Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
What I would like to see in the next Zelda title Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Zelda Console Game?
  Oot
  Majora's Mask
  Windwaker
  Four Swords
  Twilight Princess
  Other
View Results

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:39 pm
I want to see them take every story idea they've ever had for Zelda, and scrap it. The gameplay can be the same, sure, but I really want to see something completely and absolutely different. Like, I want to see Zelda don some armor and go on an adventure (you know Tetra would be perfect for that) to save Link, who has been possessed by some monster/ghost/wizard/ghost-wizard (or even a return of Veran, she was awesome), so that Link is both the antagonist and the character to be rescued.
~Xiloscent~
Meta_Fish
I want to see Link team up with Ganondorf to fight some ancient, evil race. Anything other than "Zelda has been kidnapped or some s**t by ganon(derf) go save her blah triforce blah blah master sword blah blah blah same themed temples same items blah blah blah." It's been twenty years. Change it the ******** up.
i got one then. kinda goes off on link to the past,

like, some other wizard from his own version of hyrule takes control of ganon and his minions, maybe even someone like vahti again. but all the evidence points to ganon and kidnapped princess, but once you get that far, you learn the truth.

now THAT is a plot twist.

xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:52 pm
one other random thought.

different story arcs.

don't limit where they can go, just give hints of places they should go, and not just like, "oh trouble in the woods go there!"

*tries to leave town another way*

"Link thats the wrong way go to the forest now BISH!"  

Xilo The Odd

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:44 pm
Wantcookie
I want to see them take every story idea they've ever had for Zelda, and scrap it. The gameplay can be the same, sure, but I really want to see something completely and absolutely different. Like, I want to see Zelda don some armor and go on an adventure (you know Tetra would be perfect for that) to save Link, who has been possessed by some monster/ghost/wizard/ghost-wizard (or even a return of Veran, she was awesome), so that Link is both the antagonist and the character to be rescued.

xd
Phillips CD-i??  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:54 pm
@ Tropius003: True, but they had that timer and it was all just one big dungeon that made me feel rushed the whole time I played. I want the ability to use all those items and being able to explore at my own pace cause I'm one of those people who have to check every single corner.  

SylFariun

Distinct Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:09 pm
dragn99
Wantcookie

xd
Phillips CD-i??

Duwhu?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:12 pm
Maybe make a Zelda game that's about Ganon, how he became evil, and that all of his people of the Gerudo are stolen by a man in a gray robe. In the end, it's his FATHER (lol star wars-y plot end) that stole the the Gerudo villagers. In the end, he kills his dad, but the essence of evil is absorbed by Ganon, so he and all of his other reincarnations (next boy in Gerudo) will become pure evil
If that doesn't work, BRING BACK KING HARKINIAN, MORSHU, AND GWONAN!!!! HAVE WE FORGOTTEN SQUADALA? MAH BOI? BOMBS? lulz  

MaverickDrifter

CodyDudeTm

Desirable Fatcat

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Champion 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:20 pm
I want to see the jump ability in Link games, and a lot more of the magic coming back. Din's fire and Nayru's love was cool, but I want to see a lot more magic, rather than a bunch of weapons. He's got a Triforce! He should have power of some sort, maybe some sort of ultimate magic.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:43 am
He did technically get to jump of his own free will in the GB/GBA zelda games...

Though he needed the Roc's Feather/Cape to do so...

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Yin Yun Yang

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:04 am
Allegro
Meta_Fish
Waynebrizzle
Zelda's never really had an enthralling story either, as you pointed out. It does, however, have an interesting world and mythology, which I agree that they should explore/exploit more. Maybe one dating back to when the triforce was first created.
YES there you go! The beginning of the tale.

yeah like how castlevania had a game that explained theorigins of dracula that was

oh wait it sucked

I may be in the minority, but I hate when franchises go back to the beginning to explain s**t.

You know what my ideal Zelda game would have? Some ******** mass combat. I'd love to see a Zelda game where Link started off as some kind of soldier in a war between two countries and then got pulled into something bigger. it could expand on the mythos of Hyrule, offer some refreshing new takes on the formula while still staying close to the tried and true formula, and offer some positively epic battles.
I love Allergro's idea.

Also bring back the masks, Majora's Mask rocked.

Edit: Ooh, I've got it.

Alright, so starting with the war idea. Hyrule and Gerudo, during one of those times when the Gerudo would attack Hyrule to get some males like they mentioned in Ocarina of Time or something. A big war type thing anyways.

And Link is a member of a group sent to scout out an area, which leads them to discovering the enemy doing something in some place, which leads to expansive adventure both during the war so the changing war lines and the battles would be a hazard to go through while traveling. Also bring back the time warping more like Majora's Mask, only more expansive. Going to different points in time throughout the war, save people when they lose in one place by going back in time to help, the war lines would be changing throughout the story because of what you do or the big boss bad guy does in the storyline.

I like this idea quite a bit.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:42 pm
@Meta_Fish: As awesome as the idea of Link and Gannondurk teaming is.... Fish I think most nay Sayers will complain along the lines of "DURR IT'S GOIN THE WAI SUM MAR-E-O GAYMS HAV ALLREDY DONE"

Though I concur the ideal of a more bad a** ancient evil race being the main threat 3nodding

*sudden idea*

perhaps a game with the idea of the races at war over the key to the sacred realm, where the triforce dwells would be sufficient for new story content?

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:49 pm
@Yin
Kinda like Chrono Trigger mixed with the current Zelda style then?

In response to some of the other posts, I do believe that the magic should be brought back, but more as an extra kind of thing. Nothing is worse than getting stuck at a puzzle because you wanted to use your magical items to ******** the random enemies, then having to backtrack looking for some obscure bushes and jars to emasculate, all in the hope that there'll be some magic containers that hopefully give you enough to solve the aforementioned puzzle.
Also: moar epical horse riding plz.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:15 pm
I think one of my favorite parts about Majora's Mask was not, in fact, the masks, but rather the three-day reset. Every time you went back in time, everything you had done was undone. It was a heart-wrenching moment to see Anju and Kaifei finally married seconds before death, and then going back and seeing all your hard matchmaking work undone.
You know what I'd like to see? Despite everyone's misgivings and bitching about remakes, I would honestly like to see a remake of Majora's Mask fitted for the DS, without the same controls as PH. The bottom screen could be a handy map (when you get it), or a screen full of your masks so you don't have to take up space by assigning one to a command slot.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:27 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Moar Gerudos. And Spinner. And Tetra. And Tetra, in gerudo clothes, riding a spinner.

I don't really care what they do, as long as they do it. I love me some Zelda games.

This.

You only got to use the spinner in like...one part of one level. ._.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:31 pm
Akward Turtle
-Zephyrotica-
Moar Gerudos. And Spinner. And Tetra. And Tetra, in gerudo clothes, riding a spinner.

I don't really care what they do, as long as they do it. I love me some Zelda games.

This.

BUT IT WAS THE BEST LEVELLLLLL  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:35 pm
Meta_Fish
Akward Turtle
-Zephyrotica-

This.

BUT IT WAS THE BEST LEVELLLLLL

I stayed in that one kickass room for about five hours, just mastering the Spinner. xd  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff