ArcticWolf - Kiba
Crew

4,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:41 pm
Syera Miktayee
Did you know that part of your DNA comes from viruses? They are called endogenous retroviruses, and are created when a virus inserts itself into a gamete and mutates in such a way that it is rendered unable to reproduce.

ERVs can help trace our ancestry. If you have an ERV on your DNA in the same spot as someone else, you know that you shared a common ancestor that was affected by a virus thus.

Apes and humans have many ERVs that match up with each other perfectly, and line up with the order which each species is placed on the phylogenetic tree - EG, we have more matches with chimpanzees than gorillas.

(Long-winded, I know. razz )

Wow
o.o

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:00 pm
Did you know that the only people allowed to drive in Germany with alchohal in their system are beer truck drivers because it is customary to taste the product before delivering it?  

Violet Amastacia

Ex Ciel

Supreme Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:25 pm
Did you know that 78% of all statistics are lies?

(I can't remember any good one for the moment crying )  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:37 am
Did you know...

Ever since ancient times, people have pondered why human births are so painful whereas animals don't seem bothered by it at all. The reason is that human babies have exceptionally large heads compared to the babies of other animals. Giving birth to those big braincases hurts.  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

Ish Wicky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:30 am
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Did you know..

that in florida you're not allowed to *f u c k* a porcipine (i think i spelled that wrong ^~^; )

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:53 am
Did you know...

The Great Pyramids are the result of many centuries of trial and error. The earliest 'ancestors' of the pyramids are a type of building known as a ziggurat, which were built by early Mesopotamians. Later, Egyptians experimented with a type of building a called a mastaba, which they eventually refined into the majestic pyramids they are now famous for.

No aliens, no extradimensional beings, just a lot of hard work. wink  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

Guild of Roses

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out