Ich esse dich

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:30 am
robthedude
xTashi
I'd say in my Vault, theres no reason to go out for me really. I'd be safe and that's all I want.

Plus its better than being in a half crazy town with a bomb in the middle of it...

That's saying your vault has survived, or hasn't been evacuated by the overseer. The vaults were programmed to open at intervals after the explosions to see if the rad levels were low enough for survival. Also, have you been to any of the other vaults in the game? Seriously, 101 was the only one with sane survivors left inside.

In real life I would assume that vaults would open at similar intervals. We don't want our entire species living underground forever, the vaults will have to open at some point. As for experiments going on underground, that would be pretty likely as well if you think about it. The higher ups would like to test things on people, and what better place to do it in then a vault that can't be opened for a few years and has no communication with the outside world, which may or may not exist any more.

Well I was thinking like if the game actually happened like the game and you were in a Vault like 101.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:31 pm
it matters if there are s**t like fawkes and i saved his life and got him following me i think i whould be fine and ive always wonderded ur like 19 right how can u live though all this i mean i gotin everything done to my guy and yet im still alive when people like jericho and butch die in like 10 secends  

xXdemonic mephistoXx

legendary thiefLawli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:35 pm
I would survive, why? Because I can make F**King bombs that why (Mercury fulminate counts as a miniature bomb, can kill somebody.) And the fact that I know better than to scavenge in a supermarket because everyone will have the same idea. You should kill all baggage, and accept nobody that is useless into your group. If you are smart, you should start a small colony of maybe 30 survivors if you are interested in rebuilding humanity, I wouldn't. I would say 6 survivors, each should know how to use a gun. And each should have a decent skill.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:56 pm
tyler9834
Well i was thinking today, if the world was to go to s**t, like fallout style, Do you think you would last long? Like if there was radscorpions, deathclaws, raiders, and the entire world was like a wasteland. I honestly think i would be pretty much ********.

No. -_-|||

It also depends on if I found a vault to survive, and who I'm currently fighting against. But in reality, you can't necessarily say you're going to live cause you'll do *this* or *this*.

You don't know if your mind is going to think straight in a stressful situation such as an apocalyptic setting. If anything, I have a feeling I'd turn into a Ghoul from the overexposure of rads. ._.  

Scars-of-an-Undead

Friendly Camper

Succubus_Lady
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:14 am
legendary detective Lawli
I would survive, why? Because I can make F**King bombs that why (Mercury fulminate counts as a miniature bomb, can kill somebody.) And the fact that I know better than to scavenge in a supermarket because everyone will have the same idea. You should kill all baggage, and accept nobody that is useless into your group. If you are smart, you should start a small colony of maybe 30 survivors if you are interested in rebuilding humanity, I wouldn't. I would say 6 survivors, each should know how to use a gun. And each should have a decent skill.
A group of six won't last long.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:25 am
a group of six will end up like moira at creat side surply after you set the bomb off. now a group of 100 can take on a death claw. thats all i care about. death claw's and whooping a** like i always do  

captin albert wesker

legendary thiefLawli

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:44 am
captin albert wesker
a group of six will end up like moira at creat side surply after you set the bomb off. now a group of 100 can take on a death claw. thats all i care about. death claw's and whooping a** like i always do

A group of one hundred would be taken advantage of, and too hard to control under one leader. A group of six, that would be a good tactic if you work with Talon Company, or the Regulators (TALON FTW!). And I would only make a group of six because it is harder to find them, it is good to have a group in a firefight, and you have people to help if you get hurt.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:03 pm
You go alone to stay hidden, you have a group to be strong. Trying to have it both ways will get you picked off piecemeal.

Also, you said that anyone who's useless gets shot rather than threaten the group. How much use will you be to your group while wounded, how many resources will you use up getting back to fighting capability? They'd just have to put you out of your misery.  

Succubus_Lady
Vice Captain

legendary thiefLawli

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:39 pm
I meant that if you are useless to the group you are ejected or killed.

It is what I would do in such a situation, and I would understand if it were to happen to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:47 pm
I'd choose to stay by myself really... For the simple fact that you don't rely on anyone and it's easier to go undetected..and being my size..I could fit in any hole xD and wait out patrols...basically being a ghost..specially if I found stealth boys and a sniper rifle razz  

XxCrimson_ShinobixX
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

14,475 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150

legendary thiefLawli

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:49 pm
If I were to go it alone, I would look for brotherhood/outcast patrols, then shoot them, making sure I am a safe distance with an accuratw weapon, all the time heading to a safe haven, like Megaton, Tenpenny Tower or Rivet City, in that situation I may even head to paradise Falls.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:27 pm
You'd shoot at Outcast and Steel patrols? I'm assuming you imagine you'd have acquired heavy armour and significantly powerful weaponry before then?

As you'll know if you talk to Lyon's pride, the brotherhood trains its' own sharpshooters, and they'll probably have the best kit around. Since the outcasts are Steel themselves, I can't imagine they'd be any different.  

Succubus_Lady
Vice Captain

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:49 pm
Succubus_Lady
You'd shoot at Outcast and Steel patrols? I'm assuming you imagine you'd have acquired heavy armour and significantly powerful weaponry before then?

As you'll know if you talk to Lyon's pride, the brotherhood trains its' own sharpshooters, and they'll probably have the best kit around. Since the outcasts are Steel themselves, I can't imagine they'd be any different.

Keeping in minds as well that the Outcasts collect technology. I believe that if an Outcast patrol had found a Gatling Laser out in the wastes, they wouldn't think twice before using it to defend themselves.

Plus, both of them tend to travel in groups of 3.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:15 pm
robthedude
Succubus_Lady

Keeping in minds as well that the Outcasts collect technology. I believe that if an Outcast patrol had found a Gatling Laser out in the wastes, they wouldn't think twice before using it to defend themselves.

Plus, both of them tend to travel in groups of 3.

Not just groups of three, but usually carrying big guns. I've killed a lot of both in the game, and the smallest thing I see on any of them is a laser rifle.

As for taking them from a distance, I would say that would be more or less unlikey. Looking at the armor of the Brotherhood, I would say none of the sniping weapons in the game (save the Gauss, but since there's only one in the C.W., I'd say it doesn't even really factor in) would have a powerful enough round to pierce the armor. A .308 might have enough velocity and weight to hit the helmet with enough force to addle the wearer, though you would still have another one or two to deal with.

As for the whole "I would survive because I can make bombs" defense, I would say that is valid, while at the same time not for similar reasons. The killing force of an explosion is generated more from the fragmentation than the explosion itself. Therefore, explosives would be effective against only certain targets, the ones with little to no armor. The get through something like power armor, you would need something that would produce some pretty big shrapnel to get through it. Some weaker areas (say the joints) could be exposed to some damage via smaller shrapnel, but there's pretty much, well, everything else that's protected.  

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

Fallout 3

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas