Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:15 pm
Americans are silly and generally don't know jack squat about Canada. I once jokingly said we had polar bear crossings up here and one friend became very concerned. xd

Another time I was asked if Canadians celebrated Halloween in September because we have Thanksgiving in October and for some reason Halloween [has] to be before Thanksgiving.

It's also very amazing how many people will believe you when you say you live in an iglo and have a pet penguin. lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:15 am
Daiku Maryu
Dazzler
I normally make a fool of myself as i'm horrible at remember names, dates, spellings and other important stuff but I can happly say I'm not as dumb as one girl in my class.
She thought New York was in Europe. sweatdrop Even worst was she asked this as we were flying to New York for an end of Year Trip.

The same girl then asked why the clocks in New York all have a different time from the watch on her wrist. It was still set to England time. sweatdrop

She deserves cookies. Simply for being ultra-dumb.

I know. She really let the english side down. sweatdrop

Although I'm quite lucky. I haven't been asked any weird questions about living in England yet...wait I once got told I spelled 'Colour' wrong. I pointed out I have spelled it the UK English way and was told to spell things the American way since I was on an American site.

P.S- I love your siggie Soppon!!!!! heart  

Dazzler

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:05 pm
*snorts* I get told I spell things the wrong way aaaaaaalllllll the time. x.x I hate spelling things the American way. colour and words such as that look naked without the u. And I hate writing the letter z. Plus people always mistook it for the number 2. gonk Thus wy I started to "ise" my words in like grade 9. Plus it's fun to screw with people's minds.

In Canada we're supposed to use English spellings, anyway. But everyone are lazy bums and use the American ones. The one that really irks me is 'nite'. Though aluminium looks odd without the second i...

I love my sig too. whee Random sig for the win!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:28 pm
Soppon
Though aluminium looks odd without the second i...

Tell me about it. I didn't know it was even said that way, and then I bought it up in a convo with Ja and SHE didn't know that most of the world says it as "Aluminium". It's such a strange things.

I want rando-sig! Will you tell me how, pease?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Orionis Rigel

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:10 pm
Ooo! spelling 'sulphur' as 'sulfur' bugs me too. Every time I see it written as sulfur sulfur I think it looks absolutely wrong. xp Lazy American spellings. mad  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:23 am
o.o

They don't spell it sulphur?  

Orionis Rigel

Daiku Maryu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:30 am
Try not having English as your first language. All the different pellings are really, really confusing and I end up writing in some kind of a mix between American and British English.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:17 am
okay then ^^;;;  

Tali_Procrastinater

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:12 pm
Yes, isn't that horrid, Jess?

Ugh, the spellings tet me too. Sometimes I just give up on them and arrange the letters in a way that makes sense. Thus sometimes my spellings get strange. I'm glad English is my first language since I'd hate to learn it as a second language.

My beta reader is American. She keeps correcting words and I get confused.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:54 pm
Daiku Maryu
Try not having English as your first language. All the different pellings are really, really confusing and I end up writing in some kind of a mix between American and British English.

English is my first language and it still confused the hell out of me. sweatdrop

You would believe the times I've been told I spell something the American way without even knowing.  

Dazzler

Daiku Maryu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:35 am
Dazzler
Daiku Maryu

English is my first language and it still confused the hell out of me. sweatdrop

You would believe the times I've been told I spell something the American way without even knowing.

The worst part is the accent. I learned to speak English with a relatively good American accent, because that's what I heard on TV and then I want to study and had to learn how to pronounce words all over again.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:36 pm
Oh, I know that pain, Daiku. I learned french with European pronounciation. I can't understand Quebecois French worth anything. Plus they have theirs so full of English that it's just atrocious. D: Reading it I'm better off, but it's still strange. Then again, a lot of Quebecers speak English so I'll be fine if I ever venture into Quebec.  

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

Daiku Maryu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:46 pm
Soppon
Oh, I know that pain, Daiku. I learned french with European pronounciation. I can't understand Quebecois French worth anything. Plus they have theirs so full of English that it's just atrocious. D: Reading it I'm better off, but it's still strange. Then again, a lot of Quebecers speak English so I'll be fine if I ever venture into Quebec.

French and German "r" kills. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:53 pm
Marimari
I don't get Kai/Hilary pairings.... when they first meet, they're like, grrr, I don't trust you.
And Kai doesn't seem to be that type, either.

yeah I dont like that pairing I think it's the worst I mean Hiromi isnt even Kai's type I mean he's quiet and she's so annoying whee  

Fukubi

Mrs.BonJovi

33,325 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:35 pm
[Mourir]
Gya XD I wish I had more time to dedicate to this guild ;.;

It amazes me whenever I read a fic where Rei thinks that Mao is "the pink b***h" or "evil bubblegum monster" or some other terrible name.

Because, you know, it's so obvious in the show that Rei hates her guts.

Apparently most people are not aware that Rei is a kind and loving person and is like best friends with Mao.

I also saw a TyKa fic where Kai and Rei hated each other's guts... which also doesn't make sense because Kai gets on well with Rei and vice versa.

Bah. T'is impudence.

I think the reason why people write stuff like that is cause it's part of their fantasy & they don't agree with the show. Or they just wanna mess around & see what would've happened if such & such were friends & so-on. Some people just can't face the facts  
Beyblade Association

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff