Submit

Bacon?
  Oh, yes, please.
  Not my thing.
  OMG THOSE POOR ANIMALS!!
View Results

Shaviv

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:16 pm
Meat can be nice, but it can also be total crap. Also it's more expensive than plants. So - I save my meat-eating for special occasions. So they'll be more special.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:14 pm
Ahkmill
shoki_de_nai
Ahkmill
shoki_de_nai
Ahkmill
They may have sad lives, but they taste delicious~

I won't deny this. However, after going so long without any meat I really don't even have a taste for it anymore.

I don't know whether to congratulate you or just freak out. I couldn't go a day without meat. xDDD

I get told that a lot. Which to me just emphasizes how much meat is overeaten.

Well, until we have a mass shortage of cattle, I'm still eatin' ma' steak. :3

Enjoy. It doesn't bother me when other people eat meat. You put what you want into your body, and I'll put what I want into mine.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:22 pm
shoki_de_nai
Ahkmill

Enjoy. It doesn't bother me when other people eat meat. You put what you want into your body, and I'll put what I want into mine.

I'd also like to add to that.

Be aware that if your diet is composed heavily of meat, you won't likely live very long. Meat is generally fatty, high in cholesterol, and very salty. This varies between meats and how they're prepared, but generally this is true. This is especially true when compared to vegetables, fruit, even nuts that aren't overly salted. (They can be worse than meat sometimes in salt content...)

This doesn't mean you can't eat meat or shouldn't. Just be aware that by diet high in meat you're setting yourself up for a shorter lifespan. I will say it's not a guarantee to a shorter life, but you decrease your chances significantly by doing this. Plus, you set yourself up for a good chance at a lower quality of life later on with things like diabetes and high risk for heart attacks regularly.

As I say often, go ahead, eat meat, enjoy the hell out of it. Just don't make your entire diet consist of it. You really are only supposed to get a very small amount daily.

...And this doesn't even get into the environmental destruction to support the high meat dietary habits of people in industrialized countries. (Which is funny, because you can actually support the production of more food on a low meat diet than you could with a high meat diet.)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:16 am
[-Erik-]
I dunno you, but I love it.

Why is it so f*cking tasty? mad

What are your thoughts on eating tasty animals?
Like it? Think it's wrooooong? What is your diet based on?
Bacon is tasty because it's fried and greasy like KFC, it'll be the death of us, but it'll be a tasty death whee  

Alex Jace

Distinct Hunter

5,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Informer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

L Ahkmill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:30 am
Garek Maxwell
shoki_de_nai
Ahkmill

Be aware that if your diet is composed heavily of meat, you won't likely live very long.

Gabriel Iglesias
I don't wanna live long if I can't eat tacos.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:44 am
Ahkmill
Garek Maxwell
shoki_de_nai
Ahkmill

Be aware that if your diet is composed heavily of meat, you won't likely live very long.

Gabriel Iglesias
I don't wanna live long if I can't eat tacos.

Amen.... ;o;

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Luke_Wolf314

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:18 pm
Garek Maxwell

This is not an herbivore specific issue, and carnivores as well as omnivores are just as much capable of doing the same thing.

Oh I know that, I actually use this opinion to show that both extremes are bad, and that balance as always is the proper choice. It's just so very few people are willing to take the side of the Carnivorous extreme of thing that when I have to deal with Vegetarians who think they have any moral superiority whatsoever I take it. Which Is why while I can stand those who just plain don't like the taste of meat, those who think they have better morals and then straight out turn around and prove they don't by playing for power by trying to hold it over people just annoy me.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:43 am
Okay, now this is just badass.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=124&t=423961  

L Ahkmill

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:36 pm
How can vegetarians say they are helping the environment if they keep EATING ALL THE PLANTS?

Me, I prefer a little meat too. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:53 pm
RyanJakobi
How can vegetarians say they are helping the environment if they keep EATING ALL THE PLANTS?

It takes more plants to support a cow to eat than to just eat the plants themselves. That's the jist of it anyway.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I think you need almost double the land to support a cow than a human. ...I think. I could be wrong and it may be a little less or more than that.  

Garek Maxwell

L Ahkmill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:02 pm
Garek Maxwell
RyanJakobi

It takes more plants to support a cow to eat than to just eat the plants themselves. That's the jist of it anyway.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I think you need almost double the land to support a cow than a human. ...I think. I could be wrong and it may be a little less or more than that.

However, if we didn't eat the cows, their would be a bunch of cows AND humans eating the plants.

If we munch the cows, we control how much the cows eat as well. It's hard to eat when you've been eaten.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:19 pm
Ahkmill
However, if we didn't eat the cows, their would be a bunch of cows AND humans eating the plants.

If we munch the cows, we control how much the cows eat as well. It's hard to eat when you've been eaten.

...Again, What?

You have to grow the damn cow to eat it, so you're using more land to eat them anyway. If you're going to eat the cow, you're going to have to grow one first. It's pointless to eat baby cows because there's little, if no meat on them and you still have to feed and take care of two other cows just to support the production of new baby cows. Either way you're still using more land than if you just shoved the grass into your own mouth.

Is your solution to the energy crisis just to burn up more fossil fuels so there will be none sooner, rather than to invest and research alternative sources so you don't have a complete crash? confused  

Garek Maxwell

Af Mas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:30 pm
Moral highground much?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:38 pm
Af Mas
Moral highground much?

I had no idea stating facts was being on moral highground. Good to know.

If you paid any attention, you'd notice I never once talked about the morals of it. I never said it was right or wrong, just that you needed more land to raise a cow for food than to just use the land for crops.

Let me be clear, you can do this as much as you want when there's land for this. However, when farmable land runs out, that's it, you can't raise more cattleand you either have to make a choice between making less food through meat production or more food through certain forms of crop production. Most likely, wheat would be used.

It's as simple as that. So if the population stays low enough, and cities don't grow ever outward reducing farmland, then things are okay. ...Unless you don't mind bulldozing forests for more farmland. I can see that being a bit of a moral high ground argument though. Depends. I mean, really, who needs all that wildlife anyway? All it does is get in the way of our cows.  

Garek Maxwell

Af Mas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:49 pm
Excuse me then. Wrong choice of words.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items