Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Pokemon G/S/C Remake? Highly Plausible. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fafara

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:34 pm
I don't know about remakes, but the concept of going back to the previous region was great. I don't see why they can't make a new series for the DSi that can give you the option to visit the previous regions of Kanto Jhoto and Hoen. At least the option to get 24, or 32, or even 40 badges.... It gives a lot of play time.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:47 pm
If it happens, I'm getting two copies.  

Syph Medwes

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:04 pm
Zephyrkitty
Demon0fMists
Hey I was reading the list over, what did you mean by this?
* Hacking in the most recent games reveals that data for the Johto region exists. *

User Image

These Chikorita are listed as either being caught in - or arriving from - Johto. This means that's there's data in the games for the Johto region, even if it's not being used currently.
What about when you get one of the Johto starters from Emerald/FR/LG? Won't their information show they were "apparently met" in Johto?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:50 pm
Fafara
I don't know about remakes, but the concept of going back to the previous region was great. I don't see why they can't make a new series for the DSi that can give you the option to visit the previous regions of Kanto Jhoto and Hoen. At least the option to get 24, or 32, or even 40 badges.... It gives a lot of play time.

I believe I brought up this point a long time ago, in a thread long forgotten. eh....
I have too much time on my hands, heres the thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=13596775&page=5

I dont think anyone ever read that post....  

KaizenRyuka

4,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:31 pm
KaizenRyuka
Fafara

I believe I brought up this point a long time ago, in a thread long forgotten. eh....
I have too much time on my hands, heres the thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=13596775&page=5

I dont think anyone ever read that post....

No, I remember it. The problem with an idea like that is that it might be too epic. The amount of gameplay you would have to put into a game like that just to complete the gym challenges would be through the roof, and by the time you got to the end of even the third region your enemies would probably have to be at level 100 for the rest of the game. Not to mention that who knows if a game that size would even fit on a DS card. And from Nintendo's side, why would you sell one ridiculously huge game when it could be split into five games and each of the five games will probably sell better than the one would?

Besides, both of you mentioned Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, and you mentioned Sinnoh, but you both neglected Orre, and that region is just as much a part of the Pokemon RPG universe as the others.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:20 pm
I would purchase this if they make it because the Johto region have some of my favorite pokemon. The only one they don't have is Sceptile, my all time favorite.  

Devil Jinn

KaizenRyuka

4,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:32 pm
so heres my solution to the money/memory issue..
buy your pokemon ultraviolet/infrared(lul), you start in kanto.
johto, hoenn, sinnoh, and orre are on DSi ware, buy them (whenever they get released) and they use data from the SD card along with the DS card.

oh and for the level thing, put in some f** limiter on the level of pokemon you can bring, you'll be getting another starter anyway.
stupid idea?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:09 pm
8Bit Jack
Zephyrkitty
Demon0fMists
Hey I was reading the list over, what did you mean by this?
* Hacking in the most recent games reveals that data for the Johto region exists. *

User Image

These Chikorita are listed as either being caught in - or arriving from - Johto. This means that's there's data in the games for the Johto region, even if it's not being used currently.
What about when you get one of the Johto starters from Emerald/FR/LG? Won't their information show they were "apparently met" in Johto?
YEAH THINK SO! its been buggin me what pokemon i had that said that. but i think those of mine are gone but they did say that.  

Xilo The Odd

CherubiMaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:19 pm
Personally I hope they do remake them. Nintendo has made it almost impossible the complete the National Dex. Many old games and products(XD and gameboy to gamecube cord) are the only ways.

Not to mention that pokemon like Mew, Celebii, Jirachi, and Deoxys can't be obtained normally.

However, many companies (not just Nintendo) aren't really trying to appeal to the fans. Rather make short games that people will want enough to buy, but not necessarily beat.

As for that Chickorita, my belief is that it was hacked to say it was from Johto, or was obtained through and event or Cheat code possibly. Now that I think about it, you got a starter if you filled the National Dex on Emerald I believe.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:21 pm
KaizenRyuka
so heres my solution to the money/memory issue..
buy your pokemon ultraviolet/infrared(lul), you start in kanto.
johto, hoenn, sinnoh, and orre are on DSi ware, buy them (whenever they get released) and they use data from the SD card along with the DS card.

oh and for the level thing, put in some f** limiter on the level of pokemon you can bring, you'll be getting another starter anyway.
stupid idea?

Not to discourage you, it just seems like a really convoluted way of implementing the Pokemon MMO idea everyone seems to have these days into a single-player RPG of a length that would only appeal to a select group of gamers.  

GuruGuru214

VanitasStrifeXIII

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:51 am
maybe... that would be nice  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:14 am
CherubiMaster
Personally I hope they do remake them. Nintendo has made it almost impossible the complete the National Dex. Many old games and products(XD and gameboy to gamecube cord) are the only ways.

Not to mention that pokemon like Mew, Celebii, Jirachi, and Deoxys can't be obtained normally.

However, many companies (not just Nintendo) aren't really trying to appeal to the fans. Rather make short games that people will want enough to buy, but not necessarily beat.

As for that Chickorita, my belief is that it was hacked to say it was from Johto, or was obtained through and event or Cheat code possibly. Now that I think about it, you got a starter if you filled the National Dex on Emerald I believe.
nah cause i got a cyndaquil as well that said that, can't find him as off now... only one reason why... CURSE YOU POKEMON RANCH AND YOUR VASTNESS! i was trying to make a super strong one, so i had lots left over to use as box upgrade filler.  

Xilo The Odd

Lord Beckon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:08 pm
Id hoped for one for quite a while, since Ruby and Sapphire came out and i found you couldn't go to Kanto or Johto like in GSC.... and Silver was my favorite game btw.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:30 pm
As long as they include going to past regions I'm all for it, must of recruited mexican developers why they didn't include such a thing in the recent pokemon games. I was heartbroken learning that and didn't even wanna bother getting the 8th badge let alone fight the elite Four. talk2hand crying  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:26 pm
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
As long as they include going to past regions I'm all for it, must of recruited mexican developers why they didn't include such a thing in the recent pokemon games. I was heartbroken learning that and didn't even wanna bother getting the 8th badge let alone fight the elite Four. talk2hand crying
travel the world?hmm lets put that in the third game only. back button? lets put that in the third only. all the pokemon including legendaries? yeah third one only, old ones can't even have em.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff