Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Blabber
Generic gaming thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:20 am
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
exclaim WORST GAME AWARD: exclaim
~*~ dead rising ~*~

Seriously, I just attempted to play. Worst game I have ever even touched in my entire life. EVER.

You obviously haven't played many games >o>

Name it and I've probably played it at some point in my life.

The game mechanics in Dead Rising are just terrible.

Not really, they just make absolutely no sense what-so ever. Play Atari's ET, any game involving big rigs or play any one released glitched so it is unbeatable. Believe me there are countless worse games.

Okay, I'll admit s**t like Fable II where the bugs can actually make the game unbeatable are annoying. But Dead Rising is just a terrible sandbox game.

Fable II was some form of bloody s**t compared to Fable... but I do love the dog in Fable II but the complete lack of ANYTHING ELSE to make it worth playing doesn't allow for forgiveness.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
~*~ dead rising ~*~

Seriously, I just attempted to play. Worst game I have ever even touched in my entire life. EVER.

Not really, they just make absolutely no sense what-so ever. Play Atari's ET, any game involving big rigs or play any one released glitched so it is unbeatable. Believe me there are countless worse games.
HAHA, oh ******** man, Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. No cops (as was advertised), no course, NO GRAVITY, no collision detection, no AI (so the opponent cars DON'T MOVE), the finish line occasionally glitches out and puts you back to start, and to top it all off, the trophy at the end of the race said "YOU'RE WINNER".

Definitely up there for 'worst game ever'.  

Fresnel

Citizen

Kuchen Fairy

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:29 am
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
~*~ dead rising ~*~

Okay, I'll admit s**t like Fable II where the bugs can actually make the game unbeatable are annoying. But Dead Rising is just a terrible sandbox game.

Fable II was some form of bloody s**t compared to Fable... but I do love the dog in Fable II but the complete lack of ANYTHING ELSE to make it worth playing doesn't allow for forgiveness.

Dude, I almost cried when my family got killed. My monk husband was a perverted deadbeat but my son was so ******** cute I can't even...
But then my dog? Hale no. You don't kill my ******** dog. I obviously opted to recover my family.

Thing is, I got the spouse glitch where, if you give them a ring after you're already wed, your spouse will occasionally disappear from the game. Every time I went home to visit my family, my kid was there all by his damn self. Hence, deadbeat dad. Sometimes if I went to certain villages he'd show up back home or once even in the village but it was temporary. neutral
Unfortunately, the glitch prevents you from actually completing the game if you choose to revive your family because you only go home to your kids and sometimes the kids won't react to your arrival - they just stare at you.

I'd replay the game for achievements but it overworks the fan in my 360.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:23 pm
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
Silver Screen

Dude, I almost cried when my family got killed. My monk husband was a perverted deadbeat but my son was so ******** cute I can't even...
But then my dog? Hale no. You don't kill my ******** dog. I obviously opted to recover my family.

Thing is, I got the spouse glitch where, if you give them a ring after you're already wed, your spouse will occasionally disappear from the game. Every time I went home to visit my family, my kid was there all by his damn self. Hence, deadbeat dad. Sometimes if I went to certain villages he'd show up back home or once even in the village but it was temporary. neutral
Unfortunately, the glitch prevents you from actually completing the game if you choose to revive your family because you only go home to your kids and sometimes the kids won't react to your arrival - they just stare at you.

I'd replay the game for achievements but it overworks the fan in my 360.

The only part I felt truly bad in was when the pooch got punted early on D: Since by the time I reached the end I was getting pissed at the semi-retarded AI of the dog.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:43 pm
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
~*~ dead rising ~*~

HAHA, oh ******** man, Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. No cops (as was advertised), no course, NO GRAVITY, no collision detection, no AI (so the opponent cars DON'T MOVE), the finish line occasionally glitches out and puts you back to start, and to top it all off, the trophy at the end of the race said "YOU'RE WINNER".

On the other hand, 18 Wheeler was a ******** AWESOME arcade game! No cops, you racing against time, and "your rival" trucker, smashing through traffic, and you smash purple hippie vans for extra time.

If you reach the finish line before your rival "known as "Green Horn", then you get to do a bonus game where you actually PARK the trailer, for a chance at upgraded parts.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:19 pm
Sorry for the laughable change of subject but does anybody have the leaked version of TS3? I don't want it - I'll just buy it when it's officially released - but I want to know if it's as cool as it looks.

I think in the first Sims you could walk away from the computer and your Sims would take care of themselves, right? But they didn't do that in TS2. I hear they do so in TS3 though, which is good... I'm sick of having to use cheats so I can just drag their stats up because I'm too lazy to take care of eight people at once.  

Kuchen Fairy

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:22 pm
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
magmayoshi
Silver Screen
~*~ dead rising ~*~

On the other hand, 18 Wheeler was a ******** AWESOME arcade game! No cops, you racing against time, and "your rival" trucker, smashing through traffic, and you smash purple hippie vans for extra time.

If you reach the finish line before your rival "known as "Green Horn", then you get to do a bonus game where you actually PARK the trailer, for a chance at upgraded parts.
You might like the 'firefighter' minigame in GTA3. From the moment you start it until you flip the truck or end the mission, your firetruck is utterly invincible. So you scream down the road in a two-ton truck ripping along at near-sports-car speeds, sirens blaring, smashing cars aside like gnats. MOVE OUTTA MAH WAY, THERE'S A FIRE AH GOTTA GO PUT OUT.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:12 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Silver Screen

You might like the 'firefighter' minigame in GTA3. From the moment you start it until you flip the truck or end the mission, your firetruck is utterly invincible. So you scream down the road in a two-ton truck ripping along at near-sports-car speeds, sirens blaring, smashing cars aside like gnats. MOVE OUTTA MAH WAY, THERE'S A FIRE AH GOTTA GO PUT OUT.

The physics were pretty hilarious in Need for Speed II SE, once you reached a certain speed, you'd send little cars FLYING. But my goal was to flip the ******** buses since the physics went haywire if you pulled it off.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:24 am
magmayoshi
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Silver Screen

The physics were pretty hilarious in Need for Speed II SE, once you reached a certain speed, you'd send little cars FLYING. But my goal was to flip the ******** buses since the physics went haywire if you pulled it off.
NFS always pissed me off because cars didn't brush off, they ******** stuck to you and you'd have to reverse most times to get going again.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:39 am
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel

NFS always pissed me off because cars didn't brush off, they ******** stuck to you and you'd have to reverse most times to get going again.

The first Need for Speed was brutal like that gonk
It was considered more like a driving simulation game, partially why some people bitched about II.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:49 am
magmayoshi
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel

It was considered more like a driving simulation game, partially why some people bitched about II.
Actually, I have NFS:Underground 2 and Most Wanted. They both have sticky cars, and Most Wanted has ******** 18-wheelers. If you rear-end a car carrier it'll dump cars on your roof and pin you to the ground.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:18 am
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel

Actually, I have NFS:Underground 2 and Most Wanted. They both have sticky cars, and Most Wanted has ******** 18-wheelers. If you rear-end a car carrier it'll dump cars on your roof and pin you to the ground.

I don't remember any 18'ers in Most Wanted...  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:37 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel

I don't remember any 18'ers in Most Wanted...
Maybe you didn't drive the highways much. There was one with a box high enough that you could duck under it if you were REALLY good (and one drag race required that), one was a car carrier that would dump two or three cars in the road if you rear-ended it, and one was a log truck that would dump logs off the side if you hit it at all.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:16 pm
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel

Have you played Need for Speed II SE? You ******** launch little cars. And since they are indestructible you can have one still flipping down kilometers later. And only the larger vehicles might cause you to have to reverse. It's the environment that ******** you over worse at times.

Underground 2, was just meh. Only the drift/drag races really set it apart.

Most Wanted, was pretty good the car physics were like that so you could obliterate opponents and cop cars. The lesson is, don't hit the other cars. Use cheap shots to obliterate others. :3 I was saved by many an car carrier in it.

Still beats a driving sim game which is a LOT worse for unforgiving physics. But I still cheap shot all the same. The only difference is, is that by the end I may be going 40km/hr and the rest are going 5km/hr.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:11 pm
magmayoshi
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel

Have you played Need for Speed II SE? You ******** launch little cars. And since they are indestructible you can have one still flipping down kilometers later. And only the larger vehicles might cause you to have to reverse. It's the environment that ******** you over worse at times.

Underground 2, was just meh. Only the drift/drag races really set it apart.

Most Wanted, was pretty good the car physics were like that so you could obliterate opponents and cop cars. The lesson is, don't hit the other cars. Use cheap shots to obliterate others. :3 I was saved by many an car carrier in it.

Still beats a driving sim game which is a LOT worse for unforgiving physics. But I still cheap shot all the same. The only difference is, is that by the end I may be going 40km/hr and the rest are going 5km/hr.
Nope, never even heard of that one.

I generally cop-rammed people. Front corner to rear tire. The rear end is light, so they spin out and smash into other cars, causing mayhem. Works real well against other racers, too. twisted  
Blabber

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff