Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Most annoying things to happen in the Sims. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noembelu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:42 am
Also, I hate it when you send a child to school with a FULL fun motive, and they come home with an EMPTY fun motive.

It's even more frustrating when they have homework to do.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:55 pm
Sim friends walking into the house uninvitied, at weird hours. I had to lock the door to "only household" Because it was happening EVERY night. And now when I do invite people over I have to unlock the door or they can't get in.

Also There is this one sim that comes by all the time and get in our hot tub....I'll hear like bubbles while the house sleeps so i look in the back yard and theres that sim chilling in my hot tub.  

Eienchi

LinkGirl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:23 pm
Certain glitches. Some glitches are hilarious, but some are super annoying; like in the base game, I encountered a glitch that caused my sims to spontaneously combust when cooking (without the oven catching on fire, they were the only thing to burn) . . . although that was still pretty funny the first time. sweatdrop (And then there's the teddy bear glitch, that's just plain weird.)
The Random Pregnancy Death Syndrome was super annoying as well, that is until I installed Deluxe (thank god for patches).

As far as game play goes, the most annoying thing is when sims take the long way to get somewhere when there's a much shorter way to get there.

Oh, and when guests at parties take food out of the fridge instead of off the buffet. (SUPER ANNOYING.)

Aaaand, when sims won't go to the dinner table just because it's in a different room than the kitchen or outside, instead they stand in the kitchen and eat. (I used to have this happen to me, I think it was fixed in an expansion pack.)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:55 pm
LinkGirl
(And then there's the teddy bear glitch, that's just plain weird.)

When I first encountered the teddy bear glitch, I was a bit confused.

Like, I had the child pick up the bear, then set it down somewhere, but it disappeared. I spent nearly an hour trying to find it.

Also, whenever I buy a teddy bear and choose the "worn-out" recolor (where it's missing an eye, and the fur is dirty), the bear always resets whenever I exit the house and re-enter it.

It never happens with other (downloadable) recolors I have.  

Noembelu

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:05 am
The 'worn out' recolour seems to be missing from my game. I can't remember when it disappeared but I think it was when I installed AL or M&G.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:23 am
When sims take the super long way from one room to another, instead of going through the door thats right next to them!
D:  

SweetYNiamh

xXD o l l i______exe oO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:43 pm
1. When my neighbors come and leave pewp on my porch and light it on fire. that rEALLY pushes my buton..and after they do...hohohooh...they get it! >:O

2. when i make a new family and theya re siblings and/or rommies and wont go into the same bathroom...like...if i ahd a teen. and the mom was in the BR and my teen eneded to do his/her business they wont go in..im like...~_~

so yeah. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:43 pm
I hate how I no longer have the "Apple of my Eye" sculpture anymore. It got overwritten when I downloaded a bad item at MS2. cry  

Noembelu

Lilygwen

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:15 am
Like many others, I hate it when the sims cram up into small corner together and then start to shoo each other because they can't get to no where anymore.

Also I usually create the houses with front and back door and in most of the times the sim uses the back door that is the most furthest away from the front yard, instead of using the front door! stressed It's so frustrating especially if the sim is already little bit late from his lift to the work.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:19 pm
Noembelu
I hate how I no longer have the "Apple of my Eye" sculpture anymore. It got overwritten when I downloaded a bad item at MS2. cry

Well just take out the bad download and you'll get the apple sculpture back. Or is it a case that you like the download too much?  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Chef Tine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:20 pm
When you spend almost 3 hours creating a BEAUTIFUL house... and then the game crashes.. and you forgot to save while building the house. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:29 pm
I hate it when you're on a date and out of nowhere Mrs. Crumplebottom appears and nags non-stop at your sim resulting in a bad date.

Or when the watering machine from OFB breaks down and when you finally notice, the whole yard is flooded. Takes days of cleaning up...

Dame de la Lune Rouge

4,400 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:16 am
I hate the watering glitch too. I also hate when the machine that picks up trash breaks and spews trash everywhere. scream Its soo annoying to pick it all up.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:22 pm
I just get the trash bot to clean up it's own mess after I fix it. The watering bot is annoying though.
I find the Munchie Bot even more annoying when it breaks because my Sims can't clean the dirty plates up that it brings back! I have to use move_objects to get rid of them.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:58 pm
I had that problem too. And whatever squares they were on became transparent :/  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff