Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
How did you find your Patron? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:16 am
Artistic Genocide
thanks! =3 i actually didn't know that. >_>' I love new info.xD
also, where did you get homeric Hymn from? was it a book or website?
and i actually love that website.xD

Website. Googled it wink

I used a hymn to Persephone in a spring ritual last year and it went wonderfully. Greek-inclined Pagans are really lucky that they have sources like that; you should use 'em as much as possible wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:35 pm
Honestly because I have begune to make a shift from my families practice of witch craft in eclectic paganism I do not have a parton(s) at the moment.
And I am not sure how to go about that even when I finally figure out my path and settle my new faith for myself.
Also...isn't your partron intended to find you...not the other way around?
Or do I have the wrong?

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

Artistic Genocide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:21 pm
iHecate
Honestly because I have begune to make a shift from my families practice of witch craft in eclectic paganism I do not have a parton(s) at the moment.
And I am not sure how to go about that even when I finally figure out my path and settle my new faith for myself.
Or do I have the wrong?

I believe it can work either way. well...sort of.

What i think happens when people go looking and find a patron, really that said patron has been giving you signs all along. you just haven't been paying attention to them. xD

At least, that';s kind of what i realized happened to me.xD  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:24 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Artistic Genocide
thanks! =3 i actually didn't know that. >_>' I love new info.xD
also, where did you get homeric Hymn from? was it a book or website?
and i actually love that website.xD

Website. Googled it wink

I used a hymn to Persephone in a spring ritual last year and it went wonderfully. Greek-inclined Pagans are really lucky that they have sources like that; you should use 'em as much as possible wink

I friggin love google.xD so much useful info. But sometimes it useless info. you have to sift through it all.xD

We really are lucky, in all honesty, because of that. You even get a taste of it in some schools as a kid. wink
And i try to use the resources as often as possible. But it's actually harder then i thought to find the books on the greek religion without having to order then off the internet.-_-'  

Artistic Genocide

Aryain Flames

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:07 pm
I found my Patron Goddess completely by accident, actually. I had been reading about patrons and the like before I went to bed, and then that night, I had an incredibally vivid dream. It was quite long, and rather difficult to explain, but the part I remembered most clearly when I woke up was a mural of a mermaid of incredibal beauty. The mural came to life, and she caressed my face with her hand. Then she disappeared. The next morning, I did some research and found that the goddess Atargatis looked almost exactly like the mermaid in my dream. So I did some further research and found that all of the legends about her feel very right to me. Since then, I have had many dreams about mermaids, and feel that I was right in my decision. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:39 pm
Artistic Genocide
iHecate
Or do I have the wrong?

I believe it can work either way. well...sort of.

What i think happens when people go looking and find a patron, really that said patron has been giving you signs all along. you just haven't been paying attention to them. xD

At least, that';s kind of what i realized happened to me.xD

Hahah deary me.
I see, well I am still looking.

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

Topaz4293

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:32 pm
I think I found my Patron, I was very depressed because my parents were in a huge fight (beating eachother, cussing, the whole 9 yards) and I decided to go for a walk to my favorite place in the woods where I do all of my meditating. Wile I was walking and muttering a good luck spell to see if I could increase my chance of the fight being over by the time I got home, my familiar( I'm not sure what she is but she follows me around and helps me alot) stoped and called for me so I looked twards her. she simply pointed ahead and I turned to look and there was a tall woman with mid length hair, greek clothes, Holding a peacock. She smiled and told me her name was Juno (she actualy encouraged me to post) then sat with me and taught me a protection spell, she said to use it when my folks fight again, when she was finished teaching me she told me to hurry and go home now because my folks were worried about me (it was around 11:35pm) when I got home my parents were in eachothers arms kissing and acting like the fight had never happened. they haven't fought since.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:57 pm
Isn't Juno Roman? If so, why would she be wearing Greek attire?  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Topaz4293

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:48 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
no clue, mabey she's both Hera and Juno. they're both represented by a Peacock. as I said I wasn't sure if se is my Patron or not. I'm so confused @.@  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:58 pm
Topaz4293
Violet Song jat Shariff
no clue, mabey she's both Hera and Juno. they're both represented by a Peacock. as I said I wasn't sure if se is my Patron or not. I'm so confused @.@

You would probably benefit from a bit more research on Juno and Hecate wink .
The Theoi Project will be helpful with Hecate.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Topaz4293

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Topaz4293
Violet Song jat Shariff

You would probably benefit from a bit more research on Juno and Hecate wink .
The Theoi Project will be helpful with Hecate.
Thank you.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:40 pm
I'm trying to find my patron. I keep having a vision of this black haired woman...she always appears at night...sometimes she has a crow on her shoulder. Sometimes not. Her outfit varies. Sometimes she's wearing a gown, sometimes all I can see is a cloak.
Any help would be great.

Edit: Every time she sees me, she addresses me as "My child"  

Unusual Inescapable Me

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:58 pm
Okay.. So I see lots of people have said about how they've had a god/dess come to them.. but how do you know it's your patron/matron?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:03 am
kage no neko
Okay.. So I see lots of people have said about how they've had a god/dess come to them.. but how do you know it's your patron/matron?

The idea is that it's a particular sort of relationship. You feel bound to that deity, to serve them specifically. A call to service - whatever that service ends up being. Intense emotion. Although, I suspect one can be wrong.

I personally don't use the term "matron" because the role of a matron is very different to that of a patron. Just, you know, from the meanings of the words. A patron is not a father-figure, it's a role of patronage. (I mean, a deity might take on that role, but that's not why we use the term.) So why use the term "matron"?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games