Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Past Life Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Believe in past life
  Yes
  No
  I Know mine
View Results

Kuroshikaru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:25 am
Morgandria
I sumbit that one cannot follow advice if one doesn't properly know it.

The Rede is "An' it harm none, do as ye will". Nothing about being a rule there - rede means advice. And all it advises is that one may freely do what is not harmful. It is by no means a law, or even a tenet of Wicca, as the creation of Wicca predates the appearance of the Rede. There's nothing in there about other people's free will, either.

You are not a roleplaying character. Real life has no lines to toe, or alignment rules to bend, in regards to one's personal morality.
If you wish to say you are an amoral and thoughtless person who does what he wants on a whim, without regard for others, then say that. Not everyone is going to be able to get that from "Chaotic Neutral". And if you don't understand that that is what a Chaotic Neutral character is, then you don't properly understand alignment in AD&D.

No-one here has any obligation to agree with your UPG-based beliefs on reincarnation, spirits, 'Celestial Ones', demons, 'dimensional witches', past life memories, or whatever else you have. It's very nice that you believe it, but we don't and can't share that gnosis with you.

Yea bad memory sorry. Oh and I don't use magic freely and I do cear alot about other people even tho they do tend to pi** me off. I have flaws and I know this but I try to help and get what I want but I tend to sacrafice myself and what I want for others (which is kinda how I died in most of my past lives).

I'll give it my allat what ever it is that I may do. When I said ask why not it was going towards the threefold law and the harm none thing. I like to find ways around the threefold inorder to get what I want. In this lifetime I have not purpusely harmed anyone while with magic.

I have said it befor and will say it again, I do not have any means to have people believe what I say nor to join in on my side. I don't even wish to ng up sides here, nor the future. I wish not to change anyone in anyway. It is up to you to believe in and litsen to what I have said and may say in the future.

I know who they are and have met four of the ones that I have brought up. The celestial ones have tought me a little bit of what they knew, one of them teaching me all of it. The Great Dark One was sealed into my body in parts. When it was fully unsealed it tried to use me and since it couldn't take controll of my full powers it tried to make me kill my self. I meditated and deffeted it so that I could kick it out. I know that its not destroyed so I'm awaiting the last fight with it.

I wish not to challenge anyones beliefes and I don't mind that ya'll chalenge mine. all beliefes has some truth. And all have some lies or somthing missing. There is still quite a few things that is missing but I was told the same thing by both sides.

The future may be short but the road will be long so step wisely with an open mind and an ope heart.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:28 am
Yanueh
Kuroshikaru
Sorry about this its just how I say things. I usualy talk to people that know me and understands what I mean like what I say is truth others may not believe but I do thus it is my truth but what you believe is your truth. So when you think about it then isn't truth always changing?

They are not your truths. They are your beliefs.

Actual truth never changes. On the other hand, beliefs do, and this is often a good thing, especially if it's because new data has become available.

Quote:
I was told by some of the oldest beings and even have memories from that past that support this.

How do you know that those beings are truly what they claim to be? How do you know that your past life memories are truly past life memories? Really think about it. So far, a lot of your reasoning has been quite circular.

I understand what you say and I have to say that I was told by many a creature, god, and deamon. Both sides told me the same story. I swear on my bloodline and my magic that I am ever so sorry if I caused you any misconvinec.  

Kuroshikaru

Unusual Inescapable Me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:39 pm
Morgandria
SexyVampireStalker
I know a couple of mine. I remember one death, killed for being a witch. Go figure razz

...which in all likelihood means you were killed because you were unpopular, or someone wanted something you had.

Killing 'witches' in the Middle Ages had far more to do with envy and greed, than any actual witchcraft. Most accused 'witches' were only accused by people hoping to end their own torture, and earn a quick death, rather than a long drawn-out one.

Yes, I just thought it was rather funny.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:44 pm
I remember faces and sounds, but I don't actually remember by past life much.
I found a tarot card spread which is supposed to help you remember past lives, but I'm still a little unclear about myself back then.  

Sirrush_Grey

Rainbow Holocaust

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:08 pm
You guys are all so blessed. For the most part you all seem to have had either normal, or pleasant lives.

I have horrid, terrifying dreams occassionally, and my friends and I did a trick with light and mirror that revealed our past life to us, the most recent one. We all saw the same thing in the mirror, so we all know what each one of us saw.

I was a terrible man in my past life. I believe I was actually an SS Officer, which would explain my strange fascination with WWII history in Germany...

I feel revulsion thinking of what the Nazi's did, but it also felt so familiar.

I believe this is why so many things in my life are hard right now. And always will be. I was a terrible person in a past life and I belive I am paying for it now.

I should do a tarot reading on it, too..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:10 am
Rainbow Holocaust
You guys are all so blessed. For the most part you all seem to have had either normal, or pleasant lives.

I have horrid, terrifying dreams occassionally, and my friends and I did a trick with light and mirror that revealed our past life to us, the most recent one. We all saw the same thing in the mirror, so we all know what each one of us saw.

I was a terrible man in my past life. I believe I was actually an SS Officer, which would explain my strange fascination with WWII history in Germany...

I believe this is why so many things in my life are hard right now. And always will be. I was a terrible person in a past life and I belive I am paying for it now.

Can you tell me how to use the light and mirror for that purpose? The only things I have that struck me as a past life was a recurring dream that I've had as long as I can remember. Apparently I had two sons and was driving down the road when I crashed into a lake and killed them. I used to cry because I had killed them, but now I'm kinda over that.... That seems to be my most recent life and we found out who we think I might have been. I can actually draw what the road and lake looked like.....but I want to be sure, so please tell me how you did that.  

Arcaniss Vivian

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:42 pm
Arcaniss Vivian
Rainbow Holocaust

Can you tell me how to use the light and mirror for that purpose? The only things I have that struck me as a past life was a recurring dream that I've had as long as I can remember. Apparently I had two sons and was driving down the road when I crashed into a lake and killed them. I used to cry because I had killed them, but now I'm kinda over that.... That seems to be my most recent life and we found out who we think I might have been. I can actually draw what the road and lake looked like.....but I want to be sure, so please tell me how you did that.

Sounds like using a scrying mirror with a light source....or at least similar.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:42 pm
Arcaniss Vivian
Apparently I had two sons and was driving down the road when I crashed into a lake and killed them.

that would've been a fairly recent past life if you were driving, which brings me to a question for anyone who can provide insight. 3nodding

i don't think anyone can accurately say how long it takes for the soul to be reborn, i would assume it would be different for different individuals, but is there a common agreement on how long it may take? years, decades, centuries?  

whiporwill-o

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:15 am
whiporwill-o
Arcaniss Vivian
Apparently I had two sons and was driving down the road when I crashed into a lake and killed them.

that would've been a fairly recent past life if you were driving, which brings me to a question for anyone who can provide insight. 3nodding

i don't think anyone can accurately say how long it takes for the soul to be reborn, i would assume it would be different for different individuals, but is there a common agreement on how long it may take? years, decades, centuries?

I don't think there is a standard amount of time, really. Sometimes one generation passes, and another is born and the spirit transfers, if the person wants to stay in that family. Otherwise they stay as long or as little in the Summerlands as they require, and only move on when they desire to.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:54 pm
Morgandria
whiporwill-o
Arcaniss Vivian

I don't think there is a standard amount of time, really. Sometimes one generation passes, and another is born and the spirit transfers, if the person wants to stay in that family. Otherwise they stay as long or as little in the Summerlands as they require, and only move on when they desire to.

thank you, that makes sense.

slighty off topic, but still related to my question - do you think that spirits have the option to haunt? as in, can they choose whether they want to stay in a certain place after death?  

whiporwill-o

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:29 pm
whiporwill-o

slighty off topic, but still related to my question - do you think that spirits have the option to haunt? as in, can they choose whether they want to stay in a certain place after death?

I don't think it's a choice, really. If something is left unresolved for a spirit, and it's strong enough that they can't let it go and move on, they will stay. Whether that's something that has to be found for them, something that has to be answered for or solved, or simply that they have an emotion or emotions that bind them to a thing or place, is really not easy to tell.

Also, sometimes hauntings are merely echoes of a spirit's presence or passing in a place; an emotional or psychic imprint that lingers in an area or object. The spirit themsleves may have already moved on, but whatever happened in and around the place/object has left a permanent imprint on it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:08 pm
I have weird feelings where I swear I've met someone or done something before. Deja Vu or whatever. There have been times when I swear something's happened in my past, but no one else remembers it. I first thought I was going crazy, but then when I fell across Wicca, it all started to make sense.  

Emerald_Angel28

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:13 pm
Morgandria
whiporwill-o

I don't think it's a choice, really. If something is left unresolved for a spirit, and it's strong enough that they can't let it go and move on, they will stay. Whether that's something that has to be found for them, something that has to be answered for or solved, or simply that they have an emotion or emotions that bind them to a thing or place, is really not easy to tell.

Also, sometimes hauntings are merely echoes of a spirit's presence or passing in a place; an emotional or psychic imprint that lingers in an area or object. The spirit themsleves may have already moved on, but whatever happened in and around the place/object has left a permanent imprint on it.

yes, i'm familiar with 'residual' haunts. i used to live in an old victorian that was haunted, we saw her a few times. she always hung out around the kitchen and bathroom (used to be part of the pantry) and i believe her to be an impression because she stayed in the same places. she never bothered us, but it appeared as though she looked at us, but i can't be sure that she hadn't just been looking at someone/thing in her time and it only be a particular moment or if that her acknowledging us. ahh, the mysteries of life [and death].

i have heard some theories that sometimes, not always, a spirit returns to where they were happiest. to me that makes it sound like they chose to go back, but i doubt the people with those theories have actually asked the spirit.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:44 am
It's the most wonderful time . . .

Okay, this is probably going to be a rather long post, so please bear with me. D;

I firmly believe in past lives, and have sought out mine several times. I know it wasn't a good one; I killed a lot of people, and betrayed everyone who was close to me all for personal gain. I didn't care about anyone but myself, and I'm still paying the price for that. I've had flashes of past lives; there was a tower/fortress in the mountains surrounded by pine trees. In another, I was a boy and picking flowers with my sister, when a knight (an evil one, I guess) came by and killed us both. I'm sure there are others, but I can't remember them all that well.

I've read a lot of books about ghosts and spirits and what happens when we die, and the most logical explanation about ghosts I've heard basically states that the people were killed in some way, more than likely suddenly and traumatically, and either don't know that they're dead or are afraid to go into the light, and stay around haunting things. Sometimes ghosts can be mistaken for malevolent spirits like poltergeists or demons or whatever.

The best thing I've read about what happens between lives is a chapter in Genesis Unveiled by Ian Lawton. In it, he detail's Ian Stevenson's Children Who Remember Past Lives. Apparently, children under a certain age are able to remember everything if asked the right questions. A lot of it can be mistaken for fantasy or imagination, but I guess if your kid says that he was a Roman Centurion and gives exact details, you can actually verify it or something. He also goes on to describe Michael Newton's work in hypnotic past life regression; which focuses on what happens between lives instead. Apparently, there were a lot of people that he interviewed, and every single one of them gave a similar account even though they were all sorts of different people. It's a pretty good read, if you're bored enough, check it out. XD

Also, time does not exist, nor does it go linearly, so to say that time passes between lives can only be from a human point of view. I've always thought that years or centuries in the land between lives could take just a couple seconds here on earth. I firmly believe that we choose whatever time period we need to in order to learn and grow as a soul. That being said, I don't think past lives always happen in the past; some of them happen in the future as well. But because as humans we only see what we know to be true, I don't think that a lot of us can tap into those future lives. Imagine living in the 1700's and having a dream about a cell phone and cars and computers. Your poor conditioned human brain would probably block it out and be traumatized.

Well, that's my take on past lives and stuff, feel free to agree or disagree. =3

. . . of the year!User Image

goddess_elppy

Feline Fairy

8,475 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Arcaniss Vivian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:27 am
I AGREE!!!!!! *I have nooo clue what they just said but I want to read that book*  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games