Reply Chatterbox/Humor
What say you, GGE? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maelthra Reloaded

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:30 pm
I live in the sticks. Its only about 69.9 in the city.

I'm about 150 miles from the nearest town, so everything is ******** expensive here.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:52 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Maelthra Reloaded
Fresnel
Maelthra Reloaded
$0.749 a Liter.
USD or Canadian?

Liter? xd Canuckian dollarz.
2.32 USD/gallon? Holy balls, man.

Remember when we were paying that?
Dude, I remember when the expensive station hit 4.99-9. That was the day it peaked, actually.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:13 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Maelthra Reloaded
Fresnel
Maelthra Reloaded
$0.749 a Liter.
USD or Canadian?

Dude, I remember when the expensive station hit 4.99-9. That was the day it peaked, actually.

We had like what? $5-6 for Diesel?

I think I saw some stations with $5 gas... I think.
OR at least it was close to it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:03 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Maelthra Reloaded

That was for regular unleaded. Diesel is always about 20 cents/gallon more expensive here.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Barru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:09 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Maelthra Reloaded

That was for regular unleaded. Diesel is always about 20 cents/gallon more expensive here.

Ah ok.
When gas was really high, diesel around here was $1-2 more.
stare

I really want to see their reasoning for that.
It takes less work because it's not so refined, is it just because it's of more demand? It has higher MPGs?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:11 pm
Barru
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Ah ok.
When gas was really high, diesel around here was $1-2 more.
stare

I really want to see their reasoning for that.
It takes less work because it's not so refined, is it just because it's of more demand? It has higher MPGs?
I think it has to do with the amount of refining necessary to get the new 'low sulfur' diesel.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Maelthra Reloaded

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:17 pm
Ultra Low sulfur diesel is garbage.

"New" Diesel trucks get s**t mileage. My 04 Dodge 3500 work truck with 135,000km on it gets about 18mph, my 07 Dodge 3500 work truck only gets 11mpg.

Diesel is more expensive because someone who distributes it is a fricken moron, and there is a huge demand for it due to the amount of Semi trucks on the road, equipment, and now 1-ton trucks.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:47 pm
Maelthra Reloaded

"New" Diesel trucks get s**t mileage. My 04 Dodge 3500 work truck with 135,000km on it gets about 18mph, my 07 Dodge 3500 work truck only gets 11mpg.

Diesel is more expensive because someone who distributes it is a fricken moron, and there is a huge demand for it due to the amount of Semi trucks on the road, equipment, and now 1-ton trucks.

It's probably all of the environmental s**t they crammed into and glued onto the motor.

Low sulfur? Wtf.
First it's lead, and now it's ******** sulfur.
Later on they'll all want us to use ******** vegetable oil and old frying grease.

You know, I heard some truckers say that the reason why diesel is so high is because of Diesel cars hitting the market.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:33 pm
Maelthra Reloaded

Au contraire. It's a stroke of genius to get the entire shipping industry hooked on your product, and then jack up the price once it's too late to change everything.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:05 pm
Fresnel
Maelthra Reloaded

Au contraire. It's a stroke of genius to get the entire shipping industry hooked on your product, and then jack up the price once it's too late to change everything.

Hmm,
I know something that could solve that!
... but I wont do it.
Where's Master Chief when you need him?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

OberFeldwebel

Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces