Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Do the guilds need to be upgraded??? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WHat do you think? Do the guilds need to be upgraded???
  Yes, indeed!
  Upgrades are very much needed!
  I don't know.
  No!!!
  Let the devs decide!
View Results

Virje Blackcross

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:33 pm
I agree with the design and such for the guild. I'd like to see that changed to where we can either along or as a group; personalize our guilds.

I think the actual posting in the guilds could be changed like how the public forums are with a quick reply button as well as the editing features the public forums have.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:22 pm
I don't think so. The current one works fine.  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:54 am
One of the problems is that we can't design our guilds the way we want them. Just like our profiles. I can't believe they didn't think of putting that option on the captains controls.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:03 pm
On guild gold: I'm currently the head of a guild that has an elected leadership that I've trusted before, and will trust in future, so I have no problem with gold being available to the Captain/Vice-captain, as long as withdrawals are kept in a separate log. It would be great to be able to have competitions in the guild, and have the guild be able to donate gold to the winner.

In practice, it isn't different to having a mule account for the guild, except that donating to it doesn't require going through the annoying offer trade-verify trade-accept trade-accept trade nonsense, and is as simple as it currently is.

However, this is the real reason for the necro:

Why do guilds currently have different coding to the main forums? It is extremely frustrating to be able to have elaborately bbcoded posts in the forums, but I cant do something as simple as have an in-post sig with coloured text and a different colour underline. Also extremely annoying is that in forums I can make a quote without a name and it comes up simply as a box with no quote label. In guilds, however...
See, it's broken

So yeah, how come the guilds and forums are run on obviously different coding? In my view, that is the most urgent thing to fix, and while I'm pretty ignorant of these things, it seems like one of the easiest things to do.
Gracchvs

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:07 am
Gracchia -

That's something I've wondered for a long time and a point I frequently raise over in the Site Feedback, there's no point at all in updating the guilds until the code that supports them is up to spec with the rest of the site.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff