Submit

MissingNo.?
  YAY! L. 141
  why the hell are the pokemon backwards?
  my game froze......
View Results

Garth-Leftwing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:08 am
I was so happy the first time I got the Mew glitch to work, I love having a level 7 Gengar. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:06 pm
Cattra Nightblade
Akuyoko
~Xiloscent~
I used to have a level 255 snorlax.

NOTHING

could kill it in a link battle.
I think my brother had a godly Snorlax.
Wasn't there that glitch that let you level a Pokemon past 100 if you use a rare candy or something?

I think so =/ you had to do something or be in a certain area though if I remember right
all you had to do was encounter a certain pokemon, do the missingno trick, then surf the coast, occasionally, if done right, you'll encounter actual pokemon, but their levels are above 100! using rare candys you could get them up to level 255, but one more past that brings them to i BELIEVE 0.  

Xilo The Odd

estvpe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:55 pm
~Xiloscent~
Cattra Nightblade
Akuyoko
~Xiloscent~
I used to have a level 255 snorlax.

NOTHING

could kill it in a link battle.
I think my brother had a godly Snorlax.
Wasn't there that glitch that let you level a Pokemon past 100 if you use a rare candy or something?

I think so =/ you had to do something or be in a certain area though if I remember right
all you had to do was encounter a certain pokemon, do the missingno trick, then surf the coast, occasionally, if done right, you'll encounter actual pokemon, but their levels are above 100! using rare candys you could get them up to level 255, but one more past that brings them to i BELIEVE 0.

my friend had a level 400 snorlax 3nodding then it leveled up, to 100  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:12 pm
@Akuyoko: It all runs on the luck of the glitch ^^;

I've encountered the following pokemans past lv 100

Raticate
Pontyta
Magniton
Snorlax (highest found was 1007)
Golbat
Graveler
Slowpoke

Red was my 1st copy I obtained it when I was in grade 3 at the most awesome 2ndhand electronics store in existence <3

Yellow was given to me via birthday party ^^

Blue was swapped for a few of my yugioh cards xD

Silver was bought just because I hadnt asked for anything ina while

Crystal was another pawnshop find

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Ennokni

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:29 pm
Cattra Nightblade
~Xiloscent~

it doesnt, as far as i know, but it gives you an infinite # of one item if you do it right
the trick is basically messing with hex code, just like the catch a mew trick,

something in the hex code triggers to give your 6th item slot 255 of that item, but it'll have tiles from the map instead since there is technically no 100 or 255. the mew trick does a similar thing but it takes SKILL to pull it off, you really have to pay attention when doing it, and its how i caught mine.

Agree'd, you also have to know the tricks, like the hold select button menu glitch. I saved my friends game when his pokemon had 1 hp right in front of someone.. it was lulzy. But yes, in the original pokemon game didn't the pokemon gen have something to do with the SP Def. Of the last pokemon you defeated or something like that, then they take that and the area your in or something like that.

I think it's that every Pokemon has a certain Hexidecimal value, and when you fly away from this one trainer before he fights you, the next Pokemon you find in the wild is whatever one's value matches the Sp. Def (or whatever stat) of the last Pokemon you fought. There's one trainer that's optional to fight, and I guess his last pokemon's Sp. Def. equals Mew's value. That's what I remember, though I may be talking about something else.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:12 pm
Ennokni
Cattra Nightblade
~Xiloscent~

it doesnt, as far as i know, but it gives you an infinite # of one item if you do it right

something in the hex code triggers to give your 6th item slot 255 of that item, but it'll have tiles from the map instead since there is technically no 100 or 255. the mew trick does a similar thing but it takes SKILL to pull it off, you really have to pay attention when doing it, and its how i caught mine.

Agree'd, you also have to know the tricks, like the hold select button menu glitch. I saved my friends game when his pokemon had 1 hp right in front of someone.. it was lulzy. But yes, in the original pokemon game didn't the pokemon gen have something to do with the SP Def. Of the last pokemon you defeated or something like that, then they take that and the area your in or something like that.

I think it's that every Pokemon has a certain Hexidecimal value, and when you fly away from this one trainer before he fights you, the next Pokemon you find in the wild is whatever one's value matches the Sp. Def (or whatever stat) of the last Pokemon you fought. There's one trainer that's optional to fight, and I guess his last pokemon's Sp. Def. equals Mew's value. That's what I remember, though I may be talking about something else.

Sounds legitimate, It was a trainer with a slowpoke on the way to bill's house ^^  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:06 pm
Pokemon Blue was my first video game in like 1996.

Pokemon Yellow was, is, and will be the best handheld game of all time.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:29 am
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Ennokni
Cattra Nightblade
~Xiloscent~

Sounds legitimate, It was a trainer with a slowpoke on the way to bill's house ^^

http://www.trsrockin.com/missingno4.html

My source for Missingno stuffs. ;3  

RoseSpirit

5,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:40 am
Meta_Fish
How is an RPG easy or hard? >_> If you can't beat something, go grind.
OBJECTION!

No. Just no. Go play the Lufia games and tell me all RPGs have the same difficulty just because you can level up as much or as little as you want. neutral Even Final Fantasy X-2, one of the worst RPGs I've played, has lots of enemies and bosses you can't beat just by being max level, not to mention puzzles, mazes (I'm looking at you Quest 64 mad ), minigames, and sidequests that your level can't help you with at all. Why don't you play a few more RPGs so you actually know what you're talking about before you knock the whole genre?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:11 pm
Good games, fun glitches. They're ********' neverending : D  

String Bassist

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:08 pm
Right now, I'm having a great time playing my Pokemon Yellow. I beat it many times, but I'm currently trying to get the best file possible. Catch all Pokemon, own all forms, and have an awesome party with items and stuff.

So far, my party in Yellow is:

Pikachu lv. 100
Venusaur lv. 71
Charizard lv. 71
Blastoise lv. 71
Articuno lv. 70 (I might switch in a Dragonite here)
Mew lv. 41  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:19 am
One thing I can definitely say about R/B/Y to now is the nostalgia.

Note how they NEVER changed the original sounds for any of the R/B/Y Pokemon.

Y'know I noticed that that Ryhorn and Charizard had the EXACT same sound.

One thing that did stump me was how some of them looked in Red and Blue.

Koffing's skull marking was OVER it's eyes instead of under it.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Parkent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:31 pm
months man, course I got it the week after it came out, and I was 10(?) I think  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:34 pm
it took me weeks but then i wasnt extremely obsessed XD i was like 7 tho >.o
damn i only played red and yellow, but one day i'll playy blue! >o<  

gerardway004

The Green Contort

Hygienic Receiver

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:45 pm
I'm still playing Pokemon Red. User Image