Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aloyseus_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:31 pm
ah okay... well i hope it doesn't cause too much trouble. =\  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:45 am
Aloyseus_Wolf
Shouldn't... of else we'll just sacrafice your pixels to the computer gods. wink  

Jameta
Captain

Aloyseus_Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:19 pm
Jameta
Aloyseus_Wolf
Shouldn't... of else we'll just sacrafice your pixels to the computer gods. wink

HAHAHA xd  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:59 pm
Jameta
Aloyseus_Wolf
Please dont flame me sweatdrop ...
But maybe you could have a thread where people talk about different types of divinatoin, this way maybe some members of the guild can be introduced to new horizons ect ect. For example though I practice tarot I also use Runes in a lot of my divination practices. There are countless forms of divination and perhaps instead of altering analready existing thread perhaps there could be a thread where people just talk about divination in general. If you notice that there seems to be one talked about more than the other then perhaps this could turn into a thread.
As Mr. Changes-His-Name-All-the-Time said ( wink ), we don't flame inside the guild. That's pretty much pointless, as we're supposed to be open-minded and civil so that we might grow in knowledge.

As for the divination thread, it is possible that Christo's forum may be changed to that so there are discussions as well as 'tellings' for one another. We'll have toa sk him before he steps out. sweatdrop

Well Mrs. Poke Fun-er ( domokun ) tends to assume that people know so basic things razz So if I sound redundant at any point, I'm just being cautious.

As for the Tarot Thread.. I know I'm not good enough to do readings online.. I can hardly get a simple Past, Present, Future reading done for myself.

The book I bought is really nice in describing the cards, however they don't explain to well what the carm means when it's upside down.. For example, the Empress card represents Birth, but when it's upside down, is it supposed to mean Death? Because in my Celtic Cross reading it was the 1st card, which shows my current situation.. and I dont think/hope death is involved, really.  

x__CrimsonRegret

Aloyseus_Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:12 pm
*Raises hand for online Tarot Readings*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:08 pm
x__CrimsonRegret
Jameta
Aloyseus_Wolf
Please dont flame me sweatdrop ...
But maybe you could have a thread where people talk about different types of divinatoin, this way maybe some members of the guild can be introduced to new horizons ect ect. For example though I practice tarot I also use Runes in a lot of my divination practices. There are countless forms of divination and perhaps instead of altering analready existing thread perhaps there could be a thread where people just talk about divination in general. If you notice that there seems to be one talked about more than the other then perhaps this could turn into a thread.
As Mr. Changes-His-Name-All-the-Time said ( wink ), we don't flame inside the guild. That's pretty much pointless, as we're supposed to be open-minded and civil so that we might grow in knowledge.

As for the divination thread, it is possible that Christo's forum may be changed to that so there are discussions as well as 'tellings' for one another. We'll have toa sk him before he steps out. sweatdrop

Well Mrs. Poke Fun-er ( domokun ) tends to assume that people know so basic things razz So if I sound redundant at any point, I'm just being cautious.

As for the Tarot Thread.. I know I'm not good enough to do readings online.. I can hardly get a simple Past, Present, Future reading done for myself.

The book I bought is really nice in describing the cards, however they don't explain to well what the carm means when it's upside down.. For example, the Empress card represents Birth, but when it's upside down, is it supposed to mean Death? Because in my Celtic Cross reading it was the 1st card, which shows my current situation.. and I dont think/hope death is involved, really.

Okay like I said before I would LOVE to help people out with their interpertations. I'm not quite sure of other people's experiences with Tarot and other forms of divination in the thread, but I have been using Tarot for about... I would say 5 years now and runes for about 3.

I would like to begin with saying that interperation of any divinational tool is based mainly on intuitions (a duh) books and reference are there only to help you educate yourself on the symbols within in the cards ect. ect.

Like for example The Empress can represent anything from Birth or being a Mother or just being the quientisential woman. She represents growth (Think of the Tripple Goddess... shes not quite the crone, but she isn't the virgin either.) A reversal of this card could imply that your not willing to grow into what you should become. Or since it was the Significator card perhaps maybe your enviroment is not allowing/ or persuading you to stay where you are. This isn't neccasarily a negative thing... that depends on the connotations of the other cards in the spread.

EDIT: Let me specify so I don't step on any toes... what I mean is I'm willing to help people who do their own readings or have dreams for that matter or perhaps answer question about different kinds of divination. Because I know there is a thread already dedicated to Tarot I wasn't trying to imply anything about that thread. It is an AWESOME thread, what I merely meant... well I think you get the idea now so I'll just shut up.  

Aloyseus_Wolf

Elven Prince CJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:52 am
If you need someone to put a database on the cards I will volenteer. i have many books pertaining to Tartot, and CR its not upside down meanings its reversed meanings. I have those two. Christo posted some of the kinds of ways to do readings and I can research the process and put a few kinds of methods and pictures to help. This is is you'd like me to do it. Being Nerdy and all it seems that I enjoy wierd things like this. gonk , Also it seems Christo is leaving you half done, but his journals just make my cry. I mean he just practically snapped. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:54 am
also CR when cards are inversed?reversed. It could mean it is prolonged or could take longer. The empress is the supreme motherly figure. Upside down she could represent a bad mothertype figure. Baddning relationship, or otherthings. All cards are ment for personal Interpritations. xd  

Elven Prince CJ

Aloyseus_Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:21 pm
Computer_Junkie
also CR when cards are inversed?reversed. It could mean it is prolonged or could take longer. The empress is the supreme motherly figure. Upside down she could represent a bad mothertype figure. Baddning relationship, or otherthings. All cards are ment for personal Interpritations. xd

Definatly agree with you there... I was just giving my own interpertation.. I should have definatly put more emphasize on individual intuition.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:23 pm
Computer_Junkie
If you need someone to put a database on the cards I will volenteer. i have many books pertaining to Tartot, and CR its not upside down meanings its reversed meanings. I have those two. Christo posted some of the kinds of ways to do readings and I can research the process and put a few kinds of methods and pictures to help. This is is you'd like me to do it. Being Nerdy and all it seems that I enjoy wierd things like this. gonk , Also it seems Christo is leaving you half done, but his journals just make my cry. I mean he just practically snapped. sad

I would also like to help out in anyway possible.  

Aloyseus_Wolf

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:04 am
*Poke of Magical Suggestion!*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:56 pm
Jameta

Jameta
Captain

Kabuki Doll

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:57 am
Jameta
Jameta

Go, Jameta, GO!

Wow. I see a number of suggestions about the divination thing. Again. Wow.
But I see a redundance in the tarot reading. I've never bothered with Tarot myself, and divination is my strength sweatdrop I'm partial to scrying mirrors and crystal balls. But then as everyone said, there's a great number of ways to practice divination. Still...
::Feels rather typical::

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:27 pm
Kabuki Doll
Jameta
Jameta

Go, Jameta, GO!

But I see a redundance in the tarot reading. I've never bothered with Tarot myself, and divination is my strength sweatdrop I'm partial to scrying mirrors and crystal balls. But then as everyone said, there's a great number of ways to practice divination. Still...
Dully noted. It shall be added to the lsit of tortur- I mean, tasks for the Crew. 3nodding  

Jameta
Captain

Kabuki Doll

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:45 am
Jameta
Kabuki Doll
Jameta
Jameta

Go, Jameta, GO!

Dully noted. It shall be added to the lsit of tortur- I mean, tasks for the Crew. 3nodding

xd  
_The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces