Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hanging around in graveyards:
  Stereo-typical
  Nice
View Results

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:57 am
I never really hung out in graveyards. It's fine to visit one and just stay there for awhile because of the quiet and peaceful atmosphere. To disrespect the dead isn't a good thing though. As long as no one is harming anything, I don't think it should matter why one is there.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:06 pm
Seeing as I don't respect the dead because they aren't around to care, and as I have no sanctity for life because we're all here out of random circumstance...

Yes, I go to graveyards. Yes, I play Industrial music out of a stereo as I smoke my krektek, and yes, I go there with friends.

It's probably the most stereotypically "goth" thing I do. XD

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

the_underworks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:34 pm
Personally I find the idea of goths spending time in a graveyard very stereotypical.
Although I can not deny it is a very nice and calm place to be; no noise, no chavs, half the time there is a nice place like an alter or something like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:22 pm
Hm. Maybe it's a little bit of both.  

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comrade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:04 pm
oh so Extravagant...

I enjoy cemeteries.
And it's not me trying to fit some goth stereotype either
I've always like a good graveyard, even before I started to identify myself with goth culture.
Me and my mom used to go to them all the time and look at all the different stones and stuff.

User Image
My Art Request Thread

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:56 pm
Eh, cemeteries are too sad for me... they bring back bad memories. Every time I go by a cemetery in a car or something, I immediately look away... neutral  

Twisted Maggot

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:04 pm
I personally like graveyards because of the statuary. I love going into graveyards and taking photographs. Some of them I'm rather proud of.
Maybe it's a little stereotypical, but I feel the best thing to do with a stereotype is to completely ignore it. I've always felt not doing something you like because it would effect your image is pretty much the same thing as trying to be more of a stereotypical then you really are.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:18 pm
I actually used to skulk around in graveyards until one of my friends decided it would be funny if he started digging up a grave with a funny name entitled to it. He dug like 2 feet deep and found a dead baby in a bag.  

the_underworks

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:52 pm
The other day I drove a friend and myself to a graveyard entrance wanting to go for a walk in one of the only truely quiet and pretty places in the suburbs where we live. We parked and got out of the car and walked to a gate where there was a sign "trespassers will be prosecuted." we turned around got in the car and went home. I'm laughing about it now because that's never stopped me before, but what can you say, we've all been trained very well by our brainwashing educational system. "Obey or be eradicated!"
*sigh*
It was only 9pm too. haha  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:00 pm
As an add-on, last night I walked out into a graveyard with my boyfriend.
This was a HUGE graveyard. Easily a mile across if not more.

And we stumbled upon this large section of nothing but the graves of small children and babies. The space between the graves was like nothing. You could hardly walk between them, much less over the graves in that space.

There were easily 500 graves there, in that little section. I've never been near so many babies, dead or alive. It wasn't depressing, but it was surprising how many there were.

On the other hand, my boyfriend got the most beautiful picture of a statue of a weeping angel. It's an angel throwing herself over a grave clutching onto it in sorrow. The craftsmanship on it is stunning.

And then we found the oldest segment of the graveyard, with graves from the 1800's and whatnot. There was an old brick-built catholic church near it, and we left soon after because there was a man outside it and we didn't want to risk being caught in there at 2 in the morning.

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

AbsintheGorgon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:34 pm
the_underworks
I actually used to skulk around in graveyards until one of my friends decided it would be funny if he started digging up a grave with a funny name entitled to it. He dug like 2 feet deep and found a dead baby in a bag.

That sounds like way to much work for not a whole lot of funny. The soil here is terible so it would take a good long while to dig 2 ft.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:17 pm
the_underworks

crying  

Twisted Maggot

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:46 pm
the_underworks
Yah that's not cool.... confused  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:17 pm
I like to roam around and look at tombstones. My fave graveyard is one that my Grandma is buried in. It's way out in the country next to a field and alot of my family and friends are buried there. There's weeping willows and oak trees with spanish moss. The graveyard is so old there's Confederate soldiers buried out there. I've been there just after sunset before, very peaceful. Too there's some graves were people have left momentos to their loved ones and since it's out in the country people don't steal stuff from the graves which is rare.  

Obeydontstray

1,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:53 pm
the_underworks
There is nothing morally right in this story.
Hiding bodies in other people's graves, randomly digging up graves, dead babies in bags... yeah.
Deadgirl, people steal stuff from graves in the city?! Yet another reason I never intend to leave this town.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff