Iron Sights - ******** batteries
View Results

The Lost Desperado

4,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:52 pm
I'm raised on iron sights and they're the most efficient ones.. I don't like the dependency of electronics..xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:34 pm
Fresnel
I'm gonna have to go with the ACOG here. A good ACOG has a wide FOV and doesn't get in the way of the iron sights either. It allows for a quick snap shot and doesn't require the same level of target awareness a laser does. You don't have to look and find your laser on the target, you have to find the target on your red dot. And the target is much easier to find than a tiny little dot on a moving target..
Also, it doesn't ******** use batteries. Are we forgetting that it's Tritium/ Fiber Optic- illuminated?  

Tier One OPERATOR

Tier One OPERATOR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:39 pm
ArmasTermin
Pssh, yeah, like I'm going to buy a sight for as much as I bought the gun. rofl
Honestly, that's about par for a high-quality rifle. Not so much on a pistol.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:51 pm
Horrified Survivor
Fresnel
I'm gonna have to go with the ACOG here. A good ACOG has a wide FOV and doesn't get in the way of the iron sights either. It allows for a quick snap shot and doesn't require the same level of target awareness a laser does. You don't have to look and find your laser on the target, you have to find the target on your red dot. And the target is much easier to find than a tiny little dot on a moving target..
Also, it doesn't ******** use batteries. Are we forgetting that it's Tritium/ Fiber Optic- illuminated?
I was thinking holographic, not ACOG. I can't stand Trijicon's Fiber-lit s**t. WAY too reflective. I can't even see through the damn thing!  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Tier One OPERATOR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:36 pm
Fresnel
Horrified Survivor
Fresnel
I was thinking holographic, not ACOG. I can't stand Trijicon's Fiber-lit s**t. WAY too reflective. I can't even see through the damn thing!
Well, there's the difference between the FO-lit mini sights, and the goddamn ACOG.

That is seriously the only weapon attachment that literally makes me horny.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:58 pm
Horrified Survivor
Fresnel
Horrified Survivor
Fresnel
Well, there's the difference between the FO-lit mini sights, and the goddamn ACOG.

Is there? I tried the little one that's meant to mount on a pistol and it pissed me the hell off. I could see MYSELF better than the target.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:18 pm
Red dot sight.
Preferably with both the dot AND the circle.

Lasers draw your attention away from where it should be, away from the very basic of aiming, and lots of people find they aren't the best for repeatable accuracy--they are more for self training.

Besides, I CAN shoot irons with a pistol alright, and after trying out an ACOG on a Predator Custom AR, I want one.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:30 pm
Fresnel
Horrified Survivor
Fresnel
Horrified Survivor
Fresnel

Is there? I tried the little one that's meant to mount on a pistol and it pissed me the hell off. I could see MYSELF better than the target.
Yeah, because it's not a single lens, but a full tubed scope where illumination just happens to be provided by fiber optics gathering ambient light and a tritium light source.  

Tier One OPERATOR

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:08 pm
laser sight  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:20 pm
Both tritium-inlaid BUIS and an ACOG, for a rifle.

Side arm, just tritium-inlaid iron sights. Because I'm significantly better at aiming a pistol with irons than a rifle. xp  

Shrantic

Tier One OPERATOR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:57 am
Rocky Sassoon

Side arm, just tritium-inlaid iron sights. Because I'm significantly better at aiming a pistol with irons than a rifle. xp
Most people are, or at least not willing to put all the s**t onto a pistol thatyou need to put a red dot onto it.

Anyway, tritium night sights on a rifle are cool, until you find that the rear lights blur to all s**t because of how close to your face they are. ******** blows, man.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:04 pm
On a rifle, probably go with a holographic, so long as I can get batteries for it. Pistol, laser sight. If I'm going to be using the pistol, it's going to be at close range where I can guarantee a hit. Shotgun, iron sights.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:02 am
Tier One OPERATOR
Rocky Sassoon

Most people are, or at least not willing to put all the s**t onto a pistol thatyou need to put a red dot onto it.

Anyway, tritium night sights on a rifle are cool, until you find that the rear lights blur to all s**t because of how close to your face they are. ******** blows, man.
Totally dropping down the moolah for a Docter someday. s**t is SO CASH.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:20 am
Fresnel
Tier One OPERATOR
Rocky Sassoon

I've heard nothing but good about an angle mounted Aimpoint Micro. When I build my SHTF SPR, I'll be looking at that from LaRue.  

Tier One OPERATOR

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:05 am
Tier One OPERATOR
Fresnel
Tier One OPERATOR
Rocky Sassoon

I've heard nothing but good about an angle mounted Aimpoint Micro. When I build my SHTF SPR, I'll be looking at that from LaRue.
Funny, I've heard NOTHING about it. xd  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces