Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Cosplay Help Thread-- Videogame Characters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Qianna

Sugary Genius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:23 pm
AirTVfan
Thanks! biggrin

I found you some patterns which look like the dress... Actually it looks to me like a long t-shirt...

Anyway..
Simplicity - 3775

and then pattern A

Vogue - V8592

Burda - 3274

I think the one from Burda is most perfect for it! It's simple and has a zipper, since you have cotton, it's not a stretch-fabric, so I think that you should use something similar to the Burda pattern.

Yes, I've looked at your picture, browsed through a sewing pattern website and found you those patterns. ^_^
For the collar, I'm not sure what you can do, but I think you can make the shape of your shoulders in the pattern, a little wider, and longer at the neck... If I were you I'd make sure it can be opened and closed at the back. smile

And for getting the bottom of the dress more flowy: Make the dress wider at the bottom or use a flowy fabric. Otherwise you'll have to do with your fabric and your pattern and see how it turns out. I think it doesn't have to be all that flowy since your picture wasn't flowy either.

I don't know the difference between cotton and cotton blend, since it's not translated in my own language. <_>... But I'm guessing that cotton blend is a mixture with some other fabric other than cotton, or a different size of thread or something. I don't know... I don't think it matters what fabric you got. Cotton is probably fine. ^_^

I hope that helps! Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:15 pm
Thank you so much. I'm sorry I'm replying several weeks later! D: I just noticed that you posted while I was browsing the guild.

I'll start once I get a decent pair of scissors. >.<

AirTVfan

Jacky Strider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:22 pm
Hi! smile I want to cosplay as Riku from Kingdom Hearts II... I'm pretty sure that the pants are gonna be easy, but I'm worried about the shirt and vest. If anyone has any suggestions for modding/patterns, that would be lovely! Thank you!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:37 pm
Mikey is Not Like Us
Hi! smile I want to cosplay as Riku from Kingdom Hearts II... I'm pretty sure that the pants are gonna be easy, but I'm worried about the shirt and vest. If anyone has any suggestions for modding/patterns, that would be lovely! Thank you!

Well, if you could be a bit more specific about which patterns your moding it would help.
I have limited experience, but I've found adjusting length is fairly simple. Also removing sleeves is very simple too. Actually saves you the agony of sleeves!
Also I like to make patterns of the new modded pattern it also saves you from destroying your pattern in case you need it again. I use paper taped together but if you can get a roll of paper, I guess like construction paper that would work.
If you want more specific advice, just post the detail.  

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

Uke-Kun Yaoi

Desirable Master

18,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:22 pm
Hi there ^^ I'm planning on making a Napstabot cosplay (Robot version of Napstablook from Undertale) and I have no idea what materials I should use, or what reference pictures I should use/how to make it. e-e Any help with finding a recognizable ref. picture and creating it? Thanks ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:50 am
Uke-Kun Yaoi
Hi there ^^ I'm planning on making a Napstabot cosplay (Robot version of Napstablook from Undertale) and I have no idea what materials I should use, or what reference pictures I should use/how to make it. e-e Any help with finding a recognizable ref. picture and creating it? Thanks ^^

Hi Uke-Kun,

I just sent out a message to our Crew members about you needing help with your Napstabot cosplay outfit. Hopefully at least one of them can give you advice. My advice is to google your character and check it out on Wikipedia. I'm not Familiar with Undertale so please let us know more about it. Good luck with creating your outfit.

Ron (Smithers456)
Guild Vice Captain  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Uke-Kun Yaoi

Desirable Master

18,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:54 am
smithers456
Uke-Kun Yaoi

Hi Uke-Kun,

I just sent out a message to our Crew members about you needing help with your Napstabot cosplay outfit. Hopefully at least one of them can give you advice. My advice is to google your character and check it out on Wikipedia. I'm not Familiar with Undertale so please let us know more about it. Good luck with creating your outfit.

Ron (Smithers456)
Guild Vice Captain

Oh okay, Thank you ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:52 pm
Uke-Kun Yaoi

Hei! As far as it goes for napstabot, I believe there's no official design for him. My advice for this is to go to tumblr or google, look up napstabot, and find the design you like the best for him. When you do make sure to ask the original artist if you can use the design for cosplay!
Until then I'm not sure how to give more advice, but feel free to message me if/when you find one! I'd love to help you out! (and if you can't find a ref I can prob help you with that too if worse comes to worse, so don't be afraid to message me or anything about that either! vuv)

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150

Uke-Kun Yaoi

Desirable Master

18,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:33 pm
nerdiepi
Uke-Kun Yaoi

Hei! As far as it goes for napstabot, I believe there's no official design for him. My advice for this is to go to tumblr or google, look up napstabot, and find the design you like the best for him. When you do make sure to ask the original artist if you can use the design for cosplay!
Until then I'm not sure how to give more advice, but feel free to message me if/when you find one! I'd love to help you out! (and if you can't find a ref I can prob help you with that too if worse comes to worse, so don't be afraid to message me or anything about that either! vuv)

Ah, okay ^^ Thanks! I found a design for Napstabot. It's kind of like Mettaton's clothing, but just a blue/white version of it. ^^ I'm going to look around more, and maybe I'll be able to come up with a design of my own? (Maybe?? If I'm creative enough.. e-e")  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:44 pm
Uke-Kun Yaoi

Ah, okay ^^ Thanks! I found a design for Napstabot. It's kind of like Mettaton's clothing, but just a blue/white version of it. ^^ I'm going to look around more, and maybe I'll be able to come up with a design of my own? (Maybe?? If I'm creative enough.. e-e")

Sounds good! If that's case, I can link you a couple tutorials for arms if you're going with that? I found one for arm socks, as well as one that uses foam for a more robotic effect so to say. Here and here just to get an idea and somewhere to start.
I hope this helps you some : oc

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150

Uke-Kun Yaoi

Desirable Master

18,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:53 pm
nerdiepi
Uke-Kun Yaoi

Sounds good! If that's case, I can link you a couple tutorials for arms if you're going with that? I found one for arm socks, as well as one that uses foam for a more robotic effect so to say. Here and here just to get an idea and somewhere to start.
I hope this helps you some : oc

Aaaaaaa these are really good tutorials. I think I might do the arm sock one? Going to be a bit awkward to draw if I do both arms (since I'm right handed) but I can get a friend to wear one for me whilst I do the drawing part for it. These seem like they would help out a lot  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:11 pm
Uke-Kun Yaoi

Aaaaaaa these are really good tutorials. I think I might do the arm sock one? Going to be a bit awkward to draw if I do both arms (since I'm right handed) but I can get a friend to wear one for me whilst I do the drawing part for it. These seem like they would help out a lot

Seems like a plan vuv
If you're going for a close to mettaton but white and blue still like you had said, then I maybe know someone you could message about help as well? Metal/armor esque designs have never been my thing otl, but you should message Moderately Okay Cosplay on facebook! Their mettaton is my fave, and their chestplate speaker works. I suggest maybe getting some advice from them too, I'm sure they'd be happy to help, and maybe even guide you through what they did if you like the cosplay they made! (you could totally put blooky's theme set to play instead of death by glamour, that'd be so neat!)

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150

Uke-Kun Yaoi

Desirable Master

18,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:15 pm
nerdiepi
Uke-Kun Yaoi

Seems like a plan vuv
If you're going for a close to mettaton but white and blue still like you had said, then I maybe know someone you could message about help as well? Metal/armor esque designs have never been my thing otl, but you should message Moderately Okay Cosplay on facebook! Their mettaton is my fave, and their chestplate speaker works. I suggest maybe getting some advice from them too, I'm sure they'd be happy to help, and maybe even guide you through what they did if you like the cosplay they made! (you could totally put blooky's theme set to play instead of death by glamour, that'd be so neat!)

That sounds like such a cool idea. Plus my dad knows stuff about led lights and programming things so he might be able to help out with making that. ^^ I'm going to bookmark all of these links, so I can hopefully make it. I might go to a convention in February, so I think I have enough time? These are amazing ideas  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:18 pm
Uke-Kun Yaoi

That sounds like such a cool idea. Plus my dad knows stuff about led lights and programming things so he might be able to help out with making that. ^^ I'm going to bookmark all of these links, so I can hopefully make it. I might go to a convention in February, so I think I have enough time? These are amazing ideas

Yeah glad I could help! Feel free to message me if you ever need anything else, and make sure to let me know what the finish product looks too, I'm excited to see what you'll make and come up with!

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
Cosplay Help

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash