Reply Honk if you love reading!
Honkers Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IV801

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:36 pm
Hello I am a mother with the mission to instill the love of reading in my child. I think I'm doing well because she loves her books and her book self always gets something new. I love reading.My commute to work is an hour long and I get bus sick but I tried to read to help me pass the time and have manage to read some really good books. I know we always say don't judge a book by it's cover but to tell the truth I sometimes do and find that the covers that I like some turn out to be great books I would of never thought to read if not for the cover. I love Christopher Pike he was my favorite growin gup and still is, and I love adaptations of movies like the Resident Evil movies turn to books. A new movie is coming out but I am looking foward to there being a new book. I love anime, manga and lots of things so I hope to help this guild grow.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:33 pm

❝I'm a writer;❞

I had plan to post this some time ago, but I guess it's as they say: "Better late, than never." =3

First, I didn't really like reading much until Ivy801 up there and her younger siblings showed me what Manga & Anime was back when I was 11/12. Of course I had already loved Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Card Captor Sakura before I ever met them - I even came to find out I had previously watched a Sailor Moon episode back when it was on t.v. in the 90's - I was already watching an Inuyasha episode here and there too, my friends before then were always into DBZ as well.

Anyway, now that I have discovered a love for reading, and heighten my passion for writing, I'm all about getting my nieces and nephews - even adults into reading, especially after learning there are different ways, and outlets to find a way to discover one's liking/love for it!

After reading what this Guild was about and How it began, I'm truly inspired to have my own gatherings in the summer. Only sadly I'm a bit strapped for cash these days, and busy job hunting, so not only is it currently hard for me to get my hands on new books (my library card debt doesn't help much either - but I did return all the books!) but it may also be hard to get a good GAIAN turn-out to my "planned" gatherings, that are of course still needing A LOT of planning.

So there you have it, sorry I took so long to post in here, but I'll also be apologizing for some inactivity because I'm a little obsessed with ZOMG! right now too! wink

+
❝would you like to leave a message?❞

samoholic

Shameless Flatterer

11,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

PhycoSand2

6,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:12 pm
ello you can call me phyco, mr stranger, or anything else just ask ill say yes!!!

i get gbored very easly, i love to read, write, draw, paint, or take pics! any thing to do with art really!

im a manga/anime/vedio game geek!
i cant spell for the life of me so dont ask me too!
ima random person with why to much creativty and imagination
i wuve to muss with people, som e say im creepy but i think im loveable and sweetXD yeah right but i can act it!
oh thats another thing i love acting and playing my celow!

you can always get a good chat out of me, expasaly anything sceince, history, greel mytholgy or the peranormal! and dinosaurs/great white sharks! anything else just pm me or add me all are welcome!  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:56 pm
Hi, other guild people, I'm cairo107.
I am from a small town in the mountains, but the name of the town is top secret. I am currently a post-secondary student. I like reading, writing, music, movies, anime, manga, paranormal stuff, photography, art and hanging with friends.
My favorite author is Paul Doherty. Because it was one of his books that inspired me to read. My favorite genres are Mystery, and Historical Fiction, at this very moment. However, I am always looking for a good read. I'm a big supporter of literacy.  

cairo107

Les the Cat

1,900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:16 pm
Hello there, my name is Les ( I also answer to James or Iron Rose, long story there). I read. Lots. In fact, I have been told that my personal library, both hard copy and on my computer, contains more books than one person could possibly read in a lifetime. My goal is to prove them wrong. blaugh

I also write. Working on my first novel, tentatively entitled Damascus, it's a sci-fi, political thriller. I also write short stories. Dunno if this is allowed, but the only stuff I know people can find are my articles on Gather. However, working on some stuff to pop in the arena, soo...

Anything else you want to know, just ask!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:59 pm
Hello peoplez. My name is Seth but everyone calls me Fluffy for some odd reason. I love to read. I have too much books. I actually get fussed at for reading to much in school sweatdrop . I love to read almost anything in fantasy. I'm starting to make my own manga with the help of a couple of my friends. Feel free to ask me any questions.  

x-G r e e k n e s s-x

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100

xxEverBluexx

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:45 pm
Let's see...most people either call me Eternal or Blue and I'm 18. I'm almost OCD when it comes to books, in that I have one with me (and usually more then one) just about all the time. I'm into fantasy, though I still usually get it off the teen shelf. I also like theology, and manga, though the only genre I really won't read is horror or mystery. I'm trying to write a book, and I'm also into art, though you won't really find any of my work online. Last thing is I'm a pretty serious Christian, so that has a pretty big impact on me. Anyway, nice to meet you all. User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:55 pm
Ok introduction. Well then...

I'm Sarah, female, 23 and live in the state of North Carolina in the USA.
On Gaia I'm usually referred to as Green, Greenie, Crayon, Crayola or simply GC. Call me what you will. I was once called Strawberry...

Why I'm here. I have recently discovered that I love books. My life sucks so books help distract me. I had made a book thread in a guild I am a part of and it was going well for about a year but then it fell by the wayside and was forgotten. I was very sad. So I decided to look for book guilds. I found this and requested to join immediately and clearly was accepted.
I haven't looked around here much yet...but I shall.
When I was young, the first book I ever picked up was Redwall by Brian Jacques. I fell in love with it and couldn't put it down. I must've read that series about 6 times.
Only now do I come to the realization that I love books. I have kept a list of every book I own and of books I read during the years. I set goals and try to reach it every year. Since my life is near worthless, it gets me through.
When I was young my wish was to become a writer.

Anything else you wish to know...ask away...  

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

shadow tempyst

Fashionable Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:40 pm
I am formally known as shadster3751, but you guys may call me shadow, shad, shadster, whichever you prefer.
I enjoy reading manga(D.Gray Man!) and watching anime(Darker Than Black!) those two are just my favorite. I also like to write, rp here on gaia, draw, and of coarse read.
One important fact about moi is that I’m 100% band geek. I play the bass clarinet, bassoon, and any mallet instrument you shove in my face-the marimba being my favorite.
I have an avie art shop User Image
My favorite authors are Darren Shan, Rob Thurman, and Cassandra Clare.
If you ever just want to chat...PM me 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:21 pm
Hey all! I'm Cassie smile My favourite types of books are fantasy and sci-fi, but I really like physics books too, plus poetry! I love every language in all of their forms and I'm going to be an exchange student to Germany next year! If there's anything else you want to know, feel free to ask! smile  

Chieko A

Podium

Lonely Man-Lover

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:15 pm
I dont know how long I can keep talkig for, I like to keep my posts short. I guess thats one of the issues I have with roleplay >.<;

But I do love to read, The Count of MonteCristo has to be the best book of all time. Im not a big anime fan, although I do tend to watch Big O

Geeze, Im already running out of things to say...

Random comments rock. (:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:40 pm
I hope you get to read this

Hello People! *Honk*

My Name is Josh, I've been on gaia for over 3 years with the account iAmJoshT. Sadly, that was banned today for something I won't go in to depth about, even though I don't even remember doing it I must have a year ago or something. Anyway, I do love reading and once in school people thought I hacked the computer or something because I got 300% in English due to doing extra credit (X D). I'm Not actually a nerd, but reading and English comes easy to me for some reason.
I have an Xbox 360 and I play Xbox Live, I like Left 4 Dead, Halo, CoD, Ect. I even Pre Ordered Call Of Duty: Black Ops and Halo: Reach. Well, that's all I can think of for now, so I hope you all have a wonderful day!

*Honk*

before I....

Jc k0ed

_xTriBlackFlyingSheepsx_

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:24 pm
User Imagehi! i'm kinda shy but i get over it, my name is Rose and i am an avid book reader! i loooooove fantasy! i have read a lot of books and i can have a good conversation w book lovers :3 i'm very friendly to nice people and i'm always looking for friends so hit me up!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:43 pm
SHUSH!!! Mr. Azza is speaking...
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

hey! I'm Mr. Azza. I got my username from the pet name I'm alway's called by, I love fantasy books and to be completely honest I like it when they have a little romance or romantic intrest whee .

errrrrrrrrrrmm... I'm completely open to any book sugestion, I HAVE read twilight and I do not like it at all for the simple reason the writer can't write for s**t (5 pages describing a papper cut? fook that). I dabble in writing and you can see some of my extremly rough stuff in the arena so fell free to go check that out ^_^.

I think thats all, I'd be happy yo answer any questions anyone has mrgreen

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
...Okay you may speak now.

Airun Chaser

Lonely Player

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:52 pm
HONK!

Hello! I'm Kineka_the_Warrior, but you can simply call me Kineka. Or Jamie. Or give me a nickname, I don't mind =D.

I have an abnormal love for anything paranormal/supernatural, but I only believe it's real to a certain point. Mostly, I love science fiction and fantasy related books and stories. Except the Twilight Saga, and, just by reading some of these posts, a lot of people agree with me on that. Mr. azza is right, Stephanie Meyer can't write to save her life. She should take lessons from JK Rowling. Or, actually, Jo shouldn't be wasting her time with such a pathetic, immature figure.

In case you couldn't tell, my favorite books of all time are the Harry Potter books, and JK Rowling is my all time favorite author. I think she's absolutely amazing at what she does, but I'm so mad at her for killing my favorite people and ending it so soon (or so it seems). I am mostly pretty open to book suggestions, but if I take them, I won't read them for a while because I already have a bunch of books that I haven't even started yet that I got last Christmas. And I absolutely REFUSE to read any non-fiction, unless it's a biography of someone I admire, like I read Carnie Wilson's biographies and loved them. I don't like true stories because they can be incredibly dull and boring since there's no fantasy mixed in there, which I think adds a little adventure and excitement to the story.

I'm currently reading The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan for the first time, and I'm loving it so far. I normally don't like books in first person, I don't like to write in first person either, but this is an exception. I'm also rereading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for the third time. Gah I love that book, but not as much as Goblet of Fire heart heart heart heart .

Anyway, I hope I'll see some of you guys around! I'm kind of shy and quiet in person, but online, I could ramble forever on any subject that interests me, as long as people will listen. I love making new friends! =)

Honk if you love reading!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff