Submit

Have you Read Midnight Sun?
  Yes. It was amazin.
  No.
  HUH? Another BOOK?!?!
View Results

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:19 pm
So I finally bit the bullet and went and read Midnight Sun. And let me say this, I finished it feeling extremely disturbed and knew that I'd never buy it because it was seriously not worth the money. When I first read Twilight, I actually thought Edward was just watching Bella from OUTSIDE her bedroom window, I didn't think he was actually in the room with her... That was even more disturbing then what I originally thought was the truth.

What he did was illegal: It's called breaking and entering. There's nothing romantic about that at all. That stalking I could put up with, somewhat, because I could kind of understand where he was coming from. But seriously, it just convinced me that Meyer has a really ******** up idea of what she thinks 'romance' is.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:24 pm
Twilight Scribe
So I finally bit the bullet and went and read Midnight Sun. And let me say this, I finished it feeling extremely disturbed and knew that I'd never buy it because it was seriously not worth the money. When I first read Twilight, I actually thought Edward was just watching Bella from OUTSIDE her bedroom window, I didn't think he was actually in the room with her... That was even more disturbing then what I originally thought was the truth.

What he did was illegal: It's called breaking and entering. There's nothing romantic about that at all. That stalking I could put up with, somewhat, because I could kind of understand where he was coming from. But seriously, it just convinced me that Meyer has a really ******** up idea of what she thinks 'romance' is.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Jellycones

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:51 am
Jellycones
Twilight Scribe

You have just made my day. Seriously.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:30 am
Twilight Scribe
Jellycones
Twilight Scribe

haha, I'm glad! I saved that picture months ago, and when I read your post I immediately was reminded of that picture so I felt I had to share!  

Jellycones

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:06 pm
Jellycones
Twilight Scribe
Jellycones
Twilight Scribe

haha, I'm glad! I saved that picture months ago, and when I read your post I immediately was reminded of that picture so I felt I had to share!
It's very true. Unfortunately, all the Twitards over at the discussion thread fail to realize it. It's hilariously funny to see them attempt to defend the series, because well, their arguments suck and they can't type properly either. They fail at the English language.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:53 am
Twilight Scribe
Jellycones
Twilight Scribe
Jellycones
Twilight Scribe

It's very true. Unfortunately, all the Twitards over at the discussion thread fail to realize it. It's hilariously funny to see them attempt to defend the series, because well, their arguments suck and they can't type properly either. They fail at the English language.
I love the series and when I first read Twilight I didn't realize how creepy it was. Once I read Midnight Sun, I then realized it. Especially once he told Bella, and all she worried about was what she said in her sleep, LOL. I'd feel freaking violated if I found out someone broke into my bedroom and watched me sleep. I would probably get a restraining order....but hey, that's just ME! haha.  

Jellycones

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:11 am
Twilight Scribe
Jellycones
Twilight Scribe
I haven't read Midnight Sun, cause I quit caring about the series after the crap that she poured out and called a novel. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, you might want to deal with the ice pick lodged in your skull.

Seriously, I DO NOT CARE. The series got to be too big, the fans can be a huge pain, and just generally the characters have annoyed me to no end. Though, that last point only really applies to Bella, because she is a slut and a Mary-Sue all bundled up into one package. The fact that Edward sort-of stalked her doesn't help the matter.

I still don't get how anyone could think that they could fall in love with a person who is basically a cardboard cut-out.

haha! if you don't care, then why are you even bothering posting in here?if you don't like the novel, that's your own opinion. you don't have to put down the people who actually thoroughly enjoyed the series. everybody know's how big twilight's fanbase got, but to me, that doesn't change the material in the book; it's still the same it was when if first came out years ago.

I like the series, or at least, I like the concept. And the books got too big and then Meyer decided that copping out and stealing ideas from shitty fanfictions was a good idea and then published a novel that was crap.

Oh, and I posted because it's a free-country, and this topic is asking for your opinion on Midnight Sun, and I just happened to give mine. Just because you don't agree with it, does not give you the right to say that I put people down, but even some people have to agree that Dawning Crap wasn't that good.

And lastly, if you really want to debate with me on the finer points of things in the series, then try using your 'fine English literary skills' to type out your arguments properly.

And the bigger the fandom, the more pressure there is on the author/creator to give the fans what they want instead of what they had originally planned.

Personally the only REAL thing about BD I liked was the OCs (especially Garrett because he is the bomb) but the rest put me to sleep and grossed me the heck out at the same time.

As for MS I suspected he was in the room when I read Twilight so I wasn't too shocked. Am I OK with that? No I am not. It IS interesting to see the darker non-rose-colored-glasses view of Edward. Besides for Bella being "observant" she missed a lot.

Oh and might I suggest reading the MS recaps here:

http://cleoland.pbworks.com/Twilight#BreakingDawn

She has a very critical SANE view. And a good sense of humor. You should read her Eclipse one it is the best in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:16 am
He's a vampire, creepy is sort of his thing.

Besides, stalking is hot if done by someone you have a crush on heart  

Phoenixliv

9,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:06 pm
Phoenixliv

Stalking is never attractive, not even when it's by someone who is considered 'hot'.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:55 pm
Twilight Scribe
Phoenixliv

Stalking is never attractive, not even when it's by someone who is considered 'hot'.

agreed, stalking is NOT good in any way. it means that there's something wrong with the person who is stalking you. gonk  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:57 pm
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
Twilight Scribe
Phoenixliv

agreed, stalking is NOT good in any way. it means that there's something wrong with the person who is stalking you. gonk
Precisely.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:13 pm
I read the first 12 chapters. Thats the only ones I heard she put on her website. But she finished Midnight Sun. Its just that the other chapters arent available. Probably never will be though. Thats ok...I have some good friends at Fanfiction.com that help me out with my fix!  

[My-Space-Is-Full]

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:23 pm
I don't bother with Midnight Sun (and please don't abbreviate to MS, there is a disease that goes by that, and it's really confusing for me), but I do really like Twilight fanfiction. As evidenced by the fact that I write it.

Right now I'm working on a piece that focuses a lot on the Volturi, because I feel that they had a lot of potential to be dynamic, not exactly villains, characters who could be sympathized with or just out-right reviled. Jane is unstable and prone to sadistic outbursts and is often on a power trip. As for Aro? He's a manipulative person who is willing to do whatever it takes to get what it is he wants.

Ah, I am regaining my brain cells right now through some truly excellent writing in a TV show. biggrin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:03 pm
I personally refuse to read Midnight Sun unless she decides she will publish it. If she doesn't publish it, ho9pefully theres a story time with Stephenie Meyer in the afterlife lol.  

SecksFayce

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:52 pm
SecksFayce
I personally refuse to read Midnight Sun unless she decides she will publish it. If she doesn't publish it, ho9pefully theres a story time with Stephenie Meyer in the afterlife lol.
If there is, I will be the first person to thwack her upside the head and then chuck her out of wherever it is that she winds up. She can go occupy a cave.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff