4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:30 pm
Sazuka57
Gikaru
Ribbin
Alchemist's do technically get a third ability slot, they just can't change it from Item.
Oh, that figures. Not that I use Nu Mou, anyway. Matter of fact, I don't use Seeqs, Nu Mous, Moogles, OR Bangaas. Nu Mous are the only ones who can fit into my party, and they're too slow compared to my Ninja-h0rs, Vieras, and Grias. ><
I understand using Grias and Humes. I understand not using Seeqs.
But relying on Vieras? Not using Nu Mous, Moogles and Bangaas?
You're missing out on a lot of strategy AND making it harder for yourself.
Vieras have nothing more than agility to their name. and Red/Elemental Magic. Even then, a Nu Mou blindfolded could out-do them. Srsly, the have bad attack, defense, magic, and resistance. D:

Personally, I think Grias are terrible. I got one and she just sucked so much. D=  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:28 pm
Ribbin
Sazuka57
Gikaru
Ribbin
Alchemist's do technically get a third ability slot, they just can't change it from Item.
Oh, that figures. Not that I use Nu Mou, anyway. Matter of fact, I don't use Seeqs, Nu Mous, Moogles, OR Bangaas. Nu Mous are the only ones who can fit into my party, and they're too slow compared to my Ninja-h0rs, Vieras, and Grias. ><
Vieras have nothing more than agility to their name. and Red/Elemental Magic. Even then, a Nu Mou blindfolded could out-do them. Srsly, the have bad attack, defense, magic, and resistance. D:

Personally, I think Grias are terrible. I got one and she just sucked so much. D=
It's kind of true actually. Their only redeeming time is when they're Hunters with Sidewinder and when they're carrying a big, giant, strong sword. =x
and Flight? Please. we're so used to grounded units we totally forget about that. lol.  

Sazuka57

Gikaru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:41 pm
Sazuka57
Ribbin
Sazuka57
Gikaru
Ribbin

It's kind of true actually. Their only redeeming time is when they're Hunters with Sidewinder and when they're carrying a big, giant, strong sword. =x
and Flight? Please. we're so used to grounded units we totally forget about that. lol.
Ahh, I beg to differ. A Viera isn't bad with all those stats, but rather average (except agility and strength, of course). It's because they're not really allowed to wear decent armor that they're defensively weak. I'd argue that a Viera could do much more than a Nu Mou because of their skills. Blood Price is obviously one of the best Passive Skills, but only on the right character.
I could never use Bangaas because not only is their speed mediocre, but a Dual-Wielding Hume could do more, and absolutely destroy anything with Magick Frenzy. Bangaas are great, yes, but for what? Fighting, that's it. They can't lend any real support with their spells when compared to Nu Mous and Vieras.
Moogles are simply weird. They couldn't ever fit into my strategy because of their skills. The classes they share with other races are inferior, and their Moogle-only classes are simply pointless, except maybe Fusilier. And with that, what ELSE are they good for? Long-range Ultima, which is what I use my Gria for. That, and a Gria is quite useful in the final tourney with Sneak Attack. Truly, my Gria saved me in the final fight. Damn that fourth bout.
Nu Mous, out of the four races I don't use, are the only ones that can fit into my strategy, and even then I don't see how much more useful they'll be, apart from Alchemist/Time Mage. My old team did fine as it did. Did I mention I have no idea what an Alchemist does? I just like how they have Items as a third ability.
Concerning Grias...I chose to use a Gria because they can fly. We all know Sneak Attack and Sidewinder do an absurd amount of damage when hitting from behind. That said, I've considered where I had even just a little bit of trouble, and guess what? It's a good thing I had a Gria because if it were anything else, I'd never get to hit 'em in the back. Monsters like to use the bottleneck strategy on me, so getting behind is impossible without Faerie Shoes, which is where my Gria comes in. Thaaaat, and with the way I do things, I don't often get the chance to get behind the right enemy with the right character. Grias are absolutely useless without Sneak Attack since their damage would be, by my terms, just below average, so their ability to get behind something almost all the time is needed in my team. Plus, my Gria uses a bow, and for good reason. A decent chunk of kills that my Humes accumulate come from their opportunity AND my Gria's opportunity to hit the target in the back. At least, that's what I figure.

My strategy tends to be "runnin'-and-gunnin', though obviously without the guns. With how the AI is, it's not like I need to make things complicated or anything. Sure, I'd change my tactics if Player-versus-Player was to be introduced, but even then I'd have to train enough to have at least two or three of every build, excluding the Humes. I know for a fact that I'll never let go of Humes, so training them won't be a problem.
You know, now I feel like I'm one of my Pokemon-addict friends. Nothing is wrong with Pokemon, really, it's just that they won't stop talking about it, or fighting each other.

Also, I like the Gria's flight. Most of the classes have the exact amount of spaces they're allowed to move. Unless Squeenix decided to vary each classes' movement range like in PS FFT, the only time I'd not use a Gria is if I replaced it with a Dual Wielding Paladin/Seer, or a Blood Price'd Viera.

@ Ribbin : You didn't use Geomancer, did you? I don't know how Raptors do, but Geomancers are just terrible. I see Raptors used somewhat often, so I suppose they're decent.

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff