Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
Religion? Anyone? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll soon to come. DON'T MESS WITH THE BUTTON
  I TOLD YOU NOT TO MESS WITH THE BUTTON.
View Results

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:22 pm
I guess I'll throw my two cents in.
After having experienced a few Christian Religions (Catholicism and LDS) and taking a Religions course in college, I have developed a hesitation towards labeling myself into any religion. See, I like a lot of the ideas, morals, beliefs, ect. that many religions have, but the problem I find is that we as people tend to deviate from the original meanings/messages of whatever entity our religion worships/follows/learns from/etc. We change things to suit our own needs, and eventually the original, good religion is warped by human nature. I guess...I can believe the messages, just not the people? Does that make sense?
I guess my beliefs are still very Christian and very LDS, so I don't mind being called that...I just feel I don't completely fit in with any religion in particular.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:39 pm
I'm a Taoist. I honestly, knowing full well I sound really uppity, find most large organized religions dangerous and thickskulled... That's just my opinion, though. Then again, once you watch Jesus Camp you start to question everything.  

Kalibration LTD

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:34 pm
Isaol-the-wolf
Erik
Oh, we all LOVE talking to preachers and question their beliefs.

Why would you love to question someone's beliefs?

I have a couple of good reasons.

Diana already mentioned one and so did Shoki.

Besides... the drama is steers is a great side salad in every conversation.

But put that aside and look at things this way; if we were given a brain, and the capability of critical thought, it's beacuse whoever or whatever granted it to us wants us to use it them.

People don't seem to be smart enough to think it over.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:48 pm
[-Erik-]
Isaol-the-wolf
Erik

But put that aside and look at things this way; if we were given a brain, and the capability of critical thought, it's beacuse whoever or whatever granted it to us wants us to use it them.

Also, questioning someone's beliefs doesn't always mean attacking them, which I think is what Isaol is meaning. Religious discussions and debates can be pretty thought-provoking and stimulating. However, I see a lot of people just flat out hate on someone for what they believe. Especially with any religion who uses missionaries...those poor people really get beat up on. I've seen people toss garbage out of their car at missionaries, for no reason.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:00 pm
shoki_de_nai
[-Erik-]
Isaol-the-wolf
Erik

Also, questioning someone's beliefs doesn't always mean attacking them, which I think is what Isaol is meaning. Religious discussions and debates can be pretty thought-provoking and stimulating. However, I see a lot of people just flat out hate on someone for what they believe. Especially with any religion who uses missionaries...those poor people really get beat up on. I've seen people toss garbage out of their car at missionaries, for no reason.

Well... missionaries are annoying.

And some people are just too short tempered :l

But inthe other hand, missionaries are annoying...

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:51 am
Those who dedicate themselves to a religion must always be under scrutiny, and they must always be ready to stand and deliver, to defend their religion and the deity who leads it against such scrutiny.

Yes, our questioning and needling can be malicious, I will not contest that, but it's their fault for not only not knowing anything about the religion they're representing, but also having such ludicrous beliefs in the first place. If someone told me that they believed in a fire breathing unicorn that delivered babies, you can be damn sure I'd ask why and then laugh at them for thinking such garbage.  

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:54 am
I feel that if someone invites him-/herself into your home, you have every right to scrutinize their beliefs.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:44 am
Because "scrutinizing" always means "trolling", right? People can never have polite and civilized conversations and/or debates; it's always gotta be rude, crude and obnoxious. rolleyes

A sincere question, Isaol: do you really think asking questions is a bad thing? Even if it's done in a polite manner? What makes you think that scrutiny is a bad thing? The definition is merely "to examine closely and minutely"; where in that definition does it say "in an aggressive manner"? Scrutiny can be aggressive, sure, but that's up to the person doing the scrutinizing, and not the action itself.

Although I'm not really sure why I'm bothering to respond; it's clear that you just want to piss people off.

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:18 am
Isaol-the-wolf
You should keep your "two cents," you need it.

Erik, it's what THEY believe in, you shouldn't feel the need to question them or regret the choice THEY make. Wether they're annoying or not you shouldn't sit there and provoke them to get upset like whenever they knock on your door. You said yourself that you love to sit there and question them to see if you can upset them. That's real life trolling right there.

I don't care what Diana has to say, she isn't a very valuable person, I know it's wrong to say that and I tried to find reasons not to think it but she's persistent. All she does is make snide side comments that she and I know are directed at me. She refuses to solve disputes like an adult. She then sends me a message calling me an a** and what my problem is after ignoring my message when I tried to find out what her problem was. She demands respect and doesn't feel the need to give it back because she thinks she's on a higher level than everyone else. She just waits for any excuse to "use her power" and threaten and try and control others.

Alright, listen up *****.

I don't think it's fair to be question (in an indirect way) by these missionaries without having the chance to question them myself. THEY are the ones testing just how much I am into my beliefs. Who do they think they are? Some higher force? I don't think so.
At the very moment they are inviting me to convert to their religion they are telling me my actuall beliefs are wrong. I consider that a personal attack, just not one worth my anger or a rude and obnoxious debate or "NO UR WRONG STFU".

What? Don't my beliefs count?

Now, I don't like provoking people. I never said I liked doing that, sure, I love how they react at my questions but my intention was never to provoke them, it's their fault that they are so close minded. The drama is just... something extra which I happen to love.

I know nothing about Diana, but she'll do something, and if you continue to accuse people of being rude, desconsiderate and intolerant I'll simply ask Diana to please lock this thread :l

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:12 pm
Encyclopedia Dramatica: Christian Furry xd  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:15 pm

Oohh, boy!

This furry Jesus fella is sure creepy.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:18 pm
Sunegami they clearly said they think it's fun to try and confuse them. The way they said it they made it seem like they are trying to be rude. You're right though Erik, the wrong ALL falls down upon me. It's my fault for misunderstanding, I was in wrong and no one else. I'm wrong for thinking it's wrong to question people's beliefs no matter what they are.

I do appreciate your point blank response, I'm not being sarcastic. But How can it be wrong to be intolerant of intolerance? I was upset how people were listed off what they were then saying how they love to try and confuse people with religions other than his or her's own religion.

Honestly though, sorry Erik. Mea Culpa.

As for Sunegami, I'm sorry, I don't know you, you're rarely on, or I just don't see you much. Anyway, I dont just want to piss people off, I never did, and I'm really upset that you think that. I'll delete what I said, although I'm afraid a simple sorry will not patch things up with you and me, but I want you to know I am sorry.

As for Diana, I'm sure she'll do something, lock a thread or censor things that everyone has already seen. I personally don't agree with locking, since I came here and looked through and saw locked threads and read their contents. I'm sure any new member wants to see things in a locked thread, they should be deleted for the sake of the guild. It's me and her that have a problem with each other. I'm sorry for trying to drag you into it Erik.

Isaol-the-wolf

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:38 pm
Isaol-the-wolf
Sunegami they clearly said they think it's fun to try and confuse them. The way they said it they made it seem like they are trying to be rude. You're right though Erik, the wrong ALL falls down upon me. It's my fault for misunderstanding, I was in wrong and no one else. I'm wrong for thinking it's wrong to question people's beliefs no matter what they are.

I do appreciate your point blank response, I'm not being sarcastic. But How can it be wrong to be intolerant of intolerance? I was upset how people were listed off what they were then saying how they love to try and confuse people with religions other than his or her's own religion.

Honestly though, sorry Erik. Mea Culpa.

As for Sunegami, I'm sorry, I don't know you, you're rarely on, or I just don't see you much. Anyway, I dont just want to piss people off, I never did, and I'm really upset that you think that. I'll delete what I said, although I'm afraid a simple sorry will not patch things up with you and me, but I want you to know I am sorry.

As for Diana, I'm sure she'll do something, lock a thread or censor things that everyone has already seen. I personally don't agree with locking, since I came here and looked through and saw locked threads and read their contents. I'm sure any new member wants to see things in a locked thread, they should be deleted for the sake of the guild. It's me and her that have a problem with each other. I'm sorry for trying to drag you into it Erik.

Well, the concept of tolerance itself is quite hypocritical. It's basically being intolerant to everything that is intolerance. However, intolerance doesn't mean being a p***k.

Sometimes is complicated, I know D:

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces