Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Memorable Threads
Drawing Contest: Season's Greetings -Winners Announced- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you celebrate?
Christmas
81%
 81%  [ 26 ]
Hanukkah
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kwanzaa
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Winter Solstice
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
None listed (if other please share)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 32

Sexy_Daxter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:22 am
Wow, thats a big prize.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:52 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Zaerin Grey

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

17,100 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:35 am
I really wanted to do a big picture with all my mantises in it, but I know I'm just not going to have the time to get it done for the contest, or Christmas for that matter. Thus, I decided to do an adorable smaller piece which I sketched out.

Is so going to enter this one, unlike the Halloween event. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:04 pm
Final entry date pushed back to the 28th, that is all.  

Selene Aries

Zaerin Grey

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

17,100 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:37 pm
wooo artses. keep them comming people!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:57 pm

I am defiantly working on mine, I promise! It's been taking longer then I'd like cause I'm so busy with teh holidays, but I'll work hard to get it done by the 28th *bows*User Image

Shinigami Whistle

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:19 pm
Kyoni Malkat

I am defiantly working on mine, I promise! It's been taking longer then I'd like cause I'm so busy with teh holidays, but I'll work hard to get it done by the 28th *bows*

This be why I extended the contest for another week. ^.^

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:52 pm
Meh...I don't think I've even started one.....Blasted Artists Block...I think it's contagious.... crying  

Manda_Tifa

Zella L.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:35 am
I knew precisely what I wanted to do for this one...anthro reindeer of course! And I got to accurately draw those fashionable antlers this time becuase female reindeer have them too. Hoofers are my friends! And that cute wittle baby! And it made a decent x-mas card too.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:39 am
Zella L.
I knew precisely what I wanted to do for this one...anthro reindeer of course! And I got to accurately draw those fashionable antlers this time becuase female reindeer have them too. Hoofers are my friends! And that cute wittle baby! And it made a decent x-mas card too.

The females are the only ones that keep their antlers during winter wink That is why many argue that all of Santa's reindeer are female, since they are always shown with antlers.

Selene Aries

Zella L.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:29 am
Diana Vulpes
Zella L.

The females are the only ones that keep their antlers during winter wink That is why many argue that all of Santa's reindeer are female, since they are always shown with antlers.

I heard that once! I didn't know if it was just in winter. Do you know why that is? Is it to protect their babies or something?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:06 am
Zella L.

I heard that once! I didn't know if it was just in winter. Do you know why that is? Is it to protect their babies or something?

Caribou are the only deer in which both sexes have antlers. Males shed their antlers following the fall breeding season (young males retain their antlers longer that mature males). Pregnant females shed their antlers soon after the calves are born in the spring. Non-pregnant females shed their antlers during the winter.

That is the info I am finding on the subject. So I guess the whole "All of Santa's reindeer are female" argument does have some holes.  

Selene Aries

Zella L.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:47 pm
Diana Vulpes
Zella L.

Caribou are the only deer in which both sexes have antlers. Males shed their antlers following the fall breeding season (young males retain their antlers longer that mature males). Pregnant females shed their antlers soon after the calves are born in the spring. Non-pregnant females shed their antlers during the winter.

That is the info I am finding on the subject. So I guess the whole "All of Santa's reindeer are female" argument does have some holes.

Well, they must be, becuase only female reindeer can fly. rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:37 pm
Hmm... considering that this months items are really only half decent... I think I might give the top winner the option of one Decmeber 2005 and perhaps something else... Maybe 5k of gold or a different letter...  

Selene Aries

Zella L.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:29 pm
You could give first and second a letter, plus 5k for first or something.  
Memorable Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff