Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ŧhe Đarkroot Єhronicles ✧Closed✧

Back to Guilds

The peaceful town of Darkroot has been torn from the map by a metallic army in this anthro RP. 

Tags: Roleplay, Accepting, Darkroot, Chronicles, Sonic 

Reply TDC Main Forum
✝ Ŧhe Єhronicles of the Ѵillage Đarkroot (The RP) ✝ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clutch 45
Captain

Gracious Lunatic

7,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:18 pm
In hot pursuit!

The survivors had left the soldiers line of sight several moments ago. They had entered the forest about here...

Hadn't they...?
Pvt Kenderson looked at the treeline with an expression that resembled a mix of lingering fear and dull perplexedness.
S- sir? I can't... It all looks the same, Sir!

Yeah... yes it does...

Kenderson could see the same look of lost nervousness etched on the Pfc's face that he himself was feeling. He couldn't help but feel sorry for his current superior, as did any of the soldiers whenever one of their own found themselves under their dreaded Major's wrath. Now Kenderson was dreading what was to come for them. They would have to report in, and explain why their quarry slipped through their grasp. They exchanged apprehensive looks before turning away from the treeline.

Rage stood with his back to the troops as they formed ranks.

Five more minutes?
Please??

It was time to move out.

Aww... C'mon!

Rage was watching the horizon--

Treeline!

Sigh... Treeline with rapt anxiousness for his... search party.

Party!? I wanna have a party!

I'm bored.

"Shut it! They'll be here shortly."

They'll be short? Why? Does someone have a mallet?

Shh!! I think I hear something! Are they coming?

No, that was just me snoring.

But you weren't sleeping!

"Shut up!! Here they come... Hey! Narrator! That's your que! Aren't you s'possed to mention them coming back so we can get on with the story??"

...I ...

Wassamatta? Rhyme gotcha tung?

How illiterate are you?? That's not how you spell that word!

Oh yeah?? Wull, I don't see you spelling it!!

Would you cut it out and pay attention to the stinkin' stupid story?

Woah, someone needs to switch to decaf.

... Just then Rage's inner Rhymes and Reasons were interrupted by...

Ha! You already tried that one once! Won't work again!

... Just... Stop. The two soldiers could be seen running back towards the stadium... Without any prisoners. They quickly approached the stadium entrance, exchanging glances between one another as they entered. Rage watched them walk toward Z-77 with building anger.
"Halt! You two will give ME the report! I'm the one who sent you, I'm the one who wants to know why you came back EMPtY HanDED!"

They're not short...

"Now... will you kindly explain to me why you're not short?"

Kenderson looked over to the Pfc, clearly lost, but this time he didn't share Kenderson's confusion.

Sir! We--

"Stop! I want Pv Kenderson to say it."
Kenderson?
Hamburger!!

S... Sir...?

"Congratulations! You just been promoted, to... Whatever's just above Private First Class! Congratulations!"

Does that make him rank?

Ha! Stinky Hamburger!

"Heh... Well? Your report?"

Kenderson snapped out of his promotion induced stupor at the sound of his name.
Oh! Uhh... Yes Sir! Uhhm... We- they- the survivors- escaped by, um, going into the Darkroot Forest, Sir. We tried to follow, but... We, uh, didn't want to get lost. Uhh, Sir!

Don't lose your hamburgers!!

Hey his words are hamburger colored!!

"Hmm. Good choice, ham- Kenderson!"
The troops were astonished. Not only had Rage kept his anger, he was actually pleased with the report! A murmur began to erupt among the ranks, though it was ended by a snarling, venom laced grimace shot at them from Rage. The Pfc was disgusted. Rage didn't seem to notice, as he was now ready to go.

No! I don't wanna go!

"Alright troops! Let's get moving! Forward MARCH!!"

Are we there yet?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:51 pm
And with that, the General’s army withdrew from the small town, leaving nothing but rubble and death in their wake. But as they marched back west across the wastes, there were more than a few among them that held uneasy thoughts. Chief among them being Corporal John Kenderson, whose sudden promotion and apparent favoritism with Command Sergeant Major Rage had left a bad taste in his mouth-as well as in his former superior’s. During their march back to base, Kenderson couldn’t help but feel that they weren’t really bringing along only one prisoner…

… Though
Night the Bat didn’t really see it that way. She walked at a steady pace, not being given time to slow down or stop to catch her breath. As she tredged along, her scowl betrayed her feelings quite clearly. She saw strip of thick fabric block her vision, and before she could react she was blinded. Normally, this wouldn’t pose much of a problem, but as she was also gagged, she would be unable to use her voice and ears to locate large landmarks. She would be totally lost. What was in store for her once they reached their destination? All she could do was wonder. Just as she wondered what would become of the young brothers she had delivered before…

Charles M. Taft lay on the operating table, unconscious from massive blood loss and under the knife of the hospital’s emergency team. He’s looking up, and seems to be doing acceptably well, even on the way to recovery, but his brother, Jeremy Taft has taken severe internal damage. Will the Taft brothers reach the end of their long road to recovery? And what will they do now that they’re alone? They’ve lost everything, and have nothing but an empty house to go back to. Will they ever feel at home there again? How on Mobius should I know? But Charlie and Jeremy aren’t the only ones that have lost everything…

… Who is the
mysterious old echidna that stumbled upon young Ethan Spine? Ethan has lost everyone he’s ever cared about-his parents dead, his brother, Jason caught in a second explosion, his best friend and girlfriend missing, probably dead. His entire hometown destroyed. He truly has nothing left. What can this seemingly feeble old echidna possibly want to teach him? Did fate really send Ethan to his feet? Was it predetermined that they would meet? Do his feet really stink so badly that they knocked Ethan out? Well, no, they don’t. But the rest is still a mystery. This old one isn’t the only newcomer to the scene, either…

… Why has this bounty hunter, this
Rook Felid, come to Darkroot? He seems in search of isolation, a place to find some peace, but what he finds is far from it! What role will he play in this twisted plot? Which side will he take? His motives appear to lean away from the Army, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s with the opposition. What exactly does he plan on doing with that fallen soldier’s uniform? It most certainly doesn’t involve any kind of honors ceremony! What will he think of those he finds who weren’t at the massacre? The destruction seems to bring others flocking…

… A flock indeed is what it was, until it was reduced to one.
Robert Davis has learned to worry for nobody other than himself and those he owes. After all, that’s why he’s still living today. But will this lesson prove nothing short of a Godsend, or will it spell his ultimate downfall? His self sufficiency has given him a sense of security, and even provided him with a weapon. But should he continue his new ‘go it alone’ persona? Will he find someone who can convince him to let others in, even when they’ve done nothing for him? Will you please stop asking me questions that I don’t have access to the answers to!?

You’ll have to find out, just like the rest of us! By waiting and reading as the story unravels!

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

March 14th. 3391. Over a year later. Or, more accurately, fifteen months.

Clutch 45
Captain

Gracious Lunatic

7,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:08 pm
The hedgehog ducked behind a building and into an alley. A lot had changed since the last time he had been in Megaopolis. It had been the first major city to fall to the military coup about thirteen months ago, or so the hedgehog had been told. The patrol passed him by, and he dashed from his meager hiding place. The patrol had consisted of nothing more than scout bots, but they weren't worth his time. He had more important things to deal with. He had been observing the man in charge of the occupation forces in this city for several weeks now, and it was just about time for the junior officer to take his evening stroll past this district of the city. The hedgehog couldn't believe it had only been fifteen months. It seemed an eternity had passed under the tutelage of the old echidna, and even that had ended six months ago. The hedgehog closed his eyes, and exhaled. His left hand began to glow a faint green as he built up energy. "It is time." He could sense the enrgy flowing through the small group that was nearing his hiding spot. Three mobians. Military by the way the flow of energy suggested they carried themselves. He unsheathed his sword with an audible scraping sound.

Two of the soldiers stopped as the third took a defensive stance with his weapon and looked around the corner. The hedgehog had managed the hide himself behind a garbage can just in time to not be noticed. The soldiers boots crushed the garbage in the alley as he moved cautiously forward. The soldier sighed just before he came even with the hedgehog's garbage can. "All cle-" He was attempting to say as he turned around, only to find a sword jutting from his chest. He made strange gargling sounds as his lungs filled with blood.

A second soldier came around the corner, gun at the ready. "Morrison? Are you-" His next thought was halted as the energy the hedgehog had been building up in his hand exploded in the soldiers face, frying the front side of his body.

The hedgehog rushed from his hiding place to confront the sole remaining soldier, the junior officer he had been waiting for. The officer attempted to warn the hedgehog off with his weapon, only to find the barrel sliced clean off by the katana that was now red with blood. The officer had barely any time to think before the hedgehog had knocked him to the pavement, and had the tip of the blade pressed to his neck.

"Who- who are you?" The soldier asked after the hedgehog remained motionless for a brief moment.

"I am Ronin. You would do well to remember it when your superiors come." The hedgehog's blade moved from the officer's neck, and he had a brief moment of relief before a blinding pain erupted from his stomach.

The hedgehog pulled his blade from the wounded soldier's stomach as he stood up. "I want you to live long enough to tell your superiors I'm out for them. I want them to suffer the way I suffered."

The hedgehog retreated from the soldier's view just before the soldier passed out from pain and blood loss.

As the hedghog ran from the scene, which was, ironically, near the edge of the city, he smirked to himself. All these endless months of training. Now I can finally repay them for what they did to me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:05 pm
*DING* The old kitchen timer that Robert had found earlier woke him up. Yawning, groaning, stretching. *sigh* Another day. He had to admit, that timer would work. Well. At least until he finishes up tweaking the watch he also found. He walked outside to see the forest. Uhg. Almost out of food again. Might as well go check the wreckage. Robert stumbled over himself as he made his way over to the 'wreckage.' Ow s***. My foot. Never having real medical attention, the pain of that gunshot never really ceased. He patched it up as well as he could, but he was no doctor. Damn it Sam. This is your fault. I don't see why I've kept you around so long. You HEAR ME? This is YOUR fault! He kept on cursing at the wreckage of an old, beat-up scout-bot on the side of his cabin. But lost interest. Instead he focused his attention on the cabin itself. It wasn't half bad. Pretty short. But big enough for one person to live in.

Rob still remembered the time he first found that piece of junk. After hoplessly holding onto the life he hated. Struggling to surive. He found shelter. An abandoned wood cabin not to far from what used to be darkroot. It was pretty beat down, probably from whatever happened to the city. Nothing was living there. Although not much was inside at all. Most probably raided by the military. Or who they were fighting. Still shelter none the less. Robert called it home. Why not?

But the problems weren't over yet. Those soldiers were always patrolling. Scanning the land for... He didn't have a clue what they were after. But they were desperate. He faintly remembers holding himself in a corner of the shack. Alone. The only thing that didn't want to kill him was what remained of that scout that killed his fam-... Group. He kept it though not sure why. Maybe he was giving in? Maybe he couldn't take the loneliness anymore? He didn't want to face the truth whatever the reason. So he hid. Like he did before. Like he always has. Until one day, they were gone. Just like that. They left. That's it. They all picked their weapons and left. Robert believed they got whoever it was causing the trouble, thank goodness. Now. He could restart.

That was quite a cabin. After months of work it could maybe pass as a very overly-abused house out in the woods. He worked some but, he wasn't much of a carpenter either. He fixed the roof at least. But still something was on his mind. What was it again? what wa- Food! That's it. but he had quite a limp after the tumble earlier. There was no way he could maneuver through the wrekage with his foot acting up. Come on. Not today. Any day but today! Ow. crap. He was never going to make it there and back. Oh well. I was hoping I could work on the sphere today... Or do Something at least. So robert hobbled back over to the shack. Passed the bot. What are you looking at! opened the door, and went right back onto the matress. No food. Not much power. I needed to charge that thing too. Oh well. I'm still tired anyway. He turned on a beat-down television that he got half-way working and tried to sleep again. *sigh* Another day.

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ehrinn

Versatile Guildsman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:58 am
Nevermore stood atop the outer wall of a building... or what was left of it, in yet another conquered city, about seven stories off the ground. The General was quite pleased with his progress and the way he executed all orders to perfection without any flaw, so much so that he was promoted many times over and even given an actual name, renouncing his model code of Z-77; a privilege not gifted to any other robotic person in the army. He was Colonel Nevermore, his silver dog tags now showed as such. Much had happened within the last 15 months, but it was all the same to him. Capturing the cities one after another, watching the countless mobians killed. Few stood against the General's vast armies and none of those few lived to fight another day. He felt pity for these people, watching as their homes were destroyed by soldiers. But he was incapable of showing such emotion. He was only able to follow the command of his superiors, as was in his programming. Why do I feel for these people? They are no one to me. Simple obstacles on my path to mission success. But why then do I desire to see them live? Was I programmed this way? Why would my creator give me feeling or remorse when I am incapable of emotion or freewill. Though I do not know what it is to be satisfied with my actions I am unable to act in any other manner, so why then even give me the capability of pity?

>> + <<

As Nevermore thought to himself, a red indicator warned him of a hostile approaching.

57meters

He scanned the hostile in an instant. "Don't be foolish. You do not have any hope of defeating me. Turn back and run. Though I fear I would still have to chase you, and you would not make it." "Die you demon!" The renegade mobian leaped at Nevermore with a knife. "I warned you." Nevermore turned in an instant, grabbing the mobians arm. He bent it backwards, snapping the bone in two, and stabbing him in the chest with the same knife. As the mobian cried out in agony, Nevermore grabbed the back of his shirt and threw him face-first off the wall. He watched as the renegade fell the seven stories to the ground. "Mission complete."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:17 pm
She had no idea how long she'd been in this hell hole, where ever the heck it was. The days and minutes bleed together here. She hadn't even tried to keep time knowing it was futile.

Even with the cell air tight there was some kind of radiation leek, weakening her powers. She couldn't concentrate on them. She felt weak all over.

She learned quickly that they cut meals or beat you if you had an attitude, and her short temper left her sick with starvation for long periods of time her first months. Not that it was particularly hard to get sick. This place was engulfed in disease and filth.

The worst couldn't be anything but the solitude. She had nothing left. She didn't even know where in Mobis she was or why. Mental and physical solitude. Lonely? She'd given up on fighting that long ago. She was a shell of her old self; nothing was important anymore.

She slid she thumb over the creases in her locket. She'd discovered these unconscious impulses her old self had made. The locket was her only comfort.

She'd seen death's face here. He sat with her in this cell. He sat in the corner, watching, even now as she lay on the floor. Sometimes it was cold, with a rough, bloodthirsty face. Other times, like when she was sick again, it was soft and warm, almost comfortingly so.
He grimaced darkly, knowing she was thinking of it again. She knew he was just a hallucination of the tangible death here before her, but he was more real than anything else here.

He hadn't decided to strike her yet.  

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:33 pm
Ronin squatted just outside of the perimeter of a military installation. This installation had the look of a prison. Perfect. He smirk. Time for a little subterfuge. His next movement was a mad dash for the fence, drawing his katana on the way. He sliced open a big hole, and rushed a gaurd before he was noticed, beheading the hawk where he stood.

"Halt, don't move! We have you surrounded!" A uniformed soldier carrying an M16 yelled at him.

Ronin glanced around. "Four versus one. Doesn't seem like a fair fight to me. You sure you don't wanna call in some more backup?" He charged at the soldier that had given him the order, and sliced his gun toting arm clean off. The soldier grabbed the stump with his other hand, and fell to the ground, screaming.

The other three opened fire. Ronin leapt out of the way of the shots, and managed to impale the next soldier upon his blade, before finding himself with two machine guns to his back.

One of the two remaining soldiers spoke to him cooly, but there was a wavering edge to the words that betrayed the soldiers nervousness. "Drop your weapon, and surrender, hedgehog!"

He smirked. "Why don't you ask nicely, and maybe I will."

This time the soldier was more forcefull. "Put the sword down."

"Tch, fine. Guess you haven't heard about manners, then." He dropped the blade, still embedded in the chest of the dying soldier. He spun around, and looked at them. "I surrender." He smiled at them darkly.

He was promptly escorted to the jailing cells. He could see other mobians in a few of them. Some he could not see into at all.

The guard escorting him spoke as he locked the door to a cell behind Ronin. "Any last words before I leave you here to rot?"

"No, because I won't be here very long at all, scum." He stared at the far wall of the cell, and at the starry sky through his window. He took in a deep breath, feeling the energies flowing around him. There were only a few people here. Twelve. He was getting twelve... no... thirteen life signs. He spoke loudly, almost a shout. "If you prisoners can hear me, I'd like to let you know that death won't be taking you on this day, because of a mistake the bastards made fifteen months ago."

He sat on his floor, and began to gather the energy he needed for the escape.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:00 pm
"If you prisoners can hear me, I'd like to let you know that death won't be taking you on this day, because of a mistake the bastards made fifteen months ago."

Every one heard the voice echoing through the compound. It seeped through the cracks in the walls , floating passed the iron gates that kept them in. It filled the ears of those who needed hope; those who needed salvation. So finally someone takes action. This "ronin" is good at what he does. Maybe, just maybe, he can get these prisoners out of here. I have seen what they do here. I should have taken action sooner, but this might just help me get these people out. Leaning against the wall, opposite of the prison doors was a figure watching the doors, as if something amazing was about to happen. He had a predatory smirk on his face. Every prisoner gave a fight at first spewing nonsense about escaping and such, but none had held this much confidence in themselves.

These past months had been different for Rook Felid, the mercenary. After "getting" his first uniform, he used it to gather information and find a good job that would pay well. After "liberating" the previous guard of his uniform, he ended up in this hell hole. That was eight months ago. The only prisoner worth his time was prisoner "7": a.k.a Night, the bat. Throughout her stay, she put up much resistance, even more then all the others; Something he respected. Looking at his watch, he started to head towards the door. Several minutes later, he came into the room yelling, "Dinner Time guys!"

His voice was laced with sick humor. After serving everyone their meager meal, consisting mainly of a small amount of bread and an apple, he put down the food container and started to go through his backpack. He brought out a small box and a some paper. He got a pen and started to write on the paper, placing it on the box. He opened a large iron door with the number 7 on it and slid the box into the cell. On the paper was written, "Eat up, you have a big week ahead." Inside he had placed food, and lots of it. Whistling too himself, Rook began to leave the room. When he reached the door, he looked back and said, "When days run thin and life seems to fade, always remember... there is a light in the darkness."  

Puff O Puff

Clutch 45
Captain

Gracious Lunatic

7,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:12 am
The yelling could be heard throughout the neighborhood. Again.
"What's wrong with you? You can't just... decide not to show up for school! What are you, trying to fail yet again at yet another class?? You need t--"

"NO!! Don't you f****ing tell me what I 'need' to do!! What makes you think you can just lay a sh*** load of orders on me, like I'm some kinda--"
"SHUT it, Jeremy!! I'm sick of this! I'm sick of putting up with your stupid--"
"Yeah, well, sorry you have to ‘put up’ with someone so pitiful and pathetic. I know it must be hard, knowing you're related to scum as low as me, being the SHEERLY aMAZing guy you are..."
"Yeah, you know what? You're right! It's pretty embarrassing to have to admit that you're my brother! The fact that we share the same flesh and blood makes me puke! You wanna know why?!"
"No! I don't give a sh** about your issues--"
"Because you're NOTHING! You try nothing, you do nothing, you care about nothing!! You don't go to school, you don't help out here, you won't get a job..."
"Don't start that sh--"
"WOULD YOU CUT THE SWEARING, FOR GO--"
"No, you know what? Maybe you should grow some, instead of telling me to lower my rating for your innocent little ears!!"
"What did you--"
"You heard me, a**hole! You're the older brother... So act like it!"
"What the heck do you think I'm doing?? WE'D BOTH BE NOWHERE WITHOUT ME! ON the streets! NO food, NO house, no NOthing! When are you gonna get it through your thick skull that you gotta get up OFFA your butt and GET A REAL LIFE!! Do something productive for once in your miserable life!"
"Just get off my f****ing back--"
"WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE, YOU STUPID--"
"FINE! You know what? Fine! How's this?? I'm bleepin outta here! I'm bleepin sick a this bleepin little patch o bleepin heaven, and there's nothin you can bleepin do to bleepin stop me! When you get yer bleepin head outta yer bleep, text me! I'll be bleepin as far away from here as I can bleepin get!!"
"Jeremy! Getcher filthy hand off that doorknob! You're not going anywhere!! Do you fully understand what I'm saying right now!? Get-- HEY! Get those stupid-- unplug your ears NOW! LISTEN TO ME, JEREMY! Get BACK here... JEREMY!" Charlie stood staring at the door-that his brother had left wide open-panting, emotionally exhausted, and seething. He didn't know how much more of this he could take. It had been, without a doubt, the single worst year of their lives. Spats like this had become quite the regular occurrence. Nearly daily, in fact. Charlie slowly turned till he caught sight of what was once his father's favorite chair, and slumped into it, letting out a very loud sigh as he did. He sat for some time there, his head flopped back to rest on the cumfy chair back. He'd have to file a missing persons report now... And didn't really trust the new bots that the police were using. They reminded him too much of... Last year. Ugh... Another police report... He took in a deep breath and held it there for bit before letting it out again.

"Krumn."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:30 pm
*Here's the windup... And The Pitch!* Robert tossed his old sphere straight into the woods. Nothing but a faint glow left behind. Wait for it. Wait for it... BZZZT! The sound of metal crashing to the floor followed an electric hum. *What a Hit! Amazing!* Okay. Now here it comes! The trees ahead of him started rustling and quickly went back to their original stance. The breeze pushed against Robert, knocking over some cans he had set up on the sides of him. Come on. Work! He turned around just in time to see the small radio behind him show off a few sparks and go dead. Hell yeah! The sphere was nearly perfect. Well, for someone like Rob it would always be nearly perfect. Still, that was the best one yet. Might as well go and see how Sam looks. Rob walked off in the direction he threw the sphere to find that same measly bot crippled on the ground with the sphere a yard or so away. I should charge it one more time. Just to double check. But he glanced back at the helpless chunk of metal next to him. No. He's been through enough for one day.

It wasn't to much of a chore to get his old mortal enemy back into shape. Once he could bear running, jumping, the whole nine yards on his injured foot. He decided out of mere boredom to see what happened to the scout he encountered on his tragic first day in Darkroot. So what it tried to kill him. So what It DID kill everyone else. That was months back. He didn't really care about it anymore. Amazingly, after an hour or so of searching,
it was laying under a nearby tree stump completely untouched. Besides the thin layer of moss starting to grow on it's hull.

In a time and place like this, why NOT keep the thing? There isn't much to pass the time in a small shack on the outskirts of tragedy. He could rewire the whole thing. Erase the memory, find some old weapons to beef it up a bit, start working on the aggresive side of his sphere. It was a military robot. It was heaven. Sadly though. All it really became useful for was a test dummy for his EMP-ball-battery-whatever. Just reboot it, (Of course he wiped it's memory clean first.) send it out a few yards away from the cabin, and you know the rest.

Yet watching it lay there. Beat down and unloved. Robert knew it deserved better. 'Sam' as he came to call it, was the closest thing to a friend that Rob had had in at least a year. I can't keep doing this. It's just not right. After rolling it back to the side of the cabin, he walked inside. You tried to kill me you monster.
I don't even know what you're talki-
Shut Up! You killed them all! You can't forget murder!
I don't know anything. My memory has completly been erased from my records.
What kind of excuse is that?
With that. Robert gave up. Conversations with himself never made him feel better. There's plenty of s*** all over the Wreckage. I could get everything needed to rebuild you. Metal, weapons, Damn it you're gonna be the best machine I've ever made! He wasn't excatly sure what he was thinking. Maybe he was trying to feel remorse for the bot, maybe he needed a friend, Rob was probably letting all this time alone get to him. Still. He wanted to fix Sam. Not because Sam deserved it, not because Robert owed it anything. Because he knew it was the right thing.

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:26 am
"If you prisoners can hear me, I'd like to let you know that death won't be taking you on this day, because of a mistake the bastards made fifteen months ago."

Oh, great. Night thought, scoffing to herself. Another escape artist. Got news for you buddy. Give it a month, no, two weeks, and you'll be BEGGING for death.

She was laying on the ground like she normally it, hands folded behind her head. The new guy seamed to go silent altogether.

That's it? No insane babbling about how you'll escape or what you'll do to then when your out? What a joke. But...fifteen months ago? Was she here that long? Had it been so long that death's shadow had it's curse on her? The days crept by so slowly that it ran fast past her like sand sifting through your fingers.

She held her hand, open palm, to the door. She could feel energy growing around the new cell. Anger. He's angry and keeping energy, so something like that.

The door suddenly slammed open. She re-folded her hands and looked away. She waited for it to thud shut to look over. A good amount of food sat on the tray on the floor. She blinked, stunned. They usually starve you in prison, not stuff your face.

Something sat on top. She crawled over and pulled off the paper.

Eat up, you have a big week ahead.

Night sat in stunned silence. Big week?!

A hopeful voice called out from the end of the rows of cells.

"When days run thin and life seems to fade, always remember... there is a light in the darkness."

She felt a chill as her figment of Death accompanied her again.

Night whispered to herself, to the shadow.'He doesn't believe you'll take me, so I wouldn't ether.'  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:18 am
Ronin stood up slowly. "It is time." He walked slowly to the door of his cell, and placed his hands on it. He smirked. "This door would work wonders on keeping in any normal prisoner... but I'm not normal." He closed his eyes for a brief moment, then opened them and shouted. "Chaos Press!" The door blasted off of it's hinges, and slammed against the far side of the hallway. It was a simple attack, it applied an incredible amount of force to whatever he was touching. Problem was, it would be difficult to use in combat due to the time required to charge energy, and that most of his enemies would prefer to stay away from him. It had been an early attempt to use Chaos energy. He walked out, and confidently shouted. "I suggest you all get away from your doors. Death hasn't come for you, but I've come for them."

He walked over to the first door with someone behind it, and blew that door open. "I suggest you follow me. This place is coming down soon." He continued to do this several more times, releasing most of the prisoners, then he 'opened' the last door, and looked at the bat inside. The smirk left his face as he was reminded of... no, the bat he had known before was dead, and all he could do now was avenge him. He held out a hand to her, as she looked like she didn't have the strength to stand. "You're free. Or will be soon, in any case. I just need to make one stop before I get you all out of here."

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100

Puff O Puff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:54 pm
I knew it he was different that... oh what did he call it. Hmmm ah thats it chaos press it was overkill but it worked. Ronin in his haste to free the prisoners had forgoten one thing and that was a single guard. That guard was none other then Rook Felid. He had a smile that almost split his face in half, His sharp teeth almost glowing in the dark while the rest was covered in shadows. As if hearing the words "your free" leave Ronins mouth he started to creep up behind him.

Slowly unsheathing the large combat knife that was part of all soldiers uniform. It made quiet scraping noises just loud enough to hear but to him it sounded like schreeching metal. Inching closer and closer to Ronin until he was about four feet away he braced himself. Ronin had just stopped talking of course Rook wasn't listening about what he said but he was pretty sure it was something about freedom. His silent prayer that no one heard him or noticed him was answered and he pounced on his prey. Jumping from his spot that was about four feet away not a sound to be heard other then a whoosh of air and a large thud. Tackling ronin to the ground while a loud cackle escaped his lips as he hit. Rook now sitting on the back of Ronin still laughing when he stopped laughing his eyes took on a deadly glint. He quickly grabbed Ronin by the back of the head pulled it up exposing his neck and put the knife to it.

"Be warned for the farther you walk into the light." He paused and lowered his face towards Ronins ear and whispered. "The larger your shadow grows."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:08 pm
"Light, who said anything about light, scum? I wouldn't move that blade if I were you. It might be hazardous to your health." As he spoke, he nudged his assailant with two fingers, they struck one of his ribs. "That knife cuts my throat, you lose your heart. I'd have a chance to live and regenerate. You would not.' He tilted his head a s much as he could to gauge his opponent's reaction. He could have taken this guy out at any time. He had just hoped this fool had had the good sense to stay out of his way. People who had gotten in his way had recently taken to dying. Painfully, usually. "Are you going to remove your knife from my throat, or do I have to incinerate your internal organs?" His face was calm, almost bored.  

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100

Puff O Puff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:43 pm
"Ha ha my friend who said anything about slitting your throat when i can cut straight into your spinal column and paralyze your for those brief few seconds of life you have left. That is of course if i were to be your enemy my spikey haired freind."

He said while getting off of him in a swift movement. After putting his knife away he walked up to him and offered him his hand.

"Oh and who said anything about you having a choice about the light if i recall correctly even the darkest of shadows need light to survive. Now get up freind and let us cause havik on those who have sinned to all those left standing... so what do you say boy."

While saying this his smile almost split his face in half and his eyes adopted the look of a mad man. Hand still extended shaking oh so very slightly waiting for the chaos to come. Oh how i have waited for this day.  
TDC Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff