Submit

Rioque

Aged Entrepreneur

5,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:54 pm
Great! Just viewed the announcement. Could've added more effort into it but it's the first. I'm sure people will remember they were in an NFL Guild razz .

I donated some gold for this Guild to continue doing its best. I hope you do because I genuinely love the NFL & its fans.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:46 pm
We have absolutely no shortage of fund here at the NFL Guild, but feel free to donate anyway! Now if we could actually use those funds for more guild related stuff... =/  

Nyuupyon
Captain

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:42 am
Yeah, the funds are pretty useless. Forum creation and announcement barely burn a hole in the wallets of larger, more successful guilds. Captains should be able to withdraw money, and use it for prize money in guild events.

And yeah, 1000 gold for an announcement seems like kind of a ripoff (even though we can afford it, no problem). Wonder how the smaller, new, poorer guilds are handling that.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:02 am
The cost is proportional to the number of members. We have over 1700, so they charged us like 964 or something. Smaller guilds obviously would cost less.  

Nyuupyon
Captain

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:58 am
Nyu-kun
The cost is proportional to the number of members. We have over 1700, so they charged us like 964 or something. Smaller guilds obviously would cost less.

Oh, okay, that makes sense. Thought it was just a flat charge.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:56 pm
Dude-LAP
Yeah, the funds are pretty useless. Forum creation and announcement barely burn a hole in the wallets of larger, more successful guilds. Captains should be able to withdraw money, and use it for prize money in guild events.

And yeah, 1000 gold for an announcement seems like kind of a ripoff (even though we can afford it, no problem). Wonder how the smaller, new, poorer guilds are handling that.

yes, there is a pro-rating algorithm that takes care of how much a guild is charged. It is based on the number of members a guild has.  

diversaurus

Rioque

Aged Entrepreneur

5,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:56 pm
What about an official team fan thread. It can be under a Fan thread category. I know it's a lot to ask especially with 32 teams, but it's a great way to talk to other fans of the team. Maybe appoint members who will be in charge of the thread. All the latest news & stuff. Maybe find someone who can commit. I know this is wayyyyy too much to ask but maybe later on. Just suggesting ;-;  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:14 pm
rio_kid
What about an official team fan thread. It can be under a Fan thread category. I know it's a lot to ask especially with 32 teams, but it's a great way to talk to other fans of the team. Maybe appoint members who will be in charge of the thread. All the latest news & stuff. Maybe find someone who can commit. I know this is wayyyyy too much to ask but maybe later on. Just suggesting ;-;

It seems like a good idea, but there aren't really enough active members to have a serious group for each of the 32 different teams. Plus, it would require a lot of useless room for a separate "Fan" sub-forum, and a topic for each NFL team. But as long as you keep it pretty accurate and in-depth, I wouldn't mind if you members made [non-duplicated] topics about your favorite teams in the main forum. As you can see, that's already being done by some people. confused

The closest thing we have to that now is this topic, where people are currently discussing their favorite teams:

Favorite NFL Team  

Dude-LAP

Nyuupyon
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:58 pm
Past Guild Events is now available to the public.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:43 pm
Nyu-kun
Past Guild Events is now available to the public.

In the past, some people who missed their picks for the earlier games picked just the remaining games. Should we just lock the picks after 1:00pm est, to make sure there are no late picks or post edits?  

Dude-LAP

Nyuupyon
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:18 am
Rules state the picks close half an hour before kickoff of the first game. *shrugs* Learn to read the rules I think.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:14 am
Hey fellas. I'll donate to help with gold for prizes and stuff like that.  

miles18

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:25 pm
miles18
Hey fellas. I'll donate to help with gold for prizes and stuff like that.

Thanks for the thought, but you don't need to do that.

...Our guild is pretty set financially. Not filthy rich, but very well off. Also, the money in the guild bank account can only be used to open new forums/sub-forums and send out guild announcements. Unfortunately, the captains cannot withdraw any of that money, to hand out as prizes for events. confused  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:22 pm
I'm basically using my own money for prizes. Lol. Not that I really use it for anything else... Haha.  

Nyuupyon
Captain

Rioque

Aged Entrepreneur

5,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:30 am
Maybe decrease the members list...some of them arent even posting..or send out a warning?  
The NFL Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff