No, that's stupid.
  You should, but you know you won't.
View Results

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:27 pm
Has anyone used the Cold Steel polypropalene items? Like these:

http://budk.com/cold-steel-african-walking-stick/p/35 CS91WAS/c/6022/

http://budk.com/cold-steel-irish-blackthorn-walking-stick/p/35 CS91PBS/c/6022/

I wonder if they'd be viable to use. What's the regulation on these things? I can't imagine it being too strict. I mentioned drilling out the end of a walking stick and filling it with lead, but I don't know if I could actually do that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:43 pm
Response has dwindled. I am saddened.  

ArmasTermin

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:22 pm
Hmm, pretty cool.
The Irish one speaks to me personally.

I just saw an ad on the side.

BALLS OF STEEL!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:16 pm
The whole sitting a bottle of water in the sun for purification was mentioned earlier. I heard that heat and direct sunlight can cause plastics to release some of the chemicals into your drink. If this is true then you might want a glass jar.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:52 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
The whole sitting a bottle of water in the sun for purification was mentioned earlier. I heard that heat and direct sunlight can cause plastics to release some of the chemicals into your drink. If this is true then you might want a glass jar.
That's mostly a Lexan thing, and it just lowers your sperm count. TBH, I don't know why that's a NEGATIVE effect.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:59 am
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
That's mostly a Lexan thing, and it just lowers your sperm count. TBH, I don't know why that's a NEGATIVE effect.
Retarded children.  

Tier One OPERATOR

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:12 am
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
If it's leeching chemicals into the water then I wouldn't be surprised if it had other effects on the body. Those chemicals are coming into contact with essentially the whole digestive system and quite possibly could find a way into the circulatory system.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:51 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
If it's leeching chemicals into the water then I wouldn't be surprised if it had other effects on the body. Those chemicals are coming into contact with essentially the whole digestive system and quite possibly could find a way into the circulatory system.
They pumped this s**t into rats in doses that would make a human comatose, just like every other test they do, and all they came up with was lowered sperm count.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Barru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:43 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

Kidneys, they'll get pwnt.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:39 pm
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
They pumped this s**t into rats in doses that would make a human comatose, just like every other test they do, and all they came up with was lowered sperm count.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:28 am
Bump, because I'm considering this again, but with a bike (******** walking).

Anyone know any vagrancy laws?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:51 pm
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed,
but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance...

Boy Scout here; you'd have to know what the hell you are doing. When I go on a weekend camp-out, I bring everything, and we still have some luxuries waiting there for us. You'd possibly have to bring a little wagon with you to pull extra weight around.

Give me a moment and I will do the work for you on your calculations.

Ha, Math. A practical use for it.

... In Switzerland they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years
of democracy and peace, what did they produce? The cuckoo clock.

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:54 pm
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed,

Give me some more time on those answers. Fricken DirecTV internet shat out on me AGAIN.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:54 am
Chivalric Knight
Boy Scout here; you'd have to know what the hell you are doing. When I go on a weekend camp-out, I bring everything, and we still have some luxuries waiting there for us. You'd possibly have to bring a little wagon with you to pull extra weight around.
Another reason why I ******** hate the BSA. No goddamn idea how to rough it any more.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Okay, so I figured it out for you.

From the center of Kansas (Ellsworth) to the center of Colorado (Castle Rock) it it 406 miles. If you ride on a bike at, say, 10 mph (while pulling a wagon or something with gear), then it will take you approximately... 2436 minutes to get there. Which translates into... 1 day and 7 hours. So, with sleep stops, you'd get there in 2.5-3 days.

You're welcome.

@Fresnel: Fack you. I'm proud with what I do and know with Boy Scouts. ;D

Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff