Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

have u seen it yet?
  yep
  nopee...
View Results

Badger Mule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:51 am
I liked it except for all the parts that they left out which confused people who didn't actually read the books, like my dad and sister.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:55 am
I've seen it twice now, It was even better the second time. xd  

covo

SydBarrett16

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:09 pm
It was a really good movie. I saw it opening day and the next day. Not as good as book but still really good good effects hermione eek freaking hot. Left out some things but not really important overall give it a 11 out of 10 freaking rocked  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:39 pm
I just saw the movie last Wednesday, and I have to say I was really disappointed. They left out all of the important little subplots, like Rita being an Animagus and the house-elves not in the movie at all. I felt like the whole movie was really just about sex, which is definitely not what the book was about. And what the *bleep* was up with the Quidditch World Cup? It was not that violent in the book, and they completely left out the match! I feel really upset at the filmmaking and the movie as a whole, it definitely didn't live up to the book and people who haven't read the books wouldn't understand what the heck was going on for pretty much the entire movie. I hope that the new director actually comprehends what goes on in the fifth book and doesn't completely ruin it. *violent stream of swear words in frustration*  

mscarrieb

darkzumi

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:59 pm
The new movie rocks! I especially like the scene of Voldemort's return, that ritual they did was evil! I like this movie the best so far because of the action it has! I also like how Cedric died, more bloodshed!!! twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:30 pm
xtc.laoz
hey has anyone seeeenn iiittt??!?! LOLL i already did a few hours ago. i went to da movies with my friend, and her b/f. haha da movies soooo ggooodddd, but da ending sucked a bit too. sad because cedric died, because of voldemort, and harry DIDN'T EVEN defeat voldemort in a duel, all he did was just escape from him because of his parents, and cedric's soul. they didn't even show draco too much! cry crying dats just saadd... O ANDD YEAHHH at da yule ball, hermioness sooooo prreettyyy, but cho chang, people say she's pretty, but she's just ok. anyways, DIS MOVIESS KRAAAZZIEEIRRR DEN DA LAST ONESS!! it's more dangerous, adventurous, action-packed and funnier den da last 3 ones. 3nodding

sweetie, im sure everyone's dying to know, HAVE YOU READ THE BOOK? there are three more books after this one, of course Harry didn't defeat Voldemort in the fourth one, cus then the series would be OVER. and Cedric died in the book, therefore he had to die in the movie in order to set up for the fifth book. And Draco wasn't in the movie as much because he wasn't in the book very much. Im done now.  

mscarrieb

erit_99mx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:46 pm
i like it, but why they dont show the quidditch match? and that edition... scream hope that in the dvd put that erased scenes!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:06 am
im going 2 c it soon  

windy_star

winnter_spirals

Friendly Shapeshifter

12,550 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Trickster 100
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:58 am
i loved the movie biggrin i'm a Harry Potter fanatic biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:29 am
LadyNyaruInfinity
I have seen the movie and found it quite good, but I was a bit disappointed. It had taken several events and clue out that are important. They took out characters such as: Molly, Percy (important), Bill, Charlie, Winky (important), Dobby (semi important), Ludo (semi important), Narcissa, Bellatrix, Rodolphus, Rabastan, and much more! They took out scenes such as when they take Harry to the Burrow, Hearing about the lady from the ministry that went missing, The twins betting against Ludo, the Quidditch World Cup Game, The confrontation with Winky, Running into Malfoy in the forest, Maximine denying being part giant, Rita being an animagus, The Sphinx, The blast ended skewrts, Igor and Snape in the Rose Garden, heart Snape in his nightshirt heart crying , Moody implying about Snape's mark, etc. AND the ONE thing that REALLY ticked me off was that they had WORMTAIL kill Cedric! How is his form supposed to come out of Voldemorts wand if Wormtail kills him!? Another thing I didn't like was that the flow scene to scene was quite choppy or jumpy, and it took a while to realise where the story was at. I as well as others were like: "What the heck!? What part is this?! ....Oh! I see..."

BUT, despite all that, I found the movie enjoyable none the less. It was fun to watch, as it had quite a few hilarious moments. I reccomend seeing it, but only with an open mind. It ruins it if you just compare it to the book.

I agree that those parts they missed out were important to the storyline, but in the book, wormtail killed cedric aswell...i remember voldy saying "kill the spare" in the book! maybe he just used voldys wand to do it... I was so upset that dobby and winky didnt make an appearance!  

Eikothewerewolf

Pow in the Wow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:37 pm
mscarrieb
xtc.laoz
hey has anyone seeeenn iiittt??!?! LOLL i already did a few hours ago. i went to da movies with my friend, and her b/f. haha da movies soooo ggooodddd, but da ending sucked a bit too. sad because cedric died, because of voldemort, and harry DIDN'T EVEN defeat voldemort in a duel, all he did was just escape from him because of his parents, and cedric's soul. they didn't even show draco too much! cry crying dats just saadd... O ANDD YEAHHH at da yule ball, hermioness sooooo prreettyyy, but cho chang, people say she's pretty, but she's just ok. anyways, DIS MOVIESS KRAAAZZIEEIRRR DEN DA LAST ONESS!! it's more dangerous, adventurous, action-packed and funnier den da last 3 ones. 3nodding

sweetie, im sure everyone's dying to know, HAVE YOU READ THE BOOK? there are three more books after this one, of course Harry didn't defeat Voldemort in the fourth one, cus then the series would be OVER. and Cedric died in the book, therefore he had to die in the movie in order to set up for the fifth book. And Draco wasn't in the movie as much because he wasn't in the book very much. Im done now.

yeah i know, but don't u hate it if ur favourite character doesn't show very much in movies and such, ur dies? well harry can defeat voldemort buyt he can just come back to life, and da series won't be over by dat! and yeah........  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:34 am
Well, I finally saw the movie, and this is my verdict: IT ROCKS!!!!
The only people who should be watching it anyway are people who've read the books and want to see it visualized right before them. If one hasn't read the books, they definitely won't understand the movies, since the movies don't explain things HALF as good as they should. Thus, as a movie in and of itself, it stinks like bantha fodder. But as a Harry Potter movie, it's the best of them all.
I actually don't mind too much about most of the things they left out. I mean, it's understandable that they'd leave out the World Cup and stuff. The only thing I wish they'd kept in was saying outright that Hagrid and Maxime are half-giants. Oh...I hope they even have Grawp at all in the next movie! You don't really NEED to know that Rita Skeeter's an Animagus; it's not a mystery how she knows any of the things she writes about in the movie (as in, she interviewed Harry personally and was there when Hermione pounced on Harry before the First Task). But I'm glad they had the ferret scene, and I suppose Malfoy wasn't all that prominent.
I LOVED Voldemort's return!! He looks SOOOOO creepy and cool!!!! A lot better than the way I'd imagined him. And he has a high-pitched enough voice that if we ever hear him laugh, it'll do the same to us as anyone in the books: make our hair stand on end. And I'm pretty sure that Wormtail killed Cedric with Voldemort's wand; how else would Cedric's ghost come out? And is it just me, or do you think that Harry's parents in the movie just might be played by Daniel Radcliffe's actual parents? They sure look a lot alike...
The whole duel between Voldy-Moldy and Harry was PRECISELY the way I'd imagined it, so I thought that was really good. And I cried when Harry came back to Hogwarts and was sobbing over Cedric's dead body. It makes it a lot more real and sad in the movie than it was in the books.
And personally, I liked the little scene at the end with Dumbledore. "I burned these curtains in my fourth year. By accident, of course."
Anyway, that's my rant ^_^  

Griselda Banks

Doveglion1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:33 pm
foxowl
does it live up to the book? I havent seen it yet and I wont until after December 10th
it was good, but if your going to see a replica of the book you won't be too happy! They change a lot! Personally I loved it! I saw it 3 times.. so biggrin xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:02 pm
the movie was really good but i can say that im kinda disappointed sad cause its not like the book...but its full with adventure and i like it a lot....hermione was beautiful!!!hey ,do u like viktor krum?cause some of my friends think he is awesome...ive seen more handsome bulgarians that him,but he is ok...what do u think? question  

Mika Namazaki

Riku Stratus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:01 pm
I saw it opening day. the movie was as said before, brilliant.  
The Harry Potter Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff