Bit Rushed? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Half-Blood Prince a rushed book?
  Yes, that's what I felt
  Kind of, but I think that's cuz I read it too fast >_<
  Nope; it was just as good as the rest of 'em!!
  GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!! >:D
View Results

Reb_love18

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:33 pm
I loved it exclaim  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:49 pm
al06lax
I think it brilliant ^__^!
Brilliant? Yes it was!  

covo

Badger Mule

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:34 pm
It was a bit rushed, I think it should have been at least 900 pages. It was shorter then the Order of the Pheonix, which dissapointed me. All of her books have been increasing in pages until the 6th one.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:37 am
Noctis_Crucis
Alright, now I know everyone has read the 6th book: But what did you think of it?! I thought it lacked the creative passion that the other books thrived on. It just seemed to me like the book was a bit rushed....but is it just me?

Give me your thoughts!

*NC*

yeah, it was the weakest so far...i dont think it was that rushed..i think the 4th movie was a bit rushed in the beginning though..  

camouflage_girl

evy_writer

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:09 am
well, it is my fav so far besides GOF and POA. but beyond that, sometimes I did feel a bit rushed, but JK said that it came out just the way she wanted it to though some others she said didnt. so i guess we'll all have to differ on opinions. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:09 am
I liked the book, but I agree some parts were a tad bit too rushed for my liking.  

x Amethyst Rose x

The Weeping Willow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:29 pm
I'm a slow reader crying but I'm sure I'm not the only one sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:32 pm
camouflage_girl
Noctis_Crucis
Alright, now I know everyone has read the 6th book: But what did you think of it?! I thought it lacked the creative passion that the other books thrived on. It just seemed to me like the book was a bit rushed....but is it just me?

Give me your thoughts!

*NC*

yeah, it was the weakest so far...i dont think it was that rushed..i think the 4th movie was a bit rushed in the beginning though..
i think the whole movie was rushed.  

The Weeping Willow

Nachttoter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:29 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:27 am
i think you're right. i think she just wrote it for the sake of writing the next book... but why would she do that? pressure from the publishers? from the readers? from the media? or maybe she just lost her touch... i really don't know what... i still think book 4 is the best! it has the thickest plot and a nice twist in the story...

i really hope there will be more than 7 books.. if you think about it, how would harry defeat voldemort in just one book (a span of ONE year!)...

what do you guys think?  

Da_Pretender

Minty Sandwich

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:52 pm
I think HBP was simply a book to give the readers all the backstory they needed for book 7. Oh, and it also gained purpose in killing off Dumbledore. Either way, I'm happy we got the backstory before Book 7.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:36 pm
It was different and did seem to go fast. But I still really enjoyed it.  

Fleur Evette

DivineBlindSoul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:42 pm
shoushirei
From a literary point of view, the sixth book was TERRIBLE.

... I hated it. But I loved it simply because it was ANOTHER BOOK (you know what I'm saying). It's so ironic.

I just felt that JK totally half-assed this book. I think she's losing interest in the HP universe (I would too, if I wrote it!) and therefore didn't put as much as she could've into this book.

And her attempt at adding romance was simply AWFUL. *cringes at "The-Beast-in-Harry's-Stomache"*

I completely beg to differ. Have you ever taken a writing class? That book was not "terrible", in fact I really thought that it was fantastic. Perhaps you should take a writing class. She keeps true to her style and that is amazing. She uses a true voice when writing and you cannot say that that is awful.

I completely disagree with the statement that she "totally half-assed this book". You try adding all of the stuff that she did and come out better, I don't think that you would even come close.

Also, her "attempt" at adding romance was not feeble, what did you want...a smut book? I think that she depicted teenage romance quite well.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:24 pm
I think that she put a lot of just backround information.... not a lot of action (except towards the end)  

[ Liquid Fantasy ]

pixiedust_12345

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:27 am
it ticked me off because i dont think dumbledor died and i still dont think that sirius is dead either.  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff