RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:16 pm
Shaviv
I've been working on a couple of things - one a Metamorphosis-inspired horror trip, the other loosely inspired by the story background of Battletech and Poul Anderson's Ensign Flandry (which has hot tiger-aliens in it).

Hot tiger-aliens are fine with me. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:26 pm
My furry movie would involve lots of death, destruction, action, martial arts fight sequences, epic battles with millions of troops, awesome sword-on-sword battles, and everyone dies at the end.

So basically it would be a summer blockbuster done as a Shakespearean tragedy. ninja  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:06 pm
My furry movie would be copyrighted by me, with all rights owned by me. It would have lots of surface treatments with little depth and appeal to the most massive numbers of audiences possible so as to be a diluted shell of entertainment to be bought and watched for many years. After which, profits will be reinvested for sequels, spin-offs, and slightly different movies following a specific formula designed for max profits. ...Or in other words, just like all the other popular movies that are forgotten after they go to DVD. heart

I don't know what genre it would be in though. I expect an action flick, as the more seizure inducing explosions you have the more you draw in young male audiences. Once you have them hooked, you can produce movies that follow along their age group and appeal to them almost from cradle to grave. It's the McDonald's approach. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:02 pm
RyanJakobi
So I'm assuming you'd have toy tie-ins.

Your evil businessman avatar is so perfect for talking about this. xd

And yes, toy tie-ins, card games, video game knock offs, everything to squeeze another penny out of furries and mass audiences everywhere.

...It sounds evil, but that's because I'm making it sound that way. Most people never give a second thought about the media industry and how it really works anyway. Besides, it's win-win. People get entertained, and I get lots of money. Everyone's happy. 3nodding  

Garek Maxwell

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:36 am
O.O What's going on?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:44 pm
Isaol-the-wolf
O.O What's going on?

Talking about making furry movies :3  

CodyDudeTm

Desirable Fatcat

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Champion 300
  • Sausage Fest 200

Lime Kiss

Versatile Lover

4,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:27 pm
Oh Robin! x3 I just watched that movie a few weeks ago.. I'd forgotten how much I loved it. Him and Maid Marion are just so gorgeous! >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:19 pm
Wouldn't the mcdonalds approach also signify evil?  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Dimitri Luger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:32 pm
Hmm, well, I must say that disney did have quite a hand in my interest in all things furry, but so did the old WB cartoons, as well as many video games (mostly starfox or sonic...), anime, and old comics (again, sonic).  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:55 pm
I love all the disney movies that's awesome. biggrin
Yeah people have been saying that the furry thing didn't start till the 80's... Maybe a large group calture, but the basis of furry fandom has been around forever. Just look at the egyptions. eek Yeah they were so furries.  

Captain Joey Lickems

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:12 pm
Pixeliciousness
Wouldn't the mcdonalds approach also signify evil?

If you doubt the good, kind-hearted, caring of a giant mega-corporation bent on serving you food from cradle to grave, then check out this promotional flash game.

http://www.mcvideogame.com/

It's got Ronald! biggrin

Captain Joey Lickems
Yeah people have been saying that the furry thing didn't start till the 80's... Maybe a large group calture, but the basis of furry fandom has been around forever. Just look at the egyptions. eek Yeah they were so furries.

I wouldn't call them furries really.. They may have had many aspects that are associated with furries today. (I don't know, but I doubt we know whether or not Egyptians were "fans of anthropomorphic creatures", or were more serious and worshiped them or what.) The same could be said about Renaissance Artists, who made a whole bunch of weird creatures in their decor. I wouldn't consider them furries. They made art that happened to have anthropomorphic creatures. While this may be considered furry to some, for them it wasn't and was not the intent. ...unless they really really liked those things, but you can't know without asking them and they're long gone. razz

Here's some Renaissance Art...sorta... Well, depends on whether or not you talk about the Italian Renaissance or not.
http://bibliodyssey.blogspot.com/2007/07/ornamental-decoration-in-17th-century.html

Though in all fairness, they drew from classical sources for many of their creatures. Even under Gothic, some of the grotesques came from old pagan beliefs such as a very common depiction of an "tree man" ...Or something like that. Sometimes an old man with leaves coming out of or covering parts of his face.

http://www.stonecarver.com/jpeg/greenman.jpg
Here's an example I snagged, which may not be gothic at all, but it gives a picture to what I'm talking about.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:39 pm
I really get annoyed when people refer to animal based religions as being examples of long ago furry culture.

The fandom itself was not established till the end of the 70's, early 80's, but the subject of which the fandom is based has been around before civilization

Selene Aries

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:46 pm
Selene Aries
I really get annoyed when people refer to animal based religions as being examples of long ago furry culture.

Same here, actually. X3 It's like when you posted a while ago on the difference between "furry" and "funny animal". Or something. Not sure, but it still annoys me when people get terminology wrong.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:46 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom
If you use this definition then it gives a word to discribe a lot of past cultural atrabutes. Trust me I was with you guys not long ago. ... Till a friends once again won the argument.

All it means when they say it started in the 80's is that the word was created. They had no way to think of it before then. That would be like saying there were no hippies before the 60's. That's just stupid. The word hippy may be used for that time and thereafter, but that doesn't mean that before hand no one had those same ideas and beliefs.

Really people aren't as special as they are led to believe. *shurgs* Guess we just have to deal with it.  

Captain Joey Lickems

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces