What's your geek secret? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:29 am
@salmay- Now I want my ps2 back!!! I love the level where you have to find expensive things. I think that was on the we heart katamari game. I may have to trek over to my dad's to play. (4 hours away. lol)
My bf loves the history channel. He's depressed b/c we can't afford cable and internet. Obviously internets won. I bet he could find some programs online though.
Here's a link for some info about the plant roofs. Umm there's something growing out of the top of your house?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I like it cause it also helps things to blend into the background. Or could you imagine how much nicer large cities would be if they had those on all the buildings. It would be so lovely.

@sox- I was in the chess club in like 4th grade. lol. I never got that into it. But that's really cool.
When I was in 7th grade, I was invited to take this math test for all the top students in the county or something like that. There were a lot of asians. I didn't do so well. I was a bit of a math geek. In 7th, I was taking advanced algebra with juniors. In 8th, I was taking precalculus with seniors. It was kinda annoying though, because all the older kids were kinda stupid. I shouldn't say that, but they were. I lost interest in math by the time I got to ap calc though. I was more into physics.

@Karma- I thought they had rereleased the Maxx series? I thought I saw some cheap ones before. Maybe I'm wrong. I only have like 3 of the books now. I used to have so many when I was young. But I trashed them.

@sometimes monkey- I've been looking at bjd for awhile, but it's really confusing. And ordering really expensive things off of ebay makes me nervous. So I gave up on them. I spent 4 hours last night though looking at Blythe dolls and their accessories. I hope their recent popularity (and alexander mcqueen featuring them in his target ad) will make them more available in the states. I want one so bad, with their big goofy heads and little skinny bodies! Not that I need anything to distract me now. I want to make clothes for them! Do you make clothes for yours? I would like to try. Hmm. Maybe one day you could give me the basic measurements and I could try it out, then send them to you, and you could tell me how I did. That would be fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:43 am
lilartichoke

@sometimes monkey- I've been looking at bjd for awhile, but it's really confusing. And ordering really expensive things off of ebay makes me nervous. So I gave up on them. I spent 4 hours last night though looking at Blythe dolls and their accessories. I hope their recent popularity (and alexander mcqueen featuring them in his target ad) will make them more available in the states. I want one so bad, with their big goofy heads and little skinny bodies! Not that I need anything to distract me now. I want to make clothes for them! Do you make clothes for yours? I would like to try. Hmm. Maybe one day you could give me the basic measurements and I could try it out, then send them to you, and you could tell me how I did. That would be fun.

You know what interesting about that ad is the woman who made the dresses is part of a forum I belong to. We got to see her production photos from the shoot. It was pretty cool.

The BJD hobby can be intimidating, especially the prices. But with companies like Bobobie you can get a doll for as little at $125. I sort of crept in starting with the 1/6 Obitsu.

I don't make clothes for my gang. Never got past sock clothes. It wouldn't mind if you wanted to try your hand at making something for my gang. wink

I prefer the the customizing side of it. Right now I am restoring a doll that crappy elf ears added. My plan is to fix her up and give her to my Sister as a birthday present.  

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:31 pm
lilartichoke

@Karma- I thought they had rereleased the Maxx series? I thought I saw some cheap ones before. Maybe I'm wrong. I only have like 3 of the books now. I used to have so many when I was young. But I trashed them.

I was just looking on Amazon and all they have listed are used copies. They re-released the comics. They've got it in 6 graphic novels now instead of 35 comics. So tempted to buy them >.<:  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:47 pm
Karma v2

I was just looking on Amazon and all they have listed are used copies. They re-released the comics. They've got it in 6 graphic novels now instead of 35 comics. So tempted to buy them >.<:

Maybe that's what I heard about.
I think I'll add the novels to my bday/xmas wishlist.

@sometimes- well I'll be harassing you when I become more committed/obsessed to it all.  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

Neiina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:59 pm
wow, you guys have me plastered. I feel so.... un-geeky. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:23 am
Neiina

You can be a geek about anything really.
What are you really really into?

You can be geeky for sports, clothes, books.
EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING!!!

I thought that's how geeks worked.
They were just tooo into whatever they are into!  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:07 pm
Two words:Star Trek.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:03 pm
lilartichoke
Neiina

You can be a geek about anything really.
What are you really really into?

You can be geeky for sports, clothes, books.
EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING!!!

I thought that's how geeks worked.
They were just tooo into whatever they are into!

reading manga, drawing/sculpting, Disney Channel, watching YouTube videos until I'm sick lol

either way they're not as hardcore as everyone else ahahaha guess it's time for me to attach myself to something again. it used to be Harry Potter. my life revolved around it..  

Neiina

Parasox v2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:07 am
Not Like It Matters

0.0 Only two weeks

I can not wait

I'm so wearing my Vulcan ears to the cinema 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:53 am
Parasox v2
Not Like It Matters

0.0 Only two weeks

I can not wait

YES. I'm going to the first showing.  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

Parasox v2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:39 pm
Not Like It Matters
Parasox v2
Not Like It Matters

0.0 Only two weeks

I can not wait

YES. I'm going to the first showing.

I want to but I'm not sure I can gonk
I have an audition that day so I'm gonna be travelling home in the evening. I may have to see it the next day...  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:56 pm
Star Trek the movie comes out tonight at 7p.m.!!!  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:13 pm
YAY!
I'm so stoked for this movie!

I can't go until Monday though.
My bf is working all weekend and tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:54 am
Parasox v2
Susan is awesome. Somehow I don't think I could pull it off as well as you could though XD
If I ever get the chance to dress up again I'm gonna be Rincewind or Vimes ^_^

Vimes for the win, he's my fav male disc character! Ever so grumpy but cool  

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Parasox v2

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:24 pm
supercalisto
Parasox v2
Susan is awesome. Somehow I don't think I could pull it off as well as you could though XD
If I ever get the chance to dress up again I'm gonna be Rincewind or Vimes ^_^

Vimes for the win, he's my fav male disc character! Ever so grumpy but cool

Vimes and Granny Weatherwax tie for my favourite ^_^
but again I doubt I could pull off a Granny costume  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items