Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Marijuana Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Legalize it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:29 pm
Quote:
That's why I add emphasis that otherwise would be completely lost.

Right because doing this really means that your trying to say something under your breath. For all I know you could be whispering something or you could be trying to be a d-bag.
Quote:
I care why? I've never had any of those things and I'm almost content as well, I just have goals that will take time. You just have that can't crack a smile attitude is what our issue is with.

Oh Im sorry did you forget? I remember village midget writing something along the lines of "blimey, i suspect you need more joy in your life...", while you come in answering with
Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking >>;

Now to me that sounds like you were thinking the same thing that she was... or am I wrong? Anyways I figured I would tell you the truth and besides if that was humor than it was a pretty dull kind of humor.
Quote:

Eh? Some problems are most safely solved by focusing on other things more important till the problem solves itself. Sometimes fighting will only make it more ******** up. Okay so using it for pain fabricated by your mind is somehow better than using it for medical jargon pain fabricated by your mind? The people who truly desire happiness and tranquility will get it with or without a plant's help. I just don't see how making the general population (who fail at happiness without frequent escapism) more miserable to be around, makes you happier....

So is smoking weed more important? How about painting a picture or going to a beach? I dont think that even in these times we live, those sorts of things have lost their luster. If you have pain fabricated by your mind, then a good solution would be to see a counselor and get that looked at immediately. For physical pain, the plants effects have been proven to help. I dont know what people you're talking about... all the people I hang out with are not miserable at all. Maybe a finding of new friends is in order?  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:30 pm
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius
I didn't read it as that because after dealing with so many people in the CB that use small text as a way to annoy people and troll I couldn't tell the difference. That's a mistake on my part.

That's understandable. I never do anything without a point to it but I don't mind this misunderstanding since now you know. 3nodding

Good then. On to what we were doing.  

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

Misses Brinks

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:08 pm
It's a failed law. I doubt I would smoke it even if it was legal anyways, so it wouldn't affect me.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:16 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

Eh? Some problems are most safely solved by focusing on other things more important till the problem solves itself. Sometimes fighting will only make it more ******** up. Okay so using it for pain fabricated by your mind is somehow better than using it for medical jargon pain fabricated by your mind? The people who truly desire happiness and tranquility will get it with or without a plant's help. I just don't see how making the general population (who fail at happiness without frequent escapism) more miserable to be around, makes you happier....

So is smoking weed more important? How about painting a picture or going to a beach? I dont think that even in these times we live, those sorts of things have lost their luster. If you have pain fabricated by your mind, then a good solution would be to see a counselor and get that looked at immediately. For physical pain, the plants effects have been proven to help. I dont know what people you're talking about... all the people I hang out with are not miserable at all. Maybe a finding of new friends is in order?
Why pay thousands of dollars for a cruise when you could pay twenty or thirty bucks and get totally blazed all night and laugh your a** off watching Univision because "they all talk so funny, and there's, like, this dude in a monkey suit..." And on top of that, even if you did go on a cruise there's no guarantee whatsoever you'd actually end up leaving your problems at home. You might just ruin the cruise and blowing all that money for nothing. Myself being in a position where many would begin drinking themselves to an early grave, I can see why cheap escapism is appealing. It's like going to a bar and drinking away your sorrows, except you laugh more and don't kill your liver.  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:02 pm
village midget
black_wing_angel

I'm not saying it can't cause problems. Hell, ALCOHOL can do that. I have a friend that, just last night, got so wasted drunk, that he got paranoid that his girlfriend was sleeping around on him, and threatened to kill her if she ever tries anything "again".

ANYTHING taken in a high enough dosage, can be very detrimental. Hell, even drinking too much WATER can kill you.

There's a level of personal responsibility involved, as there is with alcohol.

However, unlike alcohol, the addictive properties of marijuana are STRICTLY PSYCHOSOMATIC. It is not chemically addictive, as alcohol is.

of course, i was responding really only to your comment regarding psychosis linked to pot and putting it out there that it does happen...and it is entirely possible to become emotionally dependant on anything psychosomsatic, the power of the mind and the consequences of altering it shouldn't be underestimated. having said that you are of course correct about personal responsibility, and i would want some evidence to show that the general population would take enough responsibility for themselves not to ******** themselves up...i don't trust them.

Well, for evidence:

Alcohol is completely legal, within given guidelines. If taken in excess, the "abuser" can display particularly strong emotions, as alcohol amplifies ones emotions.

It is QUITE easy to ******** WAY up, under the influence of alcohol. And yet, while there CERTAINLY are the immature idiots that abuse it, there seem to be more people that are at least smart enough to stay within LEGAL limits.

I see no reason to expect a different result from marijuana usage.

blackwing
midget
black_wing_angel

Actually, it would be taxed, just as tobacco is.

what is the advantage to smokers of legalising it then if it is going to go up with inflation? like you said it is already easily available...

"Easily", but not "safely". There's no guarantee that you'll survive the transaction, if the dealer decides to swindle you, and, instead of weed, give you a bullet, or knife, to the chest, for your money. Also, they could easily charge you triple what they paid to get it, in the first place.

At least one wouldn't have to worry about such things, buying it from a legitimate store, for a REGULATED price. I figure, for someone who wants to smoke a little weed, there's no reason to go through such dangers.

ok, point taken.

blackwing angel

And for the record, I have never, and have no intention to ever, smoke weed. But I do support it's legality, just the same.

The closest I came to smoking weed, was being at a Metallica concert, and the guy right in front of me lit one up, and I can't quite hold my breath for a 2 hour show.

fair enough, if it ever is made legal i won't be upset...i guess i'm indifferent really *realises this is a ******** useless statement in a debate, shuffles away*  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:11 am
I think controlled substances is a violation of our personal liberties. I do not need a government entity controlling my personal consumption of, well, anything.

Marijuana, most of all, is essentially harmless. It's a shame anti-pot myths predominate our society. While I can understand the importance of informing our children about the dangers of substance abuse, it is of the utmost importance that we do not lie to them in a vain attempt to protect them.

Nothing hurts more than knowing you've been lied to, even with the best of intentions.  

Yoshpet

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:48 am
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:
That's why I add emphasis that otherwise would be completely lost.

Right because doing this really means that your trying to say something under your breath. For all I know you could be whispering something or you could be trying to be a d-bag.

You didn't really try to see it as humor originally by your responses, you looked at it pessimistically and unrealistically. You just used tiny font for the sake of using it, mine had comedic flow and did it in a pattern making it distinguishable as a joke... your tiny text with your attitude so far makes it sound like we struck an even greater nerve when we said you have no joy, implying that you may not in fact have joy but something closer to contentment.

Hydra Alpharius
Quote:
I care why? I've never had any of those things and I'm almost content as well, I just have goals that will take time. You just have that can't crack a smile attitude is what our issue is with.

Oh Im sorry did you forget?

The not caring was at your "Oooo look what I did without the stuff" attitude. I was saying just because your life and mine is going generally okay without the stuff, doesn't mean anything.

Hydra Alpharius
I remember village midget writing something along the lines of "blimey, i suspect you need more joy in your life...", while you come in answering with

Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking >>;

Now to me that sounds like you were thinking the same thing that she was... or am I wrong? Anyways I figured I would tell you the truth and besides if that was humor than it was a pretty dull kind of humor.

That you have no joy said in a tone of concern? Again the not caring is at your negative, rather pessimistic attitude with a lack of sense of humor making it appear that you have no joy or are possibly unhappy. You could just be content, misinterpreting it as joy. We were thinking that YOU needed more joy in life. I don't think it was meant as humor, it was more concern.
But you seriously have a negative attitude bad enough it constantly makes me care less with each response I get.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:10 am
black_wing_angel
village midget
black_wing_angel

I'm not saying it can't cause problems. Hell, ALCOHOL can do that. I have a friend that, just last night, got so wasted drunk, that he got paranoid that his girlfriend was sleeping around on him, and threatened to kill her if she ever tries anything "again".

ANYTHING taken in a high enough dosage, can be very detrimental. Hell, even drinking too much WATER can kill you.

There's a level of personal responsibility involved, as there is with alcohol.

However, unlike alcohol, the addictive properties of marijuana are STRICTLY PSYCHOSOMATIC. It is not chemically addictive, as alcohol is.

of course, i was responding really only to your comment regarding psychosis linked to pot and putting it out there that it does happen...and it is entirely possible to become emotionally dependant on anything psychosomsatic, the power of the mind and the consequences of altering it shouldn't be underestimated. having said that you are of course correct about personal responsibility, and i would want some evidence to show that the general population would take enough responsibility for themselves not to ******** themselves up...i don't trust them.

Well, for evidence:

Alcohol is completely legal, within given guidelines. If taken in excess, the "abuser" can display particularly strong emotions, as alcohol amplifies ones emotions.

It is QUITE easy to ******** WAY up, under the influence of alcohol. And yet, while there CERTAINLY are the immature idiots that abuse it, there seem to be more people that are at least smart enough to stay within LEGAL limits.

I see no reason to expect a different result from marijuana usage.

a ******** useless statement in a debate, shuffles away*

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Kats Scratches

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:12 am

And if I say to you that I wanted to, know that I lied

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This.
You could be right

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:18 am
Kats Scratches

This.
You could be right

Very true. There certainly are worse things out there, than Marijuana.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:29 am
black_wing_angel
Kats Scratches

This.
You could be right

Worse things which are medically prescribed in all 50 states. Opiates (that's heroin, in case you were wondering) are still used as a painkiller. I still have a bottle of that s**t from when I broke my leg, and another bottle from when I had my wisdom teeth pulled.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:36 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Kats Scratches

This.
You could be right

Worse things which are medically prescribed in all 50 states. Opiates (that's heroin, in case you were wondering) are still used as a painkiller. I still have a bottle of that s**t from when I broke my leg, and another bottle from when I had my wisdom teeth pulled.

start the trade dude! :p  

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:34 am
village midget
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Kats Scratches

This.
You could be right

No way, man. It's going in my SHTF bag, right next to the Cipro from my ear infection five years ago and a huge bottle of Advil, for those times when I just have a headache or something.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:12 pm
Fresnel
village midget
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Kats Scratches

This.
You could be right

No way, man. It's going in my SHTF bag, right next to the Cipro from my ear infection five years ago and a huge bottle of Advil, for those times when I just have a headache or something.

s**t Hits The Fan bag?

I can only wonder what else you store in it...  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:26 pm
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

Why pay thousands of dollars for a cruise when you could pay twenty or thirty bucks and get totally blazed all night and laugh your a** off watching Univision because "they all talk so funny, and there's, like, this dude in a monkey suit..." And on top of that, even if you did go on a cruise there's no guarantee whatsoever you'd actually end up leaving your problems at home. You might just ruin the cruise and blowing all that money for nothing. Myself being in a position where many would begin drinking themselves to an early grave, I can see why cheap escapism is appealing. It's like going to a bar and drinking away your sorrows, except you laugh more and don't kill your liver.

You dont have to go on cruise you know....  
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff