Aging Gracefully Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you fear aging?
  I never really thought about it...
  Just a little, maybe.
  Not so much aging as running out of time.
  I fear aging more than death.
  I'm going to be such a cool elder! Rocking the silver hair, knowing more than anyone...
  Definate yes! I'm going to try to die young.
View Results

Death of Cool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:27 pm
Draco Vampir
Rellik San
I have no intention of ageing gracefully.

Mainly because I'm already physically aged beyond my years... mentally, more of an elastic band scale between acting 8 and 80.

That's pretty much me too.
However, I'll probably age well physically. My mother and birthfather both have aged fairly well, as have most of my blood relatives.

On the note of old goths aging, has anyone seen recent photos of Johnny Slut from Specimen? Dude still looks like he's in his 20s!

Olli Wisdom on the other hand looked like he was pushing 50 twenty five years ago, and is even worse now.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:46 pm
It's all in genetics I tells ya!  

Draco Vampir

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:20 pm
My step grandma is almost 80 and beautiful. I think at that age it's more about embracing nature. Letting one's hair grow long and gloriously white or silver and NOT wearing makeup. Old women who cake makeup on only succeed in making themselves look older and scary. Bathing is important and wearing clothing that is loose or bohemian. The most gracefully aged people I've met are usually at renaissance faires. Exercise is also extremely important. You wont develop a pouch if you actually have a regular work out routine and are just generally active.

I'm afraid of getting old. I think that's mostly because I feel like I haven't really lived yet. I've spent most of my life bored at school and not actually experiencing life. I don't want to grow old or die before getting to live my life.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:19 pm
I have no clue what my mother's parents (or any side of that family) looks like, due to her closed adoption. So...dunno how I'll end up there.
But the males in my dad's family age decently, depends on how active they are.
I'll probably start balding in my mid 30's (SADNESS, I spike my hair frequently and that'll suck when balding). Just gotta keep my blood pressure in check and I'll be alright for the most part.

As for what I'll be wearing? I have no clue. I buy Tripp pants (as long as they have zip off bottoms) or shorts because of the pockets, bagginess, and comfort year round. I don't wear pants, even in the winter. As for t-shirts, I have an odd assortment, but I stick mainly to black at all times.

I'll probably wear stuff like this my entire life. I might drop the tripp pants as soon as I can find another company who makes plain black shorts EXACTLY the same as tripp, but without all the d-rings and stuff on them.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

Gore Shock

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:04 pm
Im shallow and I dont care.
I fully intend on embracing plastic surgery.
I.Do.Not.Want.To.Get.Old.

As for how Ill dress, my main styles are corp goth and kinda skanky.
So Ill layoff the skank, and then what I wear currently is already acceptable, so I dont much have to worry about it.
I think makeup can be worn the same no matter what age, it really just depends on application.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:00 am
as someone who is older than the average gaian age (just take my word for it) i'm rather enjoying aging.

for whoever said they had no fear of aging because of how well your parents have aged: nurture trumps genetics every time. if you want to age well (in the physical sense) you have to do the work to make sure you do.  

deja nous

xX Lord Despair Xx

5,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:48 pm
I cannot say what I think about aging, but I do know that if it is meant to be, then I will welcome it. However, I know it will not happen any time soon as I am only eighteen years old.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:14 pm
The art of aging gracefully is all in one's attitude and the way one takes care of oneself.

The platitudes of exercise, avoiding drugs/alcohol, and eating right certainly apply.

I do not fear aging. I consider it a gift to be granted so much time.

I cherish the elderly people that I know, and I am very honoured when they share their past and their knowledge with me.

I am greatly disturbed by those who have no respect for those who are older.

It is here that America has completely failed as a culture.

MortSanglant

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:29 pm
I would like to clarify something I said earlier in this thread. I do not fear aging and becoming old. I fear looking back on my life and have done nothing.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:48 pm
Revolution is a young man's game (even though I'm a woman), so in that sense I don't want to be old and unchanging in my views, thinking that I am right just because I am old.
I hope I keep my mind open to new ideas as I age. I think I will.

Also- life is a banquet and Death is desert!

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

the_underworks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:46 am
spooky_sez
Revolution is a young man's game (even though I'm a woman), so in that sense I don't want to be old and unchanging in my views, thinking that I am right just because I am old.

I read somewhere that becoming narrow minded is a normal aging process. Never the less not all old people are a bunch of useless old narrow minded farts/hags. That theory was used to explain why the Vatican only "appoints" a new pope once they start using a cane and peeing in a plastic bag and the other one is dead. They fear just fear change in their religion.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:36 pm
the_underworks
spooky_sez

I read somewhere that becoming narrow minded is a normal aging process. Never the less not all old people are a bunch of useless old narrow minded farts/hags. That theory was used to explain why the Vatican only "appoints" a new pope once they start using a cane and peeing in a plastic bag and the other one is dead. They fear just fear change in their religion.

George Carlin is a great example of the kind of oldie I want to be. Still passionate about the things he believed in, still pissed off at the system which ******** people, but still had a sense of humour!  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

the_underworks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:03 pm
spooky_sez
the_underworks
spooky_sez

George Carlin is a great example of the kind of oldie I want to be. Still passionate about the things he believed in, still pissed off at the system which ******** people, but still had a sense of humour!
Amen  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:03 am
gonk m getting oldddddd  

xXbandagedkneeXx

7,350 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff