Submit

Do you hate Harry Potter?
  no
View Results

New-Mama924

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:26 pm
white_tiger768
Darkness Fairie
Okay I am an uber christian. I practice my faith, pray, and read the bible. I try to read or think of at least one thing out of the scriptures a day. Guess what? I am not only a proud Jesus Freak as people may label me, but a Harry Potter fan. My religion plays a major role in my life, but although Harry Potter may have some things deemed satanic, the children that are allowed to read this book should be smart enough to realize that this is all just make believe, am I right? I don't think they are going to allow little 1st or 2nd graders to read this book. At such a young age they don't have the attention span to read such a long novel, but they also will not necessarily understand the book because of the hard language and use of spells that the child may have trouble differing from other words. The child(ren) reading this book should be at the least a 4th grader, but be very well adapt to comprehending materails that are deemed to be fantasy, and seperating the fantasy from reality. All in all Harry Potter is about a boy who survived death and is on a journey trying to find his way through life and realizing his true place. It does revolve around his studies of magic, but other books also hold magic and make-believe why aren't those books being made into a controversy? For those of you who say this is a satanic book then why won't you actually read it? I know of people who hate it just because of what others have told them. They don't actually know the story, nor its morals. This is my own personal opinion, not that of anyone else. If you have any problem with it feel free to contact me!
i am too. I heart Jesus and HP! It's too bad some people won't let their kids even watch or read HP. it sux! i mean like it's just a book/ movie. u souldn't really care and then maybe someday they'll forget about it and move on but i can tell u i'm not planning on doing that!
I agree! Same here! hey you can read and watch and you dont have to belive it either just enjoy the fantsy!!! I love Readign adn watchign and talking about all of these thigns!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:28 pm
Melilazngurl
I am a christian but I feel bad when some of my christian friends talk bad about it and I'm like whats so bad about it. They say it totally against what GOD said like don't believe in witchcraft. Whenever I think about it I think am I a bad Christian?? I really hope I'm not. I mean its not like I'm breaking any of the 10 commandments, right?? I love GOD but I also love Harry Potter.
I agree and my mom does that too me! But hey just don't believe the magic and see allthe good thigns in the movies of how good friendship can be and learning is good! haha and sticking with your friends through and through! (and see the hotties!) >.<  

New-Mama924

New-Mama924

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:30 pm
Lafaera
I've grown up in a Christian home and I go to church. I don't pray and read the Bible as often as I should, but I'm a Christian. I'm also a very big Harry Potter fan. Sometimes people are just too uptight about what is proper and not.
Same here...i try to go to church alot but there are times my mom wont get up so we can go....And i can't drive yet!!!! *cries*.....  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:35 pm
Griselda Banks
I am (like all of you here) a Christian and a Harry Potter freak. I think everyone who thinks Harry Potter is satanic should just read the books with an open mind and see how it actually points to many truths. I mean, J.K. Rowling supposedly said she's a Christian, or at least goes to church, and there's all sorts of stuff that overflows into her books. Such as Lily giving up her life for her son, or Harry's greatest strength being that of love. And all the values (well, at least all the ones I can see) that are put forward as good are just that - good. Friendship and loyalty and bravery and such. It's just like any other fantasy story where they use magic. I mean, even Tolkien and Lewis, the two most well-known Christian fantasy authors, used magic, and quite prominently. I think the main reason people are screaming at Harry Potter is because the female wizards are actually called witches. As such, they immediately think of all those verses where witchcraft is abolished. But really, it's not teaching people to use REAL witchcraft. I mean, if you got a foot-long stick and said, "Wingardium Leviosa!" nothing would happen. And only a complete dork would actually believe that was possible, anyway. It's rather like Dungeons and Dragons. It's not evil in and of itself; as long as you take it all in stride and realize that it's just a whimsical little fiction, no harm is done. And some people might even get to thinking about things such as death and how to cope with it, and it might help them. I dunno *shrugs*
oh yeah you go girl!! Thats what i say!! I say all of that too and my mom won't even believe meh....so rude.....  

New-Mama924

Mystery Lady09

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:18 am
I am a firm Christian and a huge Harry Potter fan. I still am. It hasn't brainwashed me in any way so I don't really see the big deal about being against it. So yeah, I still love God and HP~~  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:48 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

ibrahimovic

Lil-Louis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:52 pm
What baffles me is that you are all Christians and find nothing wrong with this book, The question should be why the media is showing these so called christians and giving all of us a bad name. It's a gucking book!! It seem to me that these "christians" that are on tv burning books represent the town villagers centuries ago who stoned witches and lynched black people!! If you are all really christians you would fight these people with intelligence!! These people are giving Christ a bad name, do you really think Jesus has you going to hell for reading a book. If he was going to do that he wouldn't have given us free will to read and write what we wanted to in the first place.

What my point essentially is that we all need to come together and show the media portraying us Christians negatively that it's a book and yes Christians are intelligent enough to read. Because in the end that's what the atheist are getting from those broadcast!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Yep.

If you want a big long explination thingy, ask for it.

Spastic waffles

evil_black_cat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:35 am
I'm a Christian and a HP fan. I don't see any difference between HP and Cinderella, and ost people don't have a prob with Cinderella. I don't see how someone would turn away from Jesus by reading HP.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:01 pm
i am a christian and i worship harry potter!  

mnkyspaid

LeighMae

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:37 pm
I belive in God and Jesus. I don't go to church like I used to, but I have many reasons, and likeing Harry Potter is not one of them. I love Harry Potter and most things HP. (I will refure [shite I can't spell tonight, anyway] to my sig.) I am currently writting an auguementive paper on this matter for my english class, and I wouldn't mind if some of you would help me out here. If you would like to help me, PM me and let me know. Make sure the subject is about this, so it won't get deleted, by mistake, later on when I am doing my work. Please and Thank You. Me heart  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff