fighting another phase in G.U. making it significantly easier then a character with normal attack and the Twilight bracelet to kill. Basically saying fighting the phases Haseo got the better side of the end since he WAS a phase and since he fought everyone with his avatar aka the phase he had about 10x easier time then kite with fighting those. Kite got the s**t end and had to fight hte phases in a party and he was un allowed to do certain things during each phase fight.Example One fight he couldnt commnad people to do certain attacks on a boss. I think that was innis.

But of course Haseo had a way easier time. As his powers evovled so did his avatar which resembled his growth. Now Technically if Kite had to fight the Cubia Haseo fought Kite would have been raped for the simple fact that he isnt strong enough to deal the damage needed to kill every cubia alpha and get through cubia beta.Maybe once inside that diffrent. Like i said.
Haseo fought as a phase and was using skeith to fight something huge giving him a waaaay easier time. Put Haseo in kites place and if they combined all IMOQs Haseo could get through in a couple hours. Put Kite in G.U. and he'd last fine but would still get his arse kicked by maybe ovan or Sakaki if he didnt have enough skills. Regardless yes Haseo had an easier time from a actual playing point of view, but he actually had a harder timebecause he was easier to fight with, and may have been stronger then kite basically saying if you were like. Alkaid without the other stuff you'd basically be playing as kite minus Data drain.Now if kite had an avatar he'd rape IMOQ and would prob get through faster then haseo could but again the fact that he doesnt makes it 10x harder for him.

And in IMOQ if you used The Bracelet you had the possibility of getting "infected" and getting a game over, which could happen often and probably did. You had to fight the Data Bugs in IMOQ which increased your infection rate even more, some dungeons all there was to fight were Data Bugs which was always a pain. So, I agree, Kite had it WAAAAAAAAY harder because of his lack of an Avatar, but I do think that Kite would rape Haseo if he had a Phase form.  

Bonquchko

Dapper Conversationalist

5,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conversationalist 100

haseo9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:00 pm
Bonquchko
haseo9
Bonquchko
haseo9
Za Wardo

part?

haseo9

haseo9

haseo9

haseo9

haseo9

And in IMOQ if you used The Bracelet you had the possibility of getting "infected" and getting a game over, which could happen often and probably did. You had to fight the Data Bugs in IMOQ which increased your infection rate even more, some dungeons all there was to fight were Data Bugs which was always a pain. So, I agree, Kite had it WAAAAAAAAY harder because of his lack of an Avatar, but I do think that Kite would rape Haseo if he had a Phase form.

Well if you wanna go by Dot Hack//XXX standards Kite Actually had the powers if Azure kite. Aka why he is the GOD! OF AZURE FLAME and the big bad final boss wasnt cubia. cubia the other side of kite was nice and didnt BREAK s**t the final boss was corbenik. Though it was awesome Aura came out and then Kite just went RAAAAAWWWWWRRRR eyes went to a full color and then his blades split into the empty skies and just slashed straight through and left the tri-edge mark or the ground.

We have to think about this. Kite XXX and Haseo G.U. + are even because they arej ust as strong but haseo had it worse cause he got the skieth factor taken away and was just using Xth form to kick Kazumi's a***this guy from C.C corp, in dot hack g.u.+ he replaces sakaki as the punk evil antaganoist with CLAWS but he uses a fake data drain and takes Haseo's Core before attempting to kill hi but haseo gets tele'd away zelkova. but Haseo now has the powers to shot and destroy data drain attacks and defat people easily. XXX kite and GU+ Haseo = equal as protagonist, Imoq and GU kite had it harder Haseo had it easier. Character Deve was easier to obtain from Haseo then it was kite but as a NORMAL human being people felt connected to his need to help people in need.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:58 am
*Whacks Griever with arm canister* D< I don't want that guy
but on the subject of kite and haseo, I related more with Haseo because in the past years I had been much like him. A huge jerk to just about everyone, and meeting various people helpped mechange into a better person.  

FIynn

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:15 pm
Ovan Reborn
*Whacks Griever with arm canister* D< I don't want that guy
but on the subject of kite and haseo, I related more with Haseo because in the past years I had been much like him. A huge jerk to just about everyone, and meeting various people helpped mechange into a better person.

YOU WANT HASEO, DON'T LIE. ;D
That's awesome. It must be hard for some people to change like that. :,D

@Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas