Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Game Ideas? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:02 pm
Haratio TaFotter
I had another idea, this one is a little crazy, and was just a random thought at the time, but hear me out:

The game name (that I have at the moment) is Time Torn Asunder. Essentially, something happens with the space time continuum that throws the world into chaos, ripping the world apart while keeping the pieces in a uniform order. You choose to play as one of several warriors, all of whom died at the same time in different time periods, who find the world in its sorry state and overrun by these crazy monsters which appeared during the catastrophe. Each character (a ninja, a Spartan, an English knight, a Viking, a Native American warrior, a WWII Russian sniper, and a modern day American soldier, just to name a few ideas) has a different play style, and different strengths and weaknesses. With different weapons, and several story changing choices, the game has a different ending for each character, with three options at the end: the Savior ending, the Overlord ending, and the Rewriter ending.

To be honest, this sounds like a all too familiar board game i played. And there are rumors of said board game to be released on Live and PSN.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:06 pm
Now that you mention it, it does sound like an old board game. I think you could create your own landscape, but I forget the name...  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:11 pm
dracokagebuyo
What about an alternate dimension where France actually wins battles single-handedly?

Lol, I can't believe I'm saying this, but that sounds a little too farfeched.

As for the whole board game thing, its news to me lol.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:12 am
dracokagebuyo
Now that you mention it, it does sound like an old board game. I think you could create your own landscape, but I forget the name...

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh !!!! I remember the game now!! It was HEROSCAPE!!  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:18 am
Haratio TaFotter

Here is a image for you Haratio

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:28 am
Tr0n714
Haratio TaFotter

Here is a image for you Haratio

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Okay, now that I see it, I do remember seeing a comercial for this several years ago. Still, The game I was think of would play more like a 1st/3rd person action game, not a large scale tactics board game.  

Haratio TaFotter

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:47 am
Ah, Heroscape...  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:51 pm
Haratio TaFotter

Still, The game I was think of would play more like a 1st/3rd person action game, not a large scale tactics board game.

Pretty much the same concept though mrgreen  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:50 pm
No, I'm guessing it wouldn't. Heroscape is turn-based, no? So, Haratio's idea is more like 3-D puzzle thing with shooting/slashing involved, like LoZ games.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:48 am
dracokagebuyo
No, I'm guessing it wouldn't. Heroscape is turn-based, no? So, Haratio's idea is more like 3-D puzzle thing with shooting/slashing involved, like LoZ games.

Yeah, but probably less puzzles, some platforming, and a lot bloodier, not to mention the different weapons and play styles of each characters.  

Haratio TaFotter

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:56 pm
still heroscape xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:40 pm
Quote:
I was thinking about a game where you actually wake up the day of the Zombie breakout and you play it with less shooting and more sneaking or else a whole freaking horde comes at you. and when you get bit instead of automatically "you're going to be a zombie" you can actually get a vaccine to prevent it if you administer within the first few minutes. And then once you get to the mall and load up you drive out to the batards that caused it and beat their asses....

Quoted when I asked a person who has NEVER played any of the Resident Evil games, Dead Rising, or Left 4 Dead  

-2 Z Zelly

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:58 am
Wait, there's someone that hasn't besides me?  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:52 pm
Tr0n714
still heroscape xd

Well, I guess we'll just have a difference of oppinion then biggrin  

Haratio TaFotter

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:23 pm