14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:28 am
Fresnel
Floyd
a 500 round box of .22 LR I scored for $1.99
You best be droppin' the decimal. $19.99 is more like it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Notice that the box is taped at the ends. My guess is that this was a close out of damaged goods, despite the lack of any declaration to that effect.

That's a 1. Not a 7 or 9. And I doubt I'll ever get that lucky again at Big 5.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:13 am
Floyd
Fresnel
Floyd
a 500 round box of .22 LR I scored for $1.99
You best be droppin' the decimal. $19.99 is more like it.

Notice that the box is taped at the ends. My guess is that this was a close out of damaged goods, despite the lack of any declaration to that effect.

That's a 1. Not a 7 or 9. And I doubt I'll ever get that lucky again at Big 5.
You s**t. Back when Wal-Mart HAD .22 in stock, I thought a 550-round brick of Federal for $12 was cheap.

On a related note, I remembered I had a pellet gun today. I'm TOTALLY going shooting later. Ammo just doesn't get any cheaper than .177.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:56 pm
OberFeldwebel
When I saw it last it was at $100,000,075.

Now it's at $50, wait wtf?
Reserve not met?
... wtf?

Christ.
Maybe I should do a silly auction.
He has temporarily been banned even though he followed THEIR instructions, because of a rule change mid-auction.

No more single round auctions.
Even for the collectors.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:11 pm
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel

Reserve not met?
... wtf?

Christ.
He has temporarily been banned even though he followed THEIR instructions, because of a rule change mid-auction.

Even for the collectors.
What assholes...

Guess we'll have to sell them in pairs.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:08 pm
Fresnel
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel

Reserve not met?
... wtf?

Christ.

Even for the collectors.
What assholes...

Ultra rare set of five Yugoslavian Surplus 8mm WITH 3 notch stripper clip from 1943 and another, in separate auction, from 1944.

Crap, I didn't like that Federal .22 stuff, it gummed the crap out of my 597.

Thunderbolt by Remington ftw.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:33 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel

Reserve not met?
... wtf?

Christ.

Even for the collectors.
What assholes...

Ultra rare set of five Yugoslavian Surplus 8mm WITH 3 notch stripper clip from 1943 and another, in separate auction, from 1944.

Federal or American Eagle? I shoot the actual Federal ammo and it's some of the best stuff I've found. Remington though... Christ, a full third of the box was duds.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:27 pm
Went with my dad to Wal Mart today.

"Got any 9mm?"

"Nope."

"Got any .22?"

"Nope."

crying

How the hell am I supposed to stock up like this? Everyone online is out as well. Okay, I'll bite. How much for cheap-a** reloading equipment and supplies? I'll take lead cast bullets and a single-bullet press, I really will.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:36 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel

Reserve not met?
... wtf?

Christ.

Even for the collectors.
What assholes...

Federal or American Eagle? I shoot the actual Federal ammo and it's some of the best stuff I've found. Remington though... Christ, a full third of the box was duds.

I'm sure it was Federal. I remember looking at the box and saying, I'll never buy this s**t again.

I've only had a couple of duds with Remington brand, but barely ever with Thunderbolts.

I've only put three brands of .22 ammunition through my .22s;
Remington Thunderbolts, Federal and that match stuff you get from the CMP (friend had some).

Some of the duds I let sit, then later on put them in my Stevens and had the firing pin hit a different spot on the rim, it worked sometimes.

Yup, found it on Sportsmans, the 'copper' plated ones.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=282495

If you're going to do reloading, I've been told Lee presses are 'the bees knees'.
I guess that means that they're of epic proportions.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:13 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
uryu ishida

Even for the collectors.
What assholes...

I'm sure it was Federal. I remember looking at the box and saying, I'll never buy this s**t again.

I've only had a couple of duds with Remington brand, but barely ever with Thunderbolts.

Remington Thunderbolts, Federal and that match stuff you get from the CMP (friend had some).

Some of the duds I let sit, then later on put them in my Stevens and had the firing pin hit a different spot on the rim, it worked sometimes.

]http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=282495
See, Federal's used that box style for a long time, but the boxes I get are slightly yet notably different. It's got the same stripe down the middle and the cartridge at the bottom, but the "spilled ammo" pattern only goes halfway up, and the rest is maroon. I get maybe one dud in 100, and turning and reinserting usually fixes it. When I went through that box of Remington Golden Bullet, I had to spin one in three rounds, and 1 in 100 was just plain dead. No primer. My friend with the DEagle had three failures in as many magazines with RGB. Dud primers.

Quote:
If you're going to do reloading, I've been told Lee presses are 'the bees knees'.
Lee for single-stage, Dillon for progressive. There's another company that makes green equipment (Lee is always red, Dillon is always blue). I forget the name but it's not bad stuff. Not the best, but not bad. Unfortunately, you can't reload .22 and I get the impression though that 9mm and .45 casings are getting rare now, and gunpowder is disappearing too.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:15 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
What assholes...

See, Federal's used that box style for a long time, but the boxes I get are slightly yet notably different. It's got the same stripe down the middle and the cartridge at the bottom, but the "spilled ammo" pattern only goes halfway up, and the rest is maroon. I get maybe one dud in 100, and turning and reinserting usually fixes it. When I went through that box of Remington Golden Bullet, I had to spin one in three rounds, and 1 in 100 was just plain dead. No primer. My friend with the DEagle had three failures in as many magazines with RGB. Dud primers.

Quote:
Lee for single-stage, Dillon for progressive. There's another company that makes green equipment (Lee is always red, Dillon is always blue). I forget the name but it's not bad stuff. Not the best, but not bad. Unfortunately, you can't reload .22 and I get the impression though that 9mm and .45 casings are getting rare now, and gunpowder is disappearing too.

Gander has a good supply of gunpowder.
I haven't checked if they were rifle or pistol though.

I think the green presses are RCBSs.

Yeah, but I doubt anyone has really looked into reloading .22 since they're so damn cheap. Or at least were.
It's probably a big pain in the a**, more so than reloading Berdan primers.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:07 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Quote:

Gander has a good supply of gunpowder.
I haven't checked if they were rifle or pistol though.

I think the green presses are RCBSs.

Yeah, but I doubt anyone has really looked into reloading .22 since they're so damn cheap. Or at least were.
It's probably a big pain in the a**, more so than reloading Berdan primers. Yeah, okay. Green is RCBS. I didn't know they made presses, I thought they just made dies. I hear they make damn good dies, though.

xd "RCBS - Precisioneered Shooting Products" WTF.

I don't think it can be done. I bet the casing is crimped over the primer in manufacturing or something stupid. If it's that tough, it's just not worth it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:31 am

They may have discontinued presses, because I'm not seeing a whole lot of them on search returns.
Mostly press KITS, which yeah could mostly be dies and stuff.

I didn't notice that WTF moment.
Dang. wtf?  

OberFeldwebel

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out