Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
psychic vampires Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

so what do you think about psychic vampires?
  real
  scam
View Results

DemoniaFairy

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:11 am
Ever heard of kirlian photography? i wonder if it really is possible to capture somebody's aura on film... anyways I heard about it when I was watching a special on the History Channel about Psychic Vamps.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:06 pm
RubyLight
I'd like to hear your theories. (I'm a scientist at heart. whee ) How do you propose someone becomes a vampire?

xp
It isn't my theories.
Its what I read.
But its like anything you learn.
We aren't talking about blood-suckers here.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:13 pm
DemoniaFairy
Ever heard of kirlian photography? i wonder if it really is possible to capture somebody's aura on film... anyways I heard about it when I was watching a special on the History Channel about Psychic Vamps.

Yea, I forget where i read it but way back when there was this guy, and he hooked people up to electricity currents and took pictures of them to get aura photographs or something.
what's his name... Nikola Tesla i think. the tesla coil dude.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:12 pm
RubyLight wrote:
Quote:
What makes you consider youseld a psychic vampire? Do you actually want to take people's energy? Or do you classify it as a need? If it's a "need" how so?
It's not necessarily a new found way of life. It's either a "condition" or an attempt at attention whoring. Also, do you ask these people that you take energy from? There are serious ethical issues here.

Well, I don't exactly 'want' to take people's energy. I've found that it's a need for me because I feel weak, tired, and cold if I don't. I've had tests done by doctors to make sure I wasn't sick. Since I'm not, my only other conclusion was that I'm a psychic vampire.  

Mycah337

havenne17

Distinct Gekko

12,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:46 pm
If I might venture an opinion on this subject:
I do believe that there is some sort of energy exchange, whether willing or not, that can occur between people. I also believe that it can be shielded against but that has its own side effects.
I find myself particularly susceptible to people who take the energy of others, whether they know that they are doing this or not, because I am a tarot reader and thus am open to 'seeing.' The openness leaves me somewhat unprotected, I think.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:50 pm
ReapersGal13
RubyLight wrote:
Quote:
What makes you consider youseld a psychic vampire? Do you actually want to take people's energy? Or do you classify it as a need? If it's a "need" how so?
It's not necessarily a new found way of life. It's either a "condition" or an attempt at attention whoring. Also, do you ask these people that you take energy from? There are serious ethical issues here.

Well, I don't exactly 'want' to take people's energy. I've found that it's a need for me because I feel weak, tired, and cold if I don't. I've had tests done by doctors to make sure I wasn't sick. Since I'm not, my only other conclusion was that I'm a psychic vampire.

If you lack energy in this manner, for whatever reason, have you considered trying grounding? After all, it's designed to address that sort of energy issue.

My personal experience has been that a lot of "psychic vampires" are people who, in some fashion, have developed an addiction to pranic energy from other living beings. You may not actually be lacking energy - rather, you are simply feeling withdrawal when you don't have access to others.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

RubyLight

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:56 pm
havenne17
If I might venture an opinion on this subject:
I do believe that there is some sort of energy exchange, whether willing or not, that can occur between people. I also believe that it can be shielded against but that has its own side effects.
I find myself particularly susceptible to people who take the energy of others, whether they know that they are doing this or not, because I am a tarot reader and thus am open to 'seeing.' The openness leaves me somewhat unprotected, I think.

You should shield yourself mores strongly when you are reading people. What sort of side effects do you get from shielding?  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:09 pm
RubyLight
havenne17
I also believe that it can be shielded against but that has its own side effects.

You should shield yourself mores strongly when you are reading people. What sort of side effects do you get from shielding?

I have found that reading/divination doesn't work so well for me if I shield strongly enough to be completely safe. I'm specifically referring to people I don't know, don't have any other connection to. It may be something that only pertains to me and the way I approach divination - other people may use a different route to reading and won't have the same effect I do.  

havenne17

Distinct Gekko

12,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Partygoer 500

RubyLight

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:40 pm
That's interesting. What type of shielding techniques do you use? Are you conciously shielding while reading?  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:03 pm
RubyLight
That's interesting. What type of shielding techniques do you use? Are you conciously shielding while reading?

Actually, when reading I am deliberately leaving myself open. It is like sitting in a room with many sides and many doors. If I know the person, I can accurately choose the door to open. If I don't know the person I need to leave many more of the doors open and thus I am a bit more vulnerable. I can firmly shut all the doors and completely block another reader, for example.

My approach to reading, apart from the above metaphor, is more one of tapping into a web of threads, threads that connect all of us to all else of creation, past present and future. You can choose the tune to begin with. Tapping into the threads helps me deal with other people in walking life, too, and my normal shielding is actually choosing not to pick up threads.

Does that make sense?  

havenne17

Distinct Gekko

12,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Partygoer 500

RubyLight

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:16 pm
Yes, that makes perfect sense. Have you ever considered basic energy shielding? It gives you protection without interfering with your ability to read people.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:21 pm
I'm not sure what you would call what I do. In everyday situations I can exert 'positive pressure' to shield. Works well but I need to set it in place (it doesn't come naturally) and I get the impression that I am then exerting influence on other people, which may be useful but I suspect it is intrusive.

Another everyday 'shield' uses a talisman, which I almost always have with me. Most of the time no extra invocation is needed.

When I have read tarot for compensation I really like to set up my space carefully - you're shielding out other readers, clients, the whole rest of the festival. Protecting myself from clients, though, I'm relying on a different strategy and distracting them, gently steering their concentration onto the cards, the candle, the stones laid out. Most clients are fine but I have met massive projectors and, on the other hand, I have met people who are very closed. You must adjust in order to divine for them.  

havenne17

Distinct Gekko

12,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Partygoer 500

RubyLight

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:02 pm
Directing the energies of others? I've never heard of that method. If it works though, by all means go with it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:16 pm
RubyLight
Directing the energies of others? I've never heard of that method. If it works though, by all means go with it. 3nodding

I can't speak to all group dynamics but there is a certain amount of energy 'directing' that goes on in circles so what I do is sort of an outgrowth of working with a group. I'll admit to limited specific training in shielding/energy/interaction but I have tried applying what I've learned informally.

Not perfect but I keep practicing.  

havenne17

Distinct Gekko

12,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Partygoer 500

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:25 pm
I've heard about Vampires in books and movies, but, I didn't know thats what they really did.
Sounds like they are thieves in a more understandable way to me.
Doesn't sound like a lot I would like to be around.

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games