Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
New Gods? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:08 pm
This is a scary topic indeed.

I don't particularly like the idea of these new deities, especially the arrogance that comes with them. I just can't fathom the idea of losing my beloved Goddess to an ipod. What makes someone think these new "Gods" will push the rather older ones aside?

On a lighter note;

I read a lot of "Dark-hunter" novels that put the Gods in the now.

Eros is a rather attractive biker and Artemis... Well, The book doesn't really say many nice things about her. *Coughs* But it really does get you thinking about them in a rather different light.

It gets you wondering what they look like now with fashion/technology in mind.

Ignore me if I'm just chirping nonsense

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:43 pm
I've reaf most of those myself. I personally love how they portray Eros and Persephone. She really does mess with Artimis though, espicially considering that sge is one of the virgin godesses. The undertones that you get during her meetings with Archeron are deffinatly not virginal ninja  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 pm
Shearaha
I've reaf most of those myself. I personally love how they portray Eros and Persephone. She really does mess with Artimis though, espicially considering that sge is one of the virgin godesses. The undertones that you get during her meetings with Archeron are deffinatly not virginal ninja

I'm going to go on a limb here and say you apparently haven't read the book completely about Archeron.

You learn a lot about Artemis and Archeron's relationship in that one.

It be a good book. >>;;

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:01 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
IceQueenMizore
Tell me if you saw this coming:

Odin is the God of Google and Wikipedia.

....No, I didn't.

I would think Odinn to have higher standards than Wiki at any rate xd

Probably...

No, definitely. Loki does Wiki. He'd edit all the Articles to be misinformative or just bad sources. Just to screw with you.  

IceQueenMizore

IceQueenMizore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:06 pm
Namikikyo
Shearaha

I'm going to go on a limb here and say you apparently haven't read the book completely about Archeron.

It be a good book. >>;;

User Image&User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:14 pm
IceQueenMizore
Violet Song jat Shariff
IceQueenMizore

....No, I didn't.

Probably...

No, definitely. Loki does Wiki. He'd edit all the Articles to be misinformative or just bad sources. Just to screw with you.

Ha, Loki would totally have a heyday on Encyclopedia Dramatica xd
This totally says "Loki" to me!  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

IceQueenMizore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:35 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
IceQueenMizore
Violet Song jat Shariff
IceQueenMizore

....No, I didn't.

Probably...

Ha, Loki would totally have a heyday on Encyclopedia Dramatica xd
This totally says "Loki" to me!

I believe he runs that site.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:45 am
Namikikyo
Shearaha

It be a good book. >>;;

Haven't managed to get my hands on that one yet. I've been on the library's waiting list for months crying  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

havenne17

Distinct Gekko

12,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:11 pm
I've read Gaiman's "American Gods", to sort of return to the original discussion....haven't read Darkhunter....think it's in my Amazon wishlist, though.
Part of what I took away from reading 'Gods' was that even the Gods need to evolve and, perhaps, they have. This thought was part of my growing away from any sort of paganism that was quasi-recon.
I also believe that spirit is everywhere so, yes, there is a spirit in the machine just as there is in the rock, the tree, the person. The normal relationship is not one of worship, however, though I think I have met people in love with their cars......lol.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:08 pm
I'm not above the concept of there being new gods being born, maybe every single day now. It's not a bad thing, and obviously some wouldn't need to be worshipped.

Hell, I wouldn't mind if there was a patron god or goddess of the Internet, considering the global consequences and information flow it brings.

And heck, if the Japanese can have a god of fast food Uke Mochi, then why can't there be more modern gods?  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:14 pm
I'm not exactly sure what I think about this...

But i still catch myself saying things like "By Moradins Foaming Tankard!" or "By the Light of Pelor!" sometimes...

EDIT

Quote:
And heck, if the Japanese can have a god of fast food Uke Mochi, then why can't there be more modern gods?

Uke-Mochi is the goddess of food in the Shinto Religion... Food in general. Most of that site was true, except the 'fast food' part, and the avoiding of cooking.

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games