Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Anti-twilight Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:09 pm
I think that I'll be the bigger woman here and will stand down and let your comments speak for themselves.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:34 am
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Twilight Scribe
Now we're getting philosophical? Yes I am aware of the both the Rwandan genocide, as well as the war in Iraq, but your claims that I can't rag on the Twitards or call them that, for that matter, is my point now. I can refer to them however I want, it's a free country and I have freedom of speech so I can refer to them how I want, as long as I'm not spreading hateful things or anything, which I'm not.

You're the only person, so far, that I've found who's objected to my calling the hardcore, obsessive, crazed fans of the series Twitards. Not even the Twitards themselves have objected to it.

I have my reasons for ragging on them, and I'm well aware of how hypocritical I may seem. My point here is, is that Twilight is an admittingly mediocre book series, yet it's being praised as the greatest thing ever, and is also romanticizing stalking and abusive relationships. You don't find this troubling at all?

This is why I'm concerned about Twitards and constantly complaining about them. If they weren't always so up in my face whenever I take a peek at a forum or go out to school, or even go to the mall, then I wouldn't care. My problem is that they continually call the books romantic, when they're clearly not, and that Edward and Bella are obviously in love, which they're not. It's lust, and if it is love, then it's freakishly shallow with no basis in what makes good literature.

A good romance novel usually has chemistry between its two leads. This goes along with a balanced cast of dynamic and static characters, PLOT, and development of character and story. Basically, fleshing out the character and story. But Twilight does none of these, and reinforces that watching a girl sleep in her room at night, without her knowing, is perfectly okay and is even ROMANTIC, and a way of showing you care.

PS. Pledging a love to your country is called nationalism, and you typically do that on a daily basis. Religion is also something different, you're trying to twist ideas to fit your argument. Twilight is a book, it's entertainment, and should be debated over as to its quality and legitimacy as a piece of English literature.

But since we're talking about the FANS here, I think that it would be better to talk about that. Antis exist everywhere, and while I'm an intelligent fan of the series (I like them, but they're not the greatest), it's the crazy obsessive ones who really ruin the experience for me.

I know what nationalism is. I do not see how nationalist or non-nationalist loyalties are any different. They are the same thing. Why do you think they are different? Is it because patriotism and religion are widely accepted? Many atheists would consider the Bible or the Qur'an just stories, like Twilight. Is it because billions of people have pledged a love to their country? What separates them in your mind? Nationalism is just a finer point in the realm of loyalties, it is defined as a love for your country, rather than a loyalty to a culture, person, ethnicity or even book series. Personally, I think nationalism is ridiculous. I don't understand why people divide themselves into different groups based on where you were born. It makes no sense to me. Nationalism give us a way to group as well as exclude and isolate ourselves from others. I believe nationalism is the root of many, if not all, humanity's problems. So, please, don't go telling me that I don't know what nationalism is, or that I 'typically do that on a regular basis'.

Ah, I see you have implied I am a 'Twitard', as you like to call it, "This is why I'm concerned about Twitards and constantly complaining about them. If they weren't always so up in my face whenever I take a peek at a forum or go out to school, or even go to the mall, then I wouldn't care." If you read over everything I've said to you, you'll notice that I never once defended the book's writing, plot line, story development, character development or romance aspects. Seriously speaking, I really don't care whether or not you think the relationship is abusive or whatever, or if you think it's the worst thing to ever come out of an author, or if you think the main characters are shallow and lustful. It really doesn't matter to me what you think about the Twilight series.

Also, I don't see how the "crazy obsessive fans" can ruin the experience for you. Fans and the book series itself are two very separate things and they cannot ruin each other unless you make them do so in your own mind. I go to a high school that also includes a junior high (grades 7-12) and I have never once heard someone gushing about a Twilight book and I am graduating this year. I found out halfway through last year that about 8 of my friends had read and loved Twilight. Maybe the reason Twilight fans are 'always so up in your face' is because you provoke them. You talk about hating Twilight as much a fans talk about loving Twilight. If you would stop talking about how much you dislike the writing and story then maybe you would feel less threatened. To fans, it really doesn't matter whether your statements are logical or intelligent or not, so just leave them alone. If you do, they will leave you alone in response.

And, again, if you look back at all the things I've said to you, you'll see I never told you that you "can't rag on the Twitards or call them that". I told you it's offensive, and that just because they are obsessed people does not give you the right to call them something offensive like that. I never said you couldn't. You can do whatever you want, I really don't care, I simply said you shouldn't.

The problem is we hardly ever provoke them. In fact, sometimes we don't even speak with them. We'll be speaking with a friend and state our opinions about the book, like saying you don't like it or that its bad in your opinion. Then WHAM! A slap in the face from some ranom angry girl that heard what you said!

I mean really, not a problem? The fans don't matter? If you are attacked for NOT liking a book series a little... ya their is a problem, and you will like the book less.

What if you said the book had a few plot holes, ok, thats fine, your opinion... but then a 13 year old girl bites you because you said it....

The fan base does effect the veiws of the book. What if a mother had a 12 year old that read the book, then the 12 year old decided she wanted to be a vampire. Then she'd see the other "vampire" her daughters are hanging out with. She gets a call from the school about their being a fight perhaps? Maybe her daughter just screamed at someone for voicing their opinion....

The mother would see this as a bad influence, and not like the book.  

itsKaityCat

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:52 pm
I so want a 'Team Tyler's Van' t-shirt, even though I'd be beat up for it or cussed out by every obsessive fan in my city when they saw it. I'd hate that, but then again, I was just expressing my opinion, so they can't do anything, really, about it.

The casualties regarding this whole obsessive Twilight fan-base, is one little girl's fish, Mopsy, and another girl's pet mouse.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:02 pm
RLLY!?!?! Isn't this a Twilight Guild?????? I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be offending on a guild that was made for it. If you have anti-Twilight comments, go join an anti-Twilight guild. Just stop offending us where we like to express our good feeling towards Twilight. Please. I'm just so tired of people who start offending us in front of our faces. We all have different view of Twilight and that is okay. Just don't talk about it here.  

love_edward_bella

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:02 pm
love_edward_bella
RLLY!?!?! Isn't this a Twilight Guild?????? I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be offending on a guild that was made for it. If you have anti-Twilight comments, go join an anti-Twilight guild. Just stop offending us where we like to express our good feeling towards Twilight. Please. I'm just so tired of people who start offending us in front of our faces. We all have different view of Twilight and that is okay. Just don't talk about it here.
Last I checked this was a free country, and I've been a member of this guild for quite a while at this time. And right now... I want some tribbles, despite the fact that they're born pregnant and are freakin' everywhere.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:01 pm
love_edward_bella

it's not insulting is you're having a debate. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. ALso if we're all in this guild we obviously like the series, there's just things about it we don't like... also this also started about the crazy fans and how many don't like Twilight because of the fan base. Understandable.
Other fans don't like the series as much because of the crazy fans... and we were talking about how stupid that was.

We're not being anti-twilight. Read all the posts before posting something like this.  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:08 pm
Twilight Scribe
love_edward_bella
Last I checked this was a free country, and I've been a member of this guild for quite a while at this time. And right now... I want some tribbles, despite the fact that they're born pregnant and are freakin' everywhere.

I caught that reference you made there . . .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:34 am
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Twilight Scribe
love_edward_bella

What's wrong with making a reference? xD  

Twilight Scribe

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:15 am
Twilight Scribe
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Twilight Scribe
love_edward_bella

Haha, nothing. I just wanted to let you know that I caught it and it didn't go to waste (just incase no one else enjoys a little Star Trek every now and then).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:00 am
I must say you are very sensible people... not psychos like most fans i know... its quite refreshing  

itsKaityCat

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:07 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Twilight Scribe
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Twilight Scribe
love_edward_bella

Haha, nothing. I just wanted to let you know that I caught it and it didn't go to waste (just incase no one else enjoys a little Star Trek every now and then).
I've had that happen, people don't appreciate the references. D:  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:23 pm
Twilight Scribe
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Twilight Scribe
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Twilight Scribe
love_edward_bella

Pfft, that's probably because they don't get them and they feel left out.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

itsKaityCat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:56 pm
...maybe i should be a trekkie...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:33 pm
this is so funny. but yes, I am a twilight fan. I agree there are over-obsessed fans even I don't understand. People loose their minds over fiction, like the chick who bit someone. For real?

But anyways, I've been reading over some post here and someone said there isn't a legitimate reason to love Twilight or something like that. Anti-twilights say that all the time so i figure I'll give some of my reasons.

It's not necessarily the "great writing skills" of Stephanie, but I love it because Edward and Bella's love is an over the top version of what love does to people. It’s the actual story more than anything. It’s not like we ever said “OMG this is AWARD worthy it’s just genius!” at least I never did…Falling in love and doing the unreasonable crazy in my experience is what love is capable of. For instance in the earlier books (before the mess of Breaking Dawn) there was humor, this crazy passion, and i guess it just entertains me. I still read over the parts in the 3 books like conversations and moments that i just love. Notice when Breaking Dawn came out some people HATED it because the elements that made you love it where gone. But, that’s another post…

There are defiantly people in this fandom that make you question your love for the series...and the haters no matter how much of a right they have, can piss us off too. Even to us chill Twi-fans, the term Twitard is offensive. I mean, my friend's dad (Star Trek fan) dresses as the characters for conventions and stuff, and show the same enthusiasm as us Twilight fans. I don't go and disrespect them and call them Trek-tards. i may look and them funny, but it's all love man. I can't hate on someone for something that makes them happy...

Sorry I’m ranting, but I get what you’re saying--it's the people who are all up in your face about how Twilight rocks and you suck if you don't think so, i know but that's just how the world is. I’m glad this guild is distinguished from the rest of the fandom as “reasonable people” lol. It is okay if some of us bother you. slap 'em if neccissary.  

Aqua Anjel

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:58 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Twilight Scribe
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Twilight Scribe
.Bucket.of.Joy.

Pfft, that's probably because they don't get them and they feel left out.
True, very true. Trek is my anti-drug, and K/S is what I adore. xD It's canon... you just have to look for it!  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff